Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hobbywing telemetry

Posted by johnco61 
Hobbywing telemetry
October 22, 2020 06:38PM
Is support for Hobbywing telemetry going to appear on the vbar control? I got talked into buying one only to fined after a lot of faffing about that it's only the touch that supports it.
Regards John
RV
Re: Hobbywing telemetry
October 22, 2020 07:29PM
There is a app for it.

But consider - HW does not support mAh at the smaller ESC's - and you can not adjust any values through the VBC as on others.

I would prefer using Scorpion or YGE.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 22, 2020 08:16PM
Hi Rainer
Thanks for that, i do have a scorpion on one of my machines, a friend of mine has a Hobbywing 120A and gets telemetry with the touch. I want telemetry from my battery without using a Mikado Current/Voltage/Capacity Sensor, my friend gets this using the touch. When I failed to set this up i came across this in the Hobbywing manual

At present, only VBAR NEO Gyro Flybarless system and VBar Control Touch Radio
system support this function. Other VBar Flybarless system (VBar and Mini VBar)
and other VBar Control Radio system do not support telemetry. You can pay
attention to the latest information on VBar official website to obtain relevant
functions. (This item has nothing to do with Hobbywing, Because VBar does not
open devices to support telemetry except NEO. It can be used directly if open in the
future, and Hobbywing ESC does not need to set.)

I have the hobbywing app on my radio but don't seem to get any telemetry at all, what should I get using the app and my control?
RV
October 22, 2020 11:26PM
Quote:
At present, only VBAR NEO Gyro Flybarless system and VBar Control Touch Radio
system support this function. Other VBar Flybarless system (VBar and Mini VBar)
and other VBar Control Radio system do not support telemetry. You can pay
attention to the latest information on VBar official website to obtain relevant
functions. (This item has nothing to do with Hobbywing, Because VBar does not
open devices to support telemetry except NEO. It can be used directly if open in the
future, and Hobbywing ESC does not need to set.)

This is not true.

There is a piece of history to be known:

The JST Ports on the Old Vbars were designed for the Spektrum Sats. We can use them as telemetry ports - but the ingoing signal needs to be in a defined minmum pulse voltage - more than required on a NEO which is designed for Telemetry in first usage here.

Having now a ESC which is "on the edge" with its telemetry signal output to a old VBar - this may work or may not work.

But - as our telemetry items can be chained - and all Mikado telemetry items use more signal voltage and also accepts the lower voltage from others to be enhanced and transferred to VBar - just get a battery ID or gps or pressure sensor and chain the "not working" ESC behind it.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 22, 2020 11:42PM
Rainer this sounds interesting i kind of understand, i do have a spare battery id checker i can try this with so will give it a go. Once again you've been a great help, thank you very much
Regards john
October 23, 2020 09:27AM
Hi,

to sum it up, also for the occasional reader:

VBar Control and VBar Control Touch support HW Telemetry, with the corresponding App loaded.

VBar NEO and legacy VBars support HW Telemetry, it's just that the signal gain must be sufficient, which can be a problem on legacy VBars—here, a genuine Mikado sensor daisy-chained in between can help, as an amplifier/repeater.

What HW states in the quote above is wrong in parts, and makes customers uncertain.

One more piece of history:
HW released their part of our mutual project without notifying us, we only learned on social media about it.
So we had to catch up, finalize and publish the Touch App, after that finalize and release the App for the classic VBar Control ... could all have been smoother with better communication :-/

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2020 09:28AM by Eddi E. aus G..
October 23, 2020 04:00PM
Well I had a go at fitting a battery checker but that didn't work, so I fitted a Current/Voltage/Capacity Sensor while I was at it. This didn't work either so it may not be the Hobbywing after all.
I have a non-vlink Neo fitted with a rx satellite, is this the reason? Can you use the JST ports for telemetry if you're using a rx satellite? This would for sure explain a lot.
Regards John
RV
October 23, 2020 04:50PM
Was this NEO in use with Spektrum sats before?

Consider turning this back to Telemetry (none) in the Macrocells Setup ...

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1927

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2020 04:51PM by RV.
October 23, 2020 07:56PM
Thanks Rainer

I'll have a look into this later, it was used for spectrum a while age but I didn't change anything for that and it worked ok, i haven't been in this menu before so I'll take a look thanks
Regards John
October 24, 2020 03:16PM
Well i went into Macrocells and it was indeed set to dms2 so i changed it to none and now it works fine! I've never been into this menu before but when i setup the first time i used the PC software so hadn't realised I'd changed it.

So to sum up, it was my stupid fault in the first place but it has highlighted that Hobbywing are wrong to say that it doesn't work with the Vbar control, if i hadn't read that I would of perservered and got to the bottom of this a lot sooner

Again thanks Rainer/Eddi for all your help at least I've learned a lot from this and hopefully others will too

Regards John
RV
October 25, 2020 09:46AM
Well - this is set through the PC if you have once selected Spektrum sats. So it is still set "wrongly" even if you connect a VBC. Consider you can also use this instead telemetry for crossover buddyboxing ;-)

But - at all - everything works as expected, so have fun now!

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2020 09:46AM by RV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login