Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kosmik Tel-ME Question

Posted by dyecocker1 
Kosmik Tel-ME Question
February 08, 2017 10:16PM
I have just bought the Tel-Me module to run with my Vcontrol. Can the motor rpm be translated into a headspeed reading or do I need to leave my phase sensor on?
Re: Kosmik Tel-ME Question
February 08, 2017 10:20PM
It will show the headspeed.

Stephan
February 09, 2017 01:19AM
Thank you for the quick response, I will remove the phase sensor thenspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 09, 2017 02:32AM
One more thing, is there an extension available for the Tel-Me module? My NEO is not close enough to the Kosmik
February 09, 2017 08:00AM
Hi,

I'm afraid none that I know of. If required, I would use a spektrum satellite wire or VBC telemetry wire and extend the 3-leaded-wire, with insulated soldering joints. In this case I would also think about using an additional toroid core on the extended wire, though.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 09, 2017 01:24PM
Thank you, I need about 4"
February 09, 2017 01:56PM
Hi again,

so a 15 cm / 5.9" wire (our item no. 05006 or a spare Spektrum sat wire) would do, leaving some room for a toroid core or for shortening it to like 4" ... I think 4" more would not really matter yet.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 20, 2017 02:00AM
I have extended the wire with a spektrum sat wire, connected the unit and get no activity on the Vcontrol screen other than normal. What am I doing wrong? How can you tell the unit is actually functioning?
RV
February 20, 2017 06:15AM
Was the NEO previously used with Spektrum sats? - If yes, set it back to VBC in PC Software (otherwise ports are blocked).
Is there another telemetry item like Battery ID at the same port?
Which ESC is it? Is it Updated?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 20, 2017 01:27PM
I do not believe this was ever used with Sats, but I will try that. I had a current sensor installed previously, but not any more. It is a Kosmik with the newest version as well as the updated Vcontrol and NEO. Just to be clear I need the "Kontronik ESC Support" app loaded for this? Nothing else?
February 20, 2017 01:51PM
Hi,

from our side, you only need TelMe and the App. The Kontronik ESC needs to have the current firmware according to K Support, then it will connect automatically. So you should be good to go with the newest version Kosmik.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 23, 2017 03:13AM
I finally was able to make the K come up on my screen and the data is streaming. I had made a mistake and installed the wrong version on the Kosmik. Now when I connect the battery I get a Failure to initialize and this log. How do I fix this?

RV
February 23, 2017 06:00AM
OK - this doesn't look nice.

Did you calibrate the rescue sensor orientation?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 23, 2017 01:19PM
I did not re calibrate since doing any of this work, perhaps I will try to a completely new model setup and redo all of the settings. The rescue did work correctly before this though.
February 24, 2017 02:53AM
Ok, so next time I plugged in the battery the unit initialized fine. I calibrated the rescue position and it does the same thing about 50% of the time. Also I ran across a setting under the rescue for precision or standard. When I switch to standard the heli initializes fine. I do not wish to keep it this way. Anyone know what could have happened?
RV
February 24, 2017 05:46AM
Well - there is something going wrong with the IMU sensors for rescue. So the NEO should be sent in - please don't fly ist with this error prompt in rescue mode.

Go to your devices list on vstabi-info (log in needed) and click on the service symbol at this device to start a service request.

Rainer Vetter

February 24, 2017 08:16PM
Will do, thank you
February 25, 2017 03:50PM
I have seen two other people with NEOs that failed to initialise. When they uninstalled rescue their NEOs initialise okay.

There is apparently some posts on HeliFreak where people are having similar problems.
RV
February 25, 2017 06:02PM
Don't mess it up, Andy.

we want to see the reasons - so the event log says it.

They should claim here - so we can answer correctly in each seperate case.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 06:03PM by RV.
February 27, 2017 08:40AM
Hi Andy,

there are different reasons, as Rainer states, and different log file entries.

Sure thing, if you take away Rescue (say switch to Pro or Express), the issue goes away, too: we simply do not take the Rescue sensors (IMU and the other one) into account for initialization, if Rescue is not enabled.

One issue is the vibration issue which can be remedied by using Standard initialization instead of Precision initialization—if everything else is OK, the VBar will initialzie properly (single–Precision or triple—Standard pitch twitch) then can can safely be used.

One other issue is what you experience, and we should check that at our service shop. If the init (with Rescue) fails (multiple pitch twitch, log file entries like you have them), operation (Rescue) is _not_ safe.

If people have issues, they should come here or contact us directly, on public forums it's more like at the cracker barrel, hearsay, similar experiences, but mostly no in-depth support, or in-depth support goes under in the chit-chat grinning smiley

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 27, 2017 09:04PM
Just to confirm I am sending this to:
GMIKADO Model Helicopters GmbH
Graf-von-Schwerin-Str. 40
14469 Potsdam
Germany

The RMA email was rather vague.
RV
February 27, 2017 10:01PM
There should be a pdf as attachement in the mail - wasn't it?

Rainer Vetter

Attachments:
open | download - shipping_mikado_potsdam.pdf (58.8 KB)
February 27, 2017 11:28PM
Thank you, that form was not attached to my email with the RMA information.
RV
February 28, 2017 06:37AM
Well - did you get the "Parts Request" mail or ONLY the confirmation for your input?

Please - reading the confirmation mail - there is stated that someone will contact you as next step.
In this second mail it should be attached if we would like to get the device in service.

Do NOT send in any parts w/o request from our side.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2017 06:38AM by RV.
February 28, 2017 08:45AM
Hi Dan,

your service request was sent outside our business hours (time zones ...). Since we want to check every case if it can not be resolved without sending the device in, we manually send the parts-request e-mail with shipping information, which I have just done.

The address would be right, but especially when sending in from outside the E.U. it's important to follow a couple of particular instructions regarding declaration for customs, else your shipment will be held up in customs here and cause extra costs of like 30 EUR for processing it ... so waiting for the confirmation is always good smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 28, 2017 02:14PM
I realized what happened now, the first was just a confirmation. Thanks for the clarificationspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
RV
February 28, 2017 02:48PM
smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

March 02, 2017 11:58PM
OK so I had recently purchased 2 more NEO units and before I sent this one in I wanted to test to see if I got the same result.
2 known working NEOS both get the same error when I am using the Tel-ME and Rescue. As soon as I disconnect the Tel-ME it initializes normal. The unit is not faulty. Something in the software is not correct, or I have a bad Tel-ME.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2017 11:59PM by dyecocker1.
RV
March 03, 2017 05:52AM
If it would be the software in general - we would have more customers claiming (at least all).
I have a TelMe on a model here too - and it works with Rescue.

Have these NEO's been configured for spektrum sats before? (ports expect sat signals if not set back to VBC in PC Software)

Is it only one or all telMes modules you have?

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2017 05:52AM by RV.
March 03, 2017 12:45PM
All the Neos are Vlink. They have not been used with satellites. I only have one Tel-Me to test at the moment. It is funny that the Tel-Me unit functions correctly but is throwing an error.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login