Advanced

App for YGE Telemetry

Posted by mahbouni 
RV
Re: App for YGE Telemetry
November 30, 2017 06:21PM
Quote:
but not sure if I have ESC endpoints setup correctly

No one has to set up ESC endpoints anymore using VBar Gov with CC, Scorpion and YGE in their modes for VBar Governor as they strictlly folow our spec. for this. Who ever tells this out in this world believes in a stone aged relict ;-)

YGE Gov - not our intention because we want to use VBar Gov as it gives the best performance within the integrated feed forwards for ESC AND tail and other Parts of the interacting control loops.

Using a external gov cuts this off ... it is like driving a car blind and trying to keep the speed with the dashboard only w/o knowing about the road, curves, hills etc.

Possible - read here:

- disable YGE app
- set up Gov mode now to external
- enable app
- set ESC modes as you like

NEVER open the Gov mode panel unless you want to go to Vbar Gov.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 06:22PM by RV.
December 02, 2017 12:20PM
OK well I will try both and see which I prefer.

When I set other params, e.g BEC voltage, the Store menu item becomes enabled and I select that (I guess) to store the values in the ESC. Thing is it always shows zero after I power up the ESC again. Does it not load back the current values?Actually I'm not sure it's changing the BEC voltage at all because I tried 6V just for test purposes but it still shows about 8V in the current values. I had previously set it to 8V using the YGE PC software.

Also when I power up the ESC VControl shows me the list of batteries for a brief moment but it disappears before I have a chance to select any of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 12:22PM by mahbouni.
RV
December 02, 2017 12:42PM
It loads back for sure - but need s some time. Maybe just open the panel a second time or later ...

Battery - then you have something like Battery ID or Fixbattery App installed, set up and running. Maybe Fixbat ... have a look into this settings and diesable in the App selecting batteries for this model.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 02, 2017 04:56PM
OK, the battery issue was my bad and is resolved now.

The YGE settings I can't figure out. i waited a couple of minutes but still the BEC voltage is zero and the gov mode is not set. I think I will have to connect to the PC software to verify what I have.
RV
December 02, 2017 05:45PM
Which ESC with which Firmware is in use?

Rainer Vetter

December 02, 2017 07:01PM
YGE 35LVT. I will have to get back to you on the firmware. Will need to connect to PC to find out. Unfortunately I need to disassemble the helicopter a little bit to get access to the Neo area.
RV
December 02, 2017 07:56PM
But - isn't the firm displayed in VBC?

If not - i think it is a older one than required ...

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 07:56PM by RV.
December 02, 2017 08:40PM
Yes you are correct. I found the firmware version in VBC and it says 0.65536. However, the YGE PC software says it's 1.03232.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 08:50PM by mahbouni.
RV
December 02, 2017 09:22PM
http://www.vstabi.info/en/yge

It is needed to be updated !!
But as the required versions are pending for public update - contact YGE ;-)

Rainer Vetter

December 02, 2017 09:49PM
OK thanks for finding the problem for me. I will email Heino
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login