Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logo 700 YGE OEM vbar gov.

Posted by Kanglou 
Logo 700 YGE OEM vbar gov.
September 09, 2020 08:24AM
Hi!

I have bought a logo 700 and I have take all my electrics from my logo XXtreme. I have YGE OEM 160HV that came whit the XX kit ( long cables ). Now have I done a new setup in the vbar. So do I have just to select vbar gov at my vbar control then put in pol cells, gear ratio. And then adjust the high and low for the gov. Or do I have select new esc and then select YGE 90lv? I’m not sure what to do here. I haven’t set the esc before it’s pre owned.

Also is there any where in vbar setup that I have to select vbar silverline in the vbar control and how the gyro is mounted like in the computer program?

Regards Daniel.
Re: Logo 700 YGE OEM vbar gov.
September 09, 2020 08:57AM
Hi Daniel,

if the ESC is still set up as before, and has worked with VBar Governor before, no need to change anything but what you said.
Pole count and gear ratio for the calculation of the actual head speed (from the motor pulse count), and the end points in a way so the ESC switches off (– a couple of points for safety) and reaches full throttle.

Otherwise, see here and use the ESC setup wizard to gain control via collective stick (classic VBar Control) or Output Setup / Collective Control in Model Setup (VBar Control Touch).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 09, 2020 09:36AM
Ok, the esc has worked great at my Xx so what I did in vbar control I selected the present for logo 700 ( reset ) and move everything to l700. Before my end point was 100/100 In the vbar control so I will just copy that to my new settings for l700 and put the new gear ratio ( it’s different T between the XX and l700). I will try that and see how that works.

Thanks for the help.
September 09, 2020 12:41PM
Hi again,

When I go in at the new logo 700 the first thing is a vbar Neo i’m have the full-size vbar silverline. Do I have to change it somewhere to silverline or can I just leave it as it is? I know in the computer program there can you pick a couple of mountings for the gyro.
September 09, 2020 01:40PM
Hi,

please help me helping, what radio do you have?
The serial no. would also help me checking if all the Apps are there, e.g. for the classic VBar Control, you need the Old Pro Parameters App.

Otherwise, it's the same thing as on the computer, you also need to select the correct sensor orientation.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 09, 2020 01:58PM
Hi!
My radio is the firat vbar control ( not touch ) and the serial nr is : 1410800012. Yes i want to select gyro orientation. Maby I don’t have that app.
September 09, 2020 05:03PM
Hi again,

looks all good.

On my classic VBar Control, if I create a new setup, I get an icon representing an external sensor.
If I connect a NEO, I get an icon representing an NEO.
For both, I can select the orientation up/down-front/rear.

What version number does your radio show? Please try the following trick: power off, hold the right stick to the lower right corner, power on again. A boot menu will appear, just click to boot and wait. Maybe not all files have been loaded properly, and that trick will force it.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 09, 2020 06:47PM
Hi,

I rebooted but still the same. It’s the Neo that I see if I go in to setup mode? I don’t what to do servos working.
September 10, 2020 07:05AM
My vbar control version is 1.1-1069.
September 10, 2020 08:55AM
Hi again,

OK, let's try something else: please connect the radio to your computer and check how much of the hard disk space is used up.
Free up some (delete e.g. screenshots or older logs, if you want to keep stuff, archive (copy) it to your computer first).

Then, use VBar Control Manager to update, go Applications, switch to German Language, wait, once ready, switch back to English, wait, once done all files have been loaded anew.

I guess it's only a display error but I can not really tell, my classic VBar Control with .1069 and fully updated shows the legacy sensor icon.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 10, 2020 09:38AM
Hi

I have now done like you explained. Sorry to say I diden’t work still the same. I also have a logo 480 whit vbar Neo on it. I hooked it up to the vbar control and went in to edit setup and the it’ s right here the Neo is on the screen but I can’t select differents mounting on the Neo on that screen?
September 10, 2020 09:54AM
Hi again,

OK, there might be a simplification in it which you see as something missing smiling smiley

With LOGO presets, we assume you mount the VBar as stated in the manual (usually V up wires facing front).
Therefore, we hardcode that and some other things so it's simpler to adjust, because 'we know things'.

Try an 'Other 500' setup, for example, and you will see that there are more options because now, we don't know what you have in front of you, and you have to make all the settings yourself.

That in turn could mean that you also get a hardcoded icon for the VBar, not the actual one.

I tried with a classic VBar Control and a legacy VBar as well as a NEO: while the setup wizard for LOGO 700/700XX/800XX is simplified (no selection for sensor orientation, but a hint to what we assume), the radio always displays the proper VBar icon, a sensor in top view, for the legacy VBar, and a NEO in top view, if a NEO is connected.

I'm running out of ideas if we are not actually talking past each other ... maybe RV can shed some more light on it?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 10, 2020 10:01AM
Ok I will try another 500 and see. Will my logo 700 disappear if I’m blind to logo 700 and then press new heli setup and on other 500? How do I save my logo 700 setup?
September 10, 2020 10:33AM
Hi,

last paragraph here: https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1836 ... also there in the printed manual.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 10, 2020 10:34AM
Hi

I did a new model “another 500” the vbar Neo is on the screen in setup model but I can switch sensor directions. After that I did a new heli again and selected logo 700 present. On the first screen in setup model the Neo is on the screen again but I went in to sensor direction and there a can pick diff rents direction so as you said the Neo is the newest vbar so many that is just loaded in the updated software? I haven’t mounted the silverline sensor yet But if I mount it whit the label facing forward the main shaft it will be right?
September 10, 2020 11:06AM
Hi again,

to the best of my knowledge, it should be all right if V up wire forward. If it is, you can set up properly, and all control and stabilization directions will be OK. If not, you couldn't, that would be evidence.

But I'm still curious what could cause this, at your end, I mean, my radio is fully updated, too, and it shows it properly.
For legacy VBars, there was or is no newer version than 6.0.7 so that hasn't changed.

One thing I could imagine is that the particular 800 XXtreme VBar (1410800012, those were sold as Pro with Governor and with LOGO 800 XXtreme firmware) is not detected as the proper device type.

But even then, I guess, if it works it works.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 10, 2020 11:18AM
Hi,

I think everything esc vbar silverline and scorpion 4530- 500kv is from the logo 700XX kit so maby ther is just why? I will try to mount it whit the label from the sensor facing forward as it whas mounted at my Logo 700 XX. I worked perfect on that heli so I should not be any problems on the 700 either I hope.

Thanks for everything I can reply when I have done everything in the setup and shange my motor shaft.
September 19, 2020 05:16PM
[center][/center]Hi again,

So finaly i did my maiden on my new logo 700. the first flight whas nice everything work just fine. But flight nr2 diden´t went so good in aileron tic tock suddenly my cyclic diden´t respons on my input from the radio and i have a big crasch. I check the log for that flight and i have Aileron sensor value out of range and also The cyclic ring is active. It seems like the 700 is build for running Neo it´s verry tight to mount the vbar sensor and the main unit. I attatch the vbar log and a photo for my mounting at the vbar. But what went wrong did i have any problem whit my servo or is it the vbar or some glitches? How do i load up the log i found it but it says wrong format?

September 19, 2020 05:20PM
Here is the log before my crash.
Attachments:
open | download - 00269_vbar.zip (565 bytes)
RV
September 19, 2020 07:25PM
The log entries are where the heli hits the ground.

You say cyclic - could you try to remember if you still had collective control?

Could you please add the current setup file?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2020 07:25PM by RV.
September 20, 2020 12:32PM
Here is the log from the first flight. I whas in Aileron tick tock and after that it didn´t respons on cyclic for my inputs from the radio and it hit the ground. that´s all i remeber and i was a bit suprised what just happend? I tryided to go full trottel to save it but nothing happend

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2020 12:33PM by Kanglou.
Attachments:
open | download - 00268_vbar (2).zip (561 bytes)
RV
September 20, 2020 07:22PM
There is a lot of "Testmode started" - was this intentionally, e.g. after the crash to check things?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 20, 2020 09:36PM
After the crash I have just start it up just one time just to se if the vbar working so it get broken in the crash. So do you have any suggestion based on the two logs what went wrong? Is it something whit the vbar unit some went wrong or is it whit the cyclic servos? I mean I have fly my logo XXtreme whit the same setup for at least 50 flights this summer and it have been perfect and in the second flight whit the new logo 700 this happend? So I don’t put something in the new logo 700 again and the same thing happens again. What do you think? I know it’s hard to say but can I do something to test at the vbar or something. My servos are quite damage so I have to buy some new ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2020 09:39PM by Kanglou.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login