Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Screenshot Trigger switch questions

Posted by johnahamelv 
Screenshot Trigger switch questions
September 10, 2020 03:00AM
I assigned a momentary switch to be the "Screenshot Trigger Switch". The problem I am having is that every time I take a screenshot with the spring-loaded momentary switch, the radio takes two screen shots instead of just one screenshot. Is it possible to set up a momentary switch so it only takes one screenshot instead of two screenshots?
Re: Screenshot Trigger switch questions
September 10, 2020 04:24AM
I was having the same problem. I finally disabled it but I discovered that if I tap the screen with three fingers, it takes a screenshot. This negates the need for a switch!
September 10, 2020 04:30AM
The 3-finger tap works for me about 60% of the time. I often end up engaging the screen edit menu with the 3-finger tap. I am hoping that a dedicated screenshot switch will give me a more consistent screenshot experience.
September 10, 2020 09:37AM
Hi,

I guess this needs a re-work at some point, either a timeout which will only allow a screenshot every so often, or setting it to a dedicated switch position (e.g. A), not only to a switch, where it does what it does at every status change A-0-B.

Afaik it's already on the roadmap.

For me, 3-Finger works just fine, just do a brief tap and release immediately, do no hold until you get the audible feedback.
Or lock the screen with the 2-Finger tap, the 3-Finger tap will work anyway, then.

Consistent Screenshot Experience, that's a CB or even USP we never thought about grinning smiley the guys in marketing will like it!!

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 08, 2021 10:13PM
I would like to disable the 3 finger screen shot, and just assign screen shot to a momentary switch. This is helpful as it allows me to take a screen shot "on demand" during flight with a switch without taking my hands off the sticks to take a 3 finger screen shot. Every time I take a screen shot with the momentary switch, it ends up taking 2 screen shots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login