Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

VBar EVO over-the-air-update Pro 7.1.58 to 7.1.60 failing

geschrieben von cure 
VBar EVO over-the-air-update Pro 7.1.58 to 7.1.60 failing
21.01.2023 15:02:37
Hi,

I got a VControl EVO and three VBar EVOs last week.

I've updated all three VBar EVOs from 7.1.19 to 7.1.58 Pro, using USB and the VBar Control Manager Windows software. All was fine. Installed the VBars into my helis and configured them. Flew two helis.

Today, I noticed there were (new) updates available for the VBar EVOs, so I attempted an over-the-air-update using the VControl EVO, using the VBar NEO/EVO Firmware Updater App.

Updating progress went as expected, but when it completed, the VBar EVO just appeared to turn off. This was unexpected behavior. With the old Neo hardware, I was used to it just rebooting at this point.

I did cycle ESC/BEC power after a while, then the VBar EVO was in some mode with blinking blue/white light. It did not do anything else, nor could I (re)bind to it.

So I removed the EVO partially from the heli for USB port access, then managed to use the VBar Control Manager Windows software to update it (again), to 7.1.60. Luckily it wasn't bricked and this worked.

I've not tried to update my other two VBar EVOs using over-the-air yet, wondering if this a new or known issue on your end. Will this mean all VBar EVOs using 7.1.58 will have to be updated using USB (once), before over-the-air updates will work in the near future? Or is the VControl app causing it somehow?

Removing the VBars from my helis for USB port access is a tedious job, so I'd like to know when it's safe to using over-the-air updates again.

------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/kjoer

6 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.01.2023 15:12 von cure.
RV
Re: VBar EVO over-the-air-update Pro 7.1.58 to 7.1.60 failing
21.01.2023 16:55:12
I am sorry - there was a issue with the code part for the OTA update. We have seen this 3 days ago from now for first time. So - it is fixed but requires sometimes a one-time-usb update as you did now.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
23.01.2023 21:01:21
Noticed there was another update (7.1.62), updated all three EVO VBars, results:

Pro 7.1.60 to 7.1.62 OTA update --> succeeded
Pro 7.1.58 to 7.1.62 OTA update --> succeeded (2x)

All good. Thanks.

23.01.2023 21:42:21
Yes, these updates fixed a small issue with the nitro governor status display. No other changes.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
25.02.2023 19:45:24
So, I attempted to update three EVOs, all from 7.1.62 to 7.1.64, using OTA today.

Two succeeded using OTA. One did not.

The last EVO appeared to have succeeded, but the transmitter failed to connect to it, as the EVO's LED was still in some blinking state. Power cycled, nothing, transmitter still would not connect.

Connected the VBar EVO to my PC using USB/VBar Control Manager. It said that all was ok and the firmware was 7.1.64 Pro (the software did _not_ update it upon connection).

However, the transmitter (still) would not connect. (Re)binding was not possible either.

Connected the VBar EVO to VBar Control Manager again, hit Applications, loaded express on the webpage. Power cycled it, the software downgraded it to 7.1.24 Express using USB and the transmitter immediately connected to it.

Hit applications, loaded Pro, power cycled it and it updated to 7.1.64 Pro using USB. Connected to my transmitter again.

Reloaded the heli settings from a setup file to ensure correct settings.

Just so you know, OTA is still not flawless all the time apparently, possibly considering the validation process of a performed update.

VBar Device found at Path: G:\
VBar Device connected Serial: 27000xxx
Version: 7.1.64
vbar_pro_VL2 -- VBar Pro EVO VLink - is current
VBar Device disconnected.
vbar_pro_VL2 -- VBar Pro EVO VLink - is current
Updating:  (Firmware Pl:24)   updating...
Updating  (Firmware)  OK
Version: 7.1.24
Updating:  (Firmware Pl:64)   updating...
Updating  (Firmware)  OK

3 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 26.02.2023 17:15 von cure.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login