Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What day for new products announcement?

Posted by OICU812 
Re: What day for new products announcement?
April 12, 2022 09:04AM
Morning,

hints ... hm ...

It flies.
It's a helicopter.
It's radio controlled.
It's something which doesn't require any r/c experience.
It's something literally everybody who can at least flick a switch or push a button on a transmitter can fly and have fun with.

Come to the event, grab a radio, have a go, no questions asked.

Now have fun guessing grinning smiley more to come between now and the event—obviously winking smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 13, 2022 08:58PM
> Now have fun guessing grinning smiley more to come between now
> and the event—obviously winking smiley
>
> —Eddi

I hope this thing is not a coaxial heli? grinning smiley

But if Mikado solved the main current rc heli problem - long and difficult learning cureve by producing new generation of fbl / electronic with anti crash function that is fantastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2022 09:00PM by Jock_rst.
April 15, 2022 04:29PM
I think they have put an Mikado sticker on the FW 450 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Anders Norlin

May 01, 2022 07:03PM
Any new update yet ????
May 02, 2022 09:03AM
Hi,

still putting the finishing touches on what we plan to publish.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 21, 2022 02:39AM
Still waiting for the news. Is any info about announce date?
May 23, 2022 08:42AM
Hi,

the news is, the news will be exclusively published in the oncoming ROTOR magazine.
Until then, we have are under a self-imposed vow of silence smiling smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 23, 2022 12:31PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> the news is, the news will be exclusively
> published in the oncoming ROTOR magazine.
> Until then, we have are under a self-imposed vow
> of silence smiling smiley
>
> Kind regards
>
> Eddi

Thanks Eddie! Keep waiting! =)
May 23, 2022 12:44PM
When does the rotor magazine come out ? No hints?
May 23, 2022 01:40PM
Hi,

it'll be in the July edition, ahead of the Global3D event.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 05, 2022 08:55PM
Here's my guess. I think Mikado will use their relationship with OMPHobby to bring a fun heli for raw beginners to their line up. I predict it will be closely based on the OMPHobby 'Heli 101' which is a beginners micro heli that has auto take off and land and altitude hold.. It fits all the hints.
June 06, 2022 07:22AM
Hallo.
Ich denke auch das eine Vplane überholung mal interessant wäre.
Die Modellprogrammierung von Powerbox ist genial.
Mit einzelnen Funktionen auf ein leeres Blatt zum Komplexen Modell.

Rettung sollte auch dabei sein.

Gruss Daniel
June 09, 2022 03:00PM
From Facebook:

Over 30 years of innovative products by Mikado Model Helicopters—a new Chapter begins

1994—Mikado LOGO 30
The first electric model helicopter!

2007—Mikado VBar
The first Flybarless-System. Worldwide!

2014—VBar Control radio control system
The first Flybarless-System, programmable from the radio, with built-in telemetry!

2022—on June 13th
A new milestone in model helicopter flying!

Can't wait! Can't wait! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2022 03:00PM by Jock_rst.
June 09, 2022 07:43PM
Jock_rst Wrote:

> Can't wait! Can't wait! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smiley

Given the 'hints' dropped in Eddi's previous post it doesnt really sound like something that is going to appeal to experienced RC heli flyers.
June 13, 2022 02:04PM
Today is the day!
June 13, 2022 02:06PM
It seems to be a new simulator..
June 13, 2022 02:07PM
Is there a web link for it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2022 02:08PM by Debruhl42.
June 13, 2022 02:22PM
June 13, 2022 02:57PM
June 13, 2022 03:00PM
Can not understand it I speak English only
June 13, 2022 03:03PM
Debruhl42 Wrote:
> Can not understand it I speak English only

Switch to English on the top right at the web page linked above.

Anders Norlin
June 13, 2022 03:04PM
Thanks
June 13, 2022 03:53PM
That is quite cool.

Do I understand correctly, it will only aid you in learning upright flying - should you want to proceed to inverted flight, your only aid would be the classic rescue function? The flight zone boundaries cannot work with inverted flight?

Can it only be purchased as a package, or can you pair the base station with your existing Logo 200 and Vcontrol classic/touch?

Is the new VControl Basic only for the flight trainer, or can it be used for regular flying (with other models than the Logo 200) as well?
June 14, 2022 12:36AM
Flight trainer really nice tech for beginners! Will solve problem with many crashes and disappointment on entry to hobby. Also hope that Mikado will releasing something for intermediate / advanced pilots, something like Neo2
June 14, 2022 09:41AM
Hi,

for starters, it's meant for learning the basic steps, upright, and tops with bank angles up to 90° in free flight mode.
Things which are difficult enough for total beginners, and things which represent veritable hurdles, even for semi-advanced pilots.
Do backwards figure-eights, sideways figure eights nose in/nose out, or funnels in a confined airspace, where you want the model to be, with a pin or landing pad as the center of the maneuver, not where it goes, and only prevent it from crashing grinning smiley
Then, repeat with your 700 ^^ and use Rescue if needed.

Technically, the technology is not limited to upright.

For starters, it will be sold as a package, hence the 'no prior knowledge required'.
Unpack, charge, fly, grin, have a lift instantly, share, have fun at the barbecue.
This way, we can make sure everybody has a positive experience.
It's not an add-on which has to be configured painfully, calibrated, and where you need to be able to fly just to take it into operation, with uncertainty what to expect.
Still, even after years of testing and honing, letting literally everybody fly who came by, it will be exciting to see what happens 'in the wild'.

For starters, it will be LOGO 200 only. Some common sense: the bigger the model, the more dangerous. I mean, I've seen people walk past me while I was flying, directly toward a 700 hovering inverted, just out of curiosity, almost like, can I touch it? No way we put an assault rifle into layman's hands, when a .22 is dangerous enough.

VBar Control Basic, technically, is a VBar Control and, by definition, can control VBar.
It's classed below the original / classic VBar Control, though, so it has very little in the way of bells and whistles, and the programming and computing power as well as the memory is limited. No biggie, with the brain being the VBar NEO after all.
Still, it can serve as a full heli radio for example, also as an entry ticket into the VBar world, as a buddy or backup radio and the likes.

Exciting times are coming smiling smiley even though the accomplished 3D pilot might feel a bit mellow or even left behind about this particular product ... I'd wish people would be delighted for others who—until now—were reluctant to venture into r/c helis. Or for those who tried and failed and spent money, but who would give it another try if it was calculable.
I sincerely hope we can help enlarging the community again, and stop complaining that it seems to bleed dry.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 14, 2022 12:28PM
Kudos to Mikado I think this is awesome for the rc heli hobby. You show real progressive thinking here.

Anders Norlin
June 14, 2022 01:01PM
What is the cost of the package deal?
June 14, 2022 01:30PM
Hi again,

it's not yet set in stone, calculation's become even more demanding since all kinds of costs are often only quoted on a daily basis.

But I expect it to be a four-digit figure, with heli, radio, landing pad, carrying bag, and each and every one broken in at our factory so we know it works, and so the customer can be confident it works.

Doesn't sound very appealing at first, but on the other hand, as the average rookie pilot, if I take a decent 250 or 450 fbl combo (not suitable for me as a rookie, but nobody tells me, they're all good for beginners!), not the most basic radio because I plan to use it for other models too, (maybe the best choice I made so far), accessories, and I'm in the same ballpark easily.
With a good chance of wrecking the model the first time I spool it up. And the second time. Maybe the third time, because I'm stubborn.
And ... crap, I better chose a more rewarding pastime, see ya, and thank you for nothing.
Kind of been there, done that, got the T-Shirt grinning smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 14, 2022 04:11PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
> Exciting times are coming smiling smiley even though the
> accomplished 3D pilot might feel a bit mellow or
> even left behind about this particular product ...
> I'd wish people would be delighted for others
> who—until now—were reluctant to venture into
> r/c helis. Or for those who tried and failed and
> spent money, but who would give it another try if
> it was calculable.
> I sincerely hope we can help enlarging the
> community again, and stop complaining that it
> seems to bleed dry.

I wouldn't take the moaning seriously, I think there's a bit of disappointment because we've guessing for 6 months, and it turns out it's not actually for us. The product sounds good and I look forward to trying it at HeliFest this weekend.

In terms of the VControl Basic, what will it be able to do? It looks like a small screen, so I'm guessing bind, calibrate, expo and a few flight parameters. I suppose no WiFi, so no logging to the cloud, unless you plug the USB in.

Cheers
Rich
June 14, 2022 04:48PM
Hi Rich,

it's a Classic, more or less, so you can do setups, adjust parameters, adjust it's internal settings of course.
The radio can display selected vital telemetry values, but of course not all of them, because of the limited screen real estate.
Also, there is no user defined main screen.

The text-based menu is what you are used to, either on the Classic, or even on the control panel (football).
The EDS dial is what you are used to, from the Classic.
Afaik it will also not store log files grand scale, if at all.
No WiFi.

Almost eternal runtime, though, since the reflective LCD does not consume much energy.
This will be the NOKIA 6210 among the radios ^^

Just like your average 6-7-8 CH radio smiling smiley but ... there are no channels, like ... there is no spoon grinning smiley

Size and feel and gimbals from it's siblings, but way lighter.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login