Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Behind the Scenes of Vbar Control/Touch

Posted by ulrich 
Behind the Scenes of Vbar Control/Touch
April 26, 2020 09:01PM
We are happy to announce the next Episode of VTV. This time we target our friends at englishspeakting overseas regions, so we choose a time where its best for you in US and Canada. We will show you the insides of our VBar Control, Hard and Softwarewise. Please do not hesitate to ask questions about the topics we show:

https://www.vstabi.info/de/node/2313

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2020 09:24PM by ulrich.
Re: Behind the Scenes of Vbar Control/Touch
April 27, 2020 07:46AM
Good Morning VBar Team,
Thank you for this opportunity.I am looking forward to this.
Regards
Pierre
April 27, 2020 12:06PM
Hi Team,

Can you please confirm, the time of the live stream is 01:00UTC?
It would give us in Australia a chance to catch it as well.

Thanks
April 27, 2020 12:41PM
Yes, see the link above. Note that it is a day later, so UTC is on 1:00 thursday. If i am right, it shall be 9:00 to 11:00 in the morning depending on your zone. Tune in!

so long ... Uli
April 27, 2020 01:23PM
Hi all,

in case you can not make it on time, it will be available for later watching a day or two later.
Same content, but just without the ability to interact, ask your Q's.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 27, 2020 02:57PM
Thank you for presenting this episode in English. I am really looking forward to it and plan to watch live.
April 28, 2020 06:04AM
Thanks for this Vstabi team.

Have a few questions and will list them.

1. Nitro governor setup including on how to set a poti or wheel for IDLE
2. Explain the FLIGHT PARAMETERS more in depth
3. Vplane setup with thrust vectoring

Thanks
Peter

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
RV
April 28, 2020 06:15AM
1 - VBC or VBCt? NEO or Old Vbar? (I think we talk about VBCt and NEO only).
2 - please more detailed, which ones exactly?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 28, 2020 06:13PM
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1 - VBC or VBCt? NEO or Old Vbar? (I think we talk
> about VBCt and NEO only).
VBCt and Neo especially the idle setup and MOTOR switch including setting a poti/wheel for idle.

> 2 - please more detailed, which ones exactly?
All the functions that the FLIGHT PARAMETERS menu can be used for.

Regards Peter

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
April 29, 2020 06:54PM
Hello all,

as we are planning to do a live Demo tonight - please keep your VBCt and a helicopter model handy if you want to check my work ;-)

Btw ... the App is there but not functional ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

April 29, 2020 10:17PM
We have a Last Minute Guest: Kyle Dahl is with us tonight!

Dont miss it!

Put our questions here below! Kyle will give us some storys around our Radio and its Technology.

so long ... Uli
April 30, 2020 02:48AM
Hallo Zusammen,

how should one thing about the numbers on the gov expert menu? is the basic throttle plus collective add plus dynamic equal to ESC PWM?

If not, what are the useful ranges for basic throttle when setting up the vbar electric gov?

Thanks!
April 30, 2020 02:57AM
Good Morning from South Africa. You started early smiling smiley
April 30, 2020 03:09AM
Hallo,

regarding the switch to be used for rescue, it says on the manual it should be a spring loaded switch.

In the past, I always used it being activated towards the spring, but it takes longer time to activate while flying. Can it be safely utilized activating rescue towards the non-spring side? I hope this is clear, thanks!!!
April 30, 2020 03:11AM
is the anti-gravity feature in v6.4 going to work for heavy larger helis such as the Logo 700 XXTtreme?!

Thanks!
April 30, 2020 03:11AM
Morning started earlythumbs down It is EARLY int the morning here in South Africa....

Thanks Rainer was in time for the nitro question.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2020 03:19AM by Vinger.
April 30, 2020 03:12AM
Hi,

Are there any plans on replacing the USB2 port to a newer USB port (USB C) on the VCT?
April 30, 2020 03:23AM
Are there plans to be able to view and compare setups on the cloud? I would love to compare values between banks and review documentation of each setting at the same time.
April 30, 2020 03:27AM
How is soft start handled by the Neo if one is using Vbar governor on an electric helicopter?

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
April 30, 2020 03:31AM
Hi, staying up to watch your stream I'm in the UK it 2.30am.

Will you ever be making just basic voltage sensor lead.

In smaller models the Current/Voltage/Capacity Sensor Is to large, to fit in my 450. Or an smaller version.

Thanks it Very interesting.

Neil
April 30, 2020 03:33AM
I understand that it is possible to use a VBasic as a better simulator connection than VSim (VSim does not support the Rescue switch, for example).

Can you explain how to use a VBasic as a simulator wireless interface for VBC?

Thanks!!!
April 30, 2020 03:34AM
Thanks for explaining the softstart, on some setups using the Tribunus there is a kick when the Vbar govenor takes over, how does one eliminate it?

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
April 30, 2020 03:36AM
When looking at the logs, Why is the banks loaded before the motor switch is checked ? Is this because of priority in the un-secure / secured links ?
April 30, 2020 03:55AM
a Comment. VBar is mostly marketed as a Helicopter System. How is the plan to change the perception ?
April 30, 2020 03:56AM
Thank you guys, this was great. Yet another reason why I am happy that I made the switch to Mikado.
April 30, 2020 03:57AM
Thanks guys 04:00 here as well. Peter

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
April 30, 2020 03:58AM
Thank you. 04:00 here as well.
April 30, 2020 01:55PM
Flipper 76 Wrote:
> I understand that it is possible to use a VBasic
> as a better simulator connection than VSim (VSim
> does not support the Rescue switch, for example).
>
> Can you explain how to use a VBasic as a simulator
> wireless interface for VBC?
>
> Thanks!!!

Hi,

if you bind VBasic to your radio and set it to output e.g. SBus or PPM on AUX1, you can adjust all the channels in Macrocells, just use the E1... channels.

VSim itself can only output sticks, Motor and Bank switch, which is OK for normal training but not so much if you want to train using Rescue, obviously.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 30, 2020 01:58PM
voetloos Wrote:
> When looking at the logs, Why is the banks loaded
> before the motor switch is checked ? Is this
> because of priority in the un-secure / secured
> links ?

Hi,

not sure if that was answered, I kind of fell asleep at like 3:45 grinning smiley

At power up, the VBar logs the switch positions, but the order of the entries must not mean anything.
Also, right before reconnecting, the switch positions are still at center (output to servos and especially ESC still inhibited for safety), once the radio joins the show, the actual switch positions are logged.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 01, 2020 11:56AM
First of all, thank you for this wonderful transmitter/FBL combo. It's in my opinion the best product leap we've had in this hobby for years. Hats off to the Mikado V-Control/Neo team.

I noticed the stream and I was like: "I think I have a small list somewhere, with comments and questions I have, since I've started using my V-Control Touch/Neo's in August 2018. Maybe now is the perfect time to return it as feedback on the forums." So, here is it.

"Bugs"

- 1. Cloud flight page buttons wrongfully list as 1-30 / 30-60 / 60-90 / etc., when they're actually showing 1-30 / 31-60 / 61-90. Please change the text on the cloud flight page buttons to reflect 1-30 / 31-60 / 61-90 / etc. properly.

- 2. Reporting for storage and flight aging is swapped in the cloud: When storage aging is set for a battery (for instance 5), but flight aging is off (0), it shows it in the cloud as flight aging (5), instead of store aging (shows as 0).

- 3. Can't take screenshot of battery view list using triple finger touch (switch works).

- 4. Many English typo and grammar errors in the help menus. Could use a review of all text.

Requests

- 5. Please add a cloud filter for time window/periods, so there's the possibility to filter shown logs for a certain time period, like for instance checking how much I flew a certain model or lipo in a year, or a span of months.

- 6. To manually update lipo capacity after analyzing lipos at the beginning of the season, at the moment, I have to connect a LiPo multiple times, to edit all batteries.
Please add the ability to update lipo details without a model connected, by either the V-Control UI, or an accessible way to edit the status files in the battery dirs, by USB. At the moment I think it's stored in a hexadecimal file.

- 7. Modify parameters app, allow more (all?) flight characteristic parameters to be assigned/adjusted.

- 8. Add a confirmation dialog, when overwriting model configurations.

- 9. When the transmitter is turned on and auto wifi connect is off, the wifi button function on the main screen has no purpose, maybe let it function as a manual wifi turn-on option.

- 10. Add a delete flights option, to have the ability to delete specific logs, before they're uploaded to the cloud (for instance before wifi is enabled/available, but automatic upload is enabled). Less cleaning up to do in the cloud after the fact that way. I guess this function will have to remove a flight log directory (as saved in Unix time), as well as edit the battery log file on the storage.

- 11. No ability to delete screenshots from v-control through user interface? (have to use usb or let it cycle). Please add delete option, so we're able to delete screenshots, before they're uploaded to the cloud (if not connected to wifi). Less cleaning up to do in the cloud after the fact that way.

- 12. Per model, optional filter on battery list? (Might be too confusing for most users.)

Once again, thanks for the wonderful products. Looking forward to a response here in the English thread, after having posted in the German thread before.

------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/kjoer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login