Neo Flashing Green/Magenta?
23.04.2021 17:50:47
I'm running an older Kontronik 80+ HV (Not the Pro version) that was new in the box along with a Hercules G2 Mini external BEC at 8.2v with a 6S 5000 Lipo.

During trial runups on the bench without blades, it's not every time, but the power will cutout for a second, restores and the Neo starts flashing Green/Magenta?

What might be my problem here?

Thank You,
Raz
RV
Re: Neo Flashing Green/Magenta?
23.04.2021 23:23:51
Have a look in the NEO Log.

Is there a entry, and what is written there?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
23.04.2021 23:47:22
Can I access the event log with Express? I'll take a look..

Raz
24.04.2021 01:20:25
I'm not sure if what I'm finding in the event log correlates to the flashing Green/Magenta, but I think so. I'm finding two X error messages. The first is Error 2 @ 0:00 described as "Warmstart". The second is Error 85 @ 0:00 described as "IMU does not deliver any data anymore".

Raz
RV
24.04.2021 08:12:55
Okay - a Warmstart is a serious issue. Does this come up only when you run the heli / move the servos or also when everything stands still?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
25.04.2021 08:10:15
Did you disable the Kontronik BEC by removing the red wire in the throttle lead?

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
26.04.2021 10:24:12
Hi,

the Warmstart more or less only marks a brief power loss, like a Power-On-Restart but without re-initializing the sensors.

The reason is very likely the BEC caving in, either during initialization when the BEC's still weak, or during flight.
The cause is very likely too much power consumption from the servos, or back voltages from the servos.
But could also be a loose contact, bad insulation (brief short circuits) etc.

I'd try with a receiver battery instead of the BEC, compare.

And Vingers right, two BECs will very likely cause problems, so either Kontronik or Hercules, but not both.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
26.04.2021 20:47:35
Hey Guys,

The cut out seems to only occur closely after powering up the model. It's inconsistent and can happen without moving the sticks or activating throttle. I've also been able to power up the model without blades, activate all banks while moving all the sticks without issue. The voltage display pretty much hovers at around 8.2v which is what I have the Hercules G2 set for.

Yes, its configured without the Kontronik BEC, pulled the red wire during the build. My contact points should all be okay.

At this point, do you think the problem may be the Hercules or maybe be the ESC? Although the ESC is new out of the box, it is rather dated.

I suppose I could give a 2S Lipo a try..

Raz
27.04.2021 09:15:01
Hi Raz,

I've been using Hercules _Super_ BECs for years, never had an issue, with Savox or Futaba Servos, which are comparatively modest when it comes to power surges or back voltages. But on the internet, these BECs seem to have an ambiguous reputation.

Two things you can try:
. dial it down to seven point some volts—some ESC manufacturers also recommend this, to leave the BEC more headroom
. use a 2s LiPo, bigger one alone, or small one as a buffer pack, with BEC _if_ the BEC supports it
. if it's happening more or less frequently at power up, try 10 or 20 times with the BEC, then do the same with a suitable receiver pack, compare—I _bet_ it's OK with a battery, which would point to the BEC having at least issues at power on, when the servos surge power, jumping to attention

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
27.04.2021 17:16:04
Appreciate it Eddi!

Raz
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login