Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Vbar neo with futaba rpm sensor FUTM1101

geschrieben von 08rangerdan 
Vbar neo with futaba rpm sensor FUTM1101
13.12.2020 02:24:29
I have just ordered a futaba rpm sensor part number FUTM1101. I plan on using this for a gasser conversion, I'm told after my purchase this sensor won't work. Is it a voltage problem? Or what could it be? I thought all magnetic sensors work for the neo.
Sky
Re: Vbar neo with futaba rpm sensor FUTM1101
13.12.2020 12:20:52
Hi,

i use this futaba rpm sensor too. No problem with nitros heli. Works perfect.
13.12.2020 14:06:02
Great to hear, im really hoping it works! This particular sensor has a real convenient mount for my application. Is yours directly installed to the neo? With no voltage regulator? I'm so confused with what I've been reading on vstabi and other forums. Some cases you need to raise the voltage and other scenarios you may need to lower output voltage to make these sensors work. From what I can tell the old silverline seems to be too low in voltage at the port and the neo outputs at a higher voltage that some sensors cant handle. I can't find any source of what these sensors actually require for power.
Sky
13.12.2020 14:22:14
I fly since Silverline directly on 2s LiPo.
Never any issue.

In the manual: Sensor Operating voltage range: DC 3.8V~6.0V

Page47:
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/gv-1-manual.pdf

Operating voltage range: DC 3.5V~8.4V

Page92:
https://futabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/cgy760r-S.pdf

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.12.2020 14:56 von Sky.
RV
13.12.2020 19:31:57
The old VBars provide 5V at the sensor socket.

The NEO provides RC power.

So - to be safe at 2s use a simpel voltage regulator in betweeen:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1776

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
13.12.2020 20:54:13
I plan on running a 2 cell LiFe battery with this build, should be under 7 volts. But I do have a few cheap Chinese UBEC regulators. I could put a UBEC between the sensor and neo. Could give me a constant 5 volt or 6 volts switched if that is advisable.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.12.2020 20:55 von 08rangerdan.
Sky
13.12.2020 21:03:26
Hi,

it is not necessary to use a voltage regulator! Because that Sensor is ready until 8.4V!
14.12.2020 21:21:02
I can see the govenors in the manual run at 8.4 volts. But do the futaba govenors output full voltage at the sensor port? I can't see in the manual where it talks about voltage at the output for the sensor alone. It just gives operating voltage input of the device. Unless I missed something. I'd rather not run the UBEC, but really don't want to risk something possibly happening.
Sky
14.12.2020 21:34:46
Trust me. It works unregulated.
15.12.2020 03:41:08
I will take your word for it and I will give it a go.
22.01.2021 02:27:47
I have just finished setting up my sensor to the engine and have just attempted to see if the magnet is seen on the v control. When I turn the motor over by hand, slowly. I see the green indicator box light up, Fairly regularly. I can't say it is 100% consistent on the display. If the motor is spun a hair too quickly by hand it seems to miss showing the indicator light on the transmitter. Is this normal? I'm thinking it takes a second to send the signal to the transmitter and if spun fast enough the magnets skip past each other before the indicator shows on screen. If I park the mag over the sensor it stays lit no problem.
22.01.2021 09:46:15
Hi,

this virtual LED is just means to see if the sensor detects the magnet, and it only changes status at each pass (or not ...).
It's not real-time after all, so it can miss a pass, or if the clutch bell or gear with the magnet(s) rotate quickly, it can flicker, stay on, stay off.

If you get a status change here, all well, sensor is detecting the magnet (or rather, VBar gets a pulse from the sensor).

Then, you will also see rpm on the display, and can use the governor.
The actual RPM input used for governing is real-time.

Check the log for possible sensor error entries.

Kind regards

Eddi

Edited for typos.

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 25.01.2021 09:59 von Eddi E. aus G..
25.01.2021 03:32:17
Understood, thank you for the verification!
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login