Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Paramotor Setup

geschrieben von jakubpetrik 
Paramotor Setup
17.02.2021 07:28:23
Hello,
I'm trying to setup paramotor (motor + 2 servos) with VBar NEO VBasic Receiver. What preset should I pick please?
Re: Paramotor Setup
17.02.2021 08:57:14
Hi,

I would pick what comes closest to the controls I need, compared to regular aircraft.

I take it you need throttle and something like a V-Tail or Elevons, combined elevator—yaw/aileron.
With VBasic and Delta (Elevons), you hav CH2 and CH3 already pre-setup.

If separate controls (1 function per servo) were needed, take the normal plane preset, of course.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
21.02.2021 21:01:51
Hi Eddi,

I went with Delta where controls are nearly perfect, but as the model needs full deflection of both breaks on elevator down and 0 when moving elevator stick up I tried to do the recommended mixing with macrocells. For the left break (aileron to the left) it goes from -100 (full left stick) to 100 on center stick and then constant 100 to the right. Right brake is the mirror of the left curve. I can't come up with proper mix for the servos. Currently when I move elevator all the way down the breaks stays at 0 and won't go lower because the aileron curve is at 100 so I get 100 from aileron and -100 from elevator.

Currently my macrocells flow for each servo looks like: (l/r)aileron curve + elevator curve -> mix (100,100) -> channel -> servo, where curves are:
left aileron: (-100, 100, 100), right aileron: (100, 100, -100), elevator: (-100, 0, 0)

Is it possible to form such flow with macrocells that I will get full deflection on elevator down?

PS: I have attached my macrocells configuration.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.02.2021 21:42 von jakubpetrik.
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - Paramotor.zip (591 bytes)
22.02.2021 10:11:19
Hi,

please help me understanding:

Aileron is aileron, I get that.

Elevator can be understood like flaps, stick pulled, full flaps, stick at center, flaps retracted, stick pushed, nothing, but you's still want to/need to use the full servo travel throughout half of the stick travel?

Stick –100...–50.....0....+100
Servo –100....0...+100...+100

... probably, this already defines your curve winking smiley

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
22.02.2021 10:23:51
> Elevator can be understood like flaps, stick pulled, full flaps, stick at center, flaps retracted, stick pushed, nothing, but you's still want to/need to use the full servo travel throughout half of the stick travel?

Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for.

both curves are fine (aileron, elevator) but I stumble upon the mix part. When elevator stick is all the way down the elev's curve value is -100 (correct) and aileron curve is 100 (correct) but since those two adds up the result is 0 (arms at center). I'm seeking something that will for example multiply elevator's curve output by 2, so 100 (from aileron) will be added to -200 (from elevator) resulting in -100 for servo.
22.02.2021 11:40:55
Hi,

well, then try the Scale cell, to multiply the result of once cell with the result of another.

A quick test with servos on the table shows that this could be leading into the right direction.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
08.03.2021 10:10:52
Hey Eddi,

I ended up defining two mixes: left and right. Both mixes have aileron and elevator as inputs. Only diff between left and right mix is that the right mix multiplies aileron by -100. Then I have two identical curves (-100, 100, 100) that operates on the output of each mix and then channels for each servos which takes the output of those curves. All is fine but I have noticed that trim (in Flight Parameter menu) does nothing and only way to trim the servos is via Center parameter in channel cell.
Is it somehow possible to adjust the channel cell's Center offset with knobs or sliders?

Thank you,

Jakub
09.03.2021 09:43:12
Hello Jakub,

what inputs did you use?

If Aileron or Elevator, that's only the stick, raw, no trim, no nothing.
If _FC_ Aileron or Elevator, that's stick plus magic, e.g. trim or stabilization or mixers for that function if applicable—FC for Flight Control.

I just tried without much in the way of programming, on VBasic, two servos to CH2/3 (ailerons), I can trim e.g. with the -> Modify Parameter App (that should also answer your question about using knobs/rotary inputs).
If I make CH2 a Channel, Input Aileron, no trim.
If Input FC Aileron, again trim.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login