Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

piro behavior problem

Posted by Anonymer Benutzer 
Anonymer Benutzer
piro behavior problem
March 24, 2013 03:05PM
Hello all,

I need help to understand how I must optimise my tail setting, because I have a probleme of tail behavior on my logo 600 3D.
For exemple, when I make a looping with piro ( glob figure), the piro seem to block at each round.
The piro rate is not constant, but no problem of wag.

My setup is :
Logo 600 3D (stock)
Quickuk tail grip with Edge 95mm
Edge FBL 623mm
10S 4000 lipo
Pyro 700 52 with 13T
Kontronik POWER JIVE 120 HV+
Vbar bluline 5.2pro
Cyclic servo : MKS DS760
Tail servo : MKS DS670
Radio : Futaba T8FG

I join my vbar preset, and last log.

Attachments:
open | download - gegepilote_logo6003D_20130324.vbr (5.5 KB)
open | download - log.pdf (334.4 KB)
RV
Re: piro behavior problem
March 24, 2013 03:25PM
Which Headspeed do you have?

Can you post 2 pictures of the tail rotor in the end positions?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Anonymer Benutzer
March 24, 2013 03:35PM
Hello RV smiling smiley
Thanks for your help.

I attached some picture as you ask me

Anonymer Benutzer
March 24, 2013 03:36PM
Concerning my head speed, I have 2150rpm on IDLE
Anonymer Benutzer
March 24, 2013 03:45PM
I note that this problem is only during the descent of this figue... when I have the collective stick at center (0°)
During the climb, I don't see this phenomen.

This problem appear too, when I do a rapid lateral translation with piro
March 24, 2013 04:32PM
Hi.

What kind of tail rotor is this?

Do you notice that the tail blades have very different angles of attack, and one direction is way too much, the blades are stalling, the other direction is barely enough?

Do you get more symmetric throws if you change to trailing edge control? Don't forget to check directions and change software setup accordingly.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2013 04:33PM by Eddi E. aus G..
Anonymer Benutzer
March 24, 2013 06:18PM
I juste made new picture for the 3 positions of the rudder stick (center, left and right).

I use the QuickUK upgrade for the tail blade grip.

I precise that I have this problem with the rudder stick at left. At right I don't know because I don't know make piro in this direction winking smiley

My QuickUK tail gripp is assemble in the good position as discribe in the notice.

I put the same limit at right and left... the maximum as it possible

March 24, 2013 06:39PM
So, center position gives you approx. as much deflection to the right as full left, and full right gives 45° which is nearly double the deflection you need for the tail blades to stall ...

Direction left seems not to be enough, direction right is way too much.

There is no parameter that can overcome this geometry ... you can decrease the right limit but that won't help with your problem.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2013 06:40PM by Eddi E. aus G..
RV
March 24, 2013 07:43PM
Aerodynamical throw against all physics on one side ;-( - thats what i expected with your tail optimizer value in the setup (and why i want to see the images) ;-(

Have a look at my Logo 500 SE (stock) here:

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/842#tail

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Anonymer Benutzer
March 24, 2013 08:53PM
Ok.
So, if I understand , I must reduce the limit for the right side ? but if I do this, and if I put the same limit value for each side, I will have near nothing for the incidence at the left side ???

My tail servo arm is exactly at 90° (I check again this few minutes ago) . The tail lever arm is at 90° to the tail boom. But I haven't got 2 or 3° tail thrust against the torque in this position... but I have 8 or 9°.

What is the solution for me ? can I have different limit values for the tail ? for exemple 90 at right and 120 at left , instead of 102 /102 ?
Anonymer Benutzer
March 26, 2013 07:55PM
hello all.
So, I ordered the stock tail gripp and the stock tail slider.
Now, I have good neutral angle with servo arm and lever arm at 90°. I have 3,5° thumbs up
My limit under the vbar tail setup is 100 / 100
I made some picture with this values

My last question is, can you give me your point of view of my tail edge angle at left and right limit ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Anonymer Benutzer
March 26, 2013 07:59PM
Additional, I made some measurement between the stock tail and the QuickUK tail uprgrade.
There is some deviation concerning the design...

March 26, 2013 08:07PM
Hi.

The angles look more familiar, to the right is maybe a tad too much. If you experience a soft stop (with a 'whoosh' kind of sound), or if you experience the issue you have described earlier, tail rate not constant, try and DEcrease the limits by say 5 or 10 points at a time.

I have reports from customers that not only the geometry of the upgrade tail is worse, but they also have no means of absorbing vibration, so the ball bearings inside wear much faster, and even slight vibration affects the gyro.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Anonymer Benutzer
March 26, 2013 08:16PM
Ok, thanks. I will adjust my limits at the field...

Many thanks again.

Best regards.
Gégé
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login