Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flight time reset on vstabi cloud?

Posted by lykarok 
Flight time reset on vstabi cloud?
September 23, 2021 06:24PM
At some point does your amount of flights and flight time get reset on the VBCT cloud? I am certain I had over 200 flights and more than 20 hours of flight time logged. Does it reset at some point? Now I am only showing 5 hours of logged flight time on one of my neos
RV
Re: Flight time reset on vstabi cloud?
September 23, 2021 10:21PM
No it does not - it just sums up at the time you display it.

But - we run a automatic cleanup at the cloud from time to time which deletes log entries in the database where the corresponding files in the file system are missing and vice versa. We also delete flights with no time in the database older than a year.

So - the question is - is there one of the "Missing" flights still on the VBCt for a check?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 04, 2021 09:52PM
I can't say for certain. I have not been checking the cloud very frequently. I do know for certain however that the last time I checked my flight time was back in May at which point I had 5 hours of flight time on both of my sab 580 nitros. Since then I have gone through 10 cases of fuel. Currently those two helicopters only have five and six hours of flight time, so it definitely does not add up. However, I have no hard evidence to prove that they were not logging correctly
October 04, 2021 09:58PM
I think I may have found the problem. Do I need to be connected to Wi-Fi and the model at the same time for the flight data to upload to the cloud? It looks like the last time a flight was uploaded was back in june. I fly almost every day
October 05, 2021 08:54AM
Hi,

the radio will store all logs in it's internal storage until the radio is back online.
It will only transfer data when _no_ model is connected, at that time.

So could very well be that it has lots of logs to transfer, now smiling smiley

If it doesn't, you could connect to a computer, and remove the Archive flag from all files and folders, to force the radio to write out data again.
But it could also be that special characters selected for naming items cause troubles, so if you were using catastrophes (apostrophes, actually) or other no-standard characters ...
If in doubt, please send the serial no. of your radio to vstabi (at) mikado-heli (dot) de and refer to this thread, so my colleague can check if there are any clots in the database.

By the way, I would leave WiFi and Cloud Service enabled all the time, so whenever I'm at home (and the radio is on, no model connected), it can write out what it has collected so far.
These features cost only a low 1 digit percentage of battery, so I wouldn't mess with it, and enjoy the comfort.
Messing with it maybe even costs more battery, more screen time of waiting for it to turn on, do it's thing, turn off again—and the screen is the biggest consumer, not WiFi.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 05, 2021 04:52PM
Okay, good to know eddie. I had turned Wi-Fi off to try to conserve battery but it makes sense what you're saying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login