Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MiniV Governor questions...

Posted by Razmo 
MiniV Governor questions...
March 20, 2013 02:32AM
Hi Guys,

I've just come to understanding the MiniV offers a governor for electric power. I've just watched Mr. Mels video regarding the need to split the phase sensor wires for power. A few questions..

1) Can I not power the MiniV at 6 volts when using a phase sensor? If not, what is needed for operation at 6 volts?

2) What are the advantages of using the MiniV governor versus that of a quality ESC governor?

3) Is the MiniV Governor capable of preventing head speed decay through an entire flight? Meaning if I've geared my helictoper for 2,500 RPMS with a flat throttle curve at roughly 85% will my headspeed be 2,500 RPMS at the end of the flight?

Thanks,
Raz
Re: MiniV Governor questions...
March 23, 2013 06:49AM
Any help here would be apprecited..

Thanks,
Raz
RV
March 23, 2013 10:31AM
Quote:
1) Can I not power the MiniV at 6 volts when using a phase sensor? If not, what is needed for operation at 6 volts?

2) What are the advantages of using the MiniV governor versus that of a quality ESC governor?

3) Is the MiniV Governor capable of preventing head speed decay through an entire flight? Meaning if I've geared my helictoper for 2,500 RPMS with a flat throttle curve at roughly 85% will my headspeed be 2,500 RPMS at the end of the flight?

Sorry for delay, i marked this thread as read but didn't answer ;-(

1 - yes, up to 8,4v no Problem for the MINI - BUT the Phase sensor Signal at the upper pin RXA (Comes out of the Phase sensor, goes into VBar) should not exceed 5V - So it is the Phase sensors task to take care here.

Using a YGE ESC with integrated Phase sensor it is a digital Signal below 5V in any case. Using a Scorpion w/o opto module - same too. Using a scorpion with opto module (12cells) - it will have RC voltage - the same as with most external phase sensors. In this case it is needed to use a voltage divider on the Signal wire:

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1306

2 - as we have feed forwarding - we know every flight Situation and stick moves - we are not controlling the RPM "blind" like a external one which can only react after it notices a difference between preset and current headspeed. This has some Limits as the ESC won't know whta may happen next.

Using VBar Gov we can give some forwards depending on the pilots action to prevent from loosing power.

You can compare it like this 2 situations in a car:

The one car has no windscreen, the driver has only a speed indicator and tries to drive with the same speed through some hills and valleys (pitch load on heli) with the same speed (RPM). It will be hard work and needs lots of tolerance to keep the speed at the same value ...

The other driver had a windscreen, hee can see the hills and valleys and so give more / less throttle in advance to keep the speed as he wants.

3 - The gov can give full throttle on the ESC. It will do if needed. So, yes it can - but only if your batteries have enough power of course. Otherwise the headspeed drops down as usual.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 23, 2013 09:10PM
Hi Rainer,

Thanks for this.

Regarding voltage, I had intended to use the hyperion phase sensor. I also intended to power the vBar at 6v given my servos are rated up to 6v. To do this, are you saying I need to use a voltage divider?

Regarding governor capability, at this point, assuming the battery is quality and hasn't been discharged beyond 80% of its milliamp hour rating. To confirm, are you telling me the MiniV Gov will prevent headspeed decay. Again, if I started with 2,500 RPMs will I have 2,500 rpms 7 minutes or so later?

Thanks,
Nick
RV
March 23, 2013 09:29PM
Quote:
To do this, are you saying I need to use a voltage divider?

Yes.

Quote:
To confirm, are you telling me the MiniV Gov will prevent headspeed decay. Again, if I started with 2,500 RPMs will I have 2,500 rpms 7 minutes or so later

Yes too. The Gov wants to achieve the RPM set by the pilot - always, every time.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login