Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to activate audible beep at center collective?

Posted by Razmo 
How to activate audible beep at center collective?
April 03, 2024 11:00PM
Hey Guys,

How do I activate the center collective beep function?

Thanks,
Raz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2024 12:17AM by Razmo.
RV
Re: How to activate audible beep at center collective?
April 04, 2024 06:18AM
There is a seperate "Stickclick" App in the App Store.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 04, 2024 03:23PM
Hey Rainer,

Is this somehow only activated per Vbar? I have the "PitchClick" App active in my VControl.

Raz
RV
April 04, 2024 05:32PM
You need to connect a VBar of course. Then you will find it at "Application" in the menue.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

April 04, 2024 07:47PM
Thank You. A couple questions..

1) What is the difference between AR/Off Only and Always On?

2) Can I change the sound of the beep? My VControl EVO speaker has never emitted a clear sound at high volume. I'm thinking my unit was shipped with a faulty speaker. My friends VControl, emits a much clearer sound than mine for whatever reason.

Raz
RV
April 04, 2024 10:57PM
1:
- off ... self explaining ...
- AR only = beep only in AR position of motor switch
- always on = self explaining ...

2 - nope, the sound can't be changed.

In case of a probably speaker issue you can file a RMA by clicking on the service button at this device in your list here. Edward will check then with you.

Rainer Vetter

April 04, 2024 11:22PM
Rainer,

AR position of motor switch? What does AR stand for?

It would be nice to have sound options of course.

I'm in the states, file a return where? Can the speaker not be replaced easily?

Raz
April 05, 2024 09:06AM
Hi,

AR (autorotation) can be identified with Motor Idle.

To start, please create a service ticket here vstabi.info/devices (My Devices), and I can have a look.

Most transmitters from that time have actually been reworked, and since 2023-03-16 already, all new transmitters were already equipped with the new speaker.

Still, it can be necessary to re-do the programming (I can enable an App if necessary), or it can be necessary to check the speaker proper: for instance, only last week I had a radio here which sounded as if the speaker was clipping somehow—in the end, there was a tiny sphere of solder which had somehow found it's way inside, probably through the apertures on the front, and which was sitting/sticking on the membrane, resonating happily with certain frequencies.

The replacement is not overly difficult. But recently we had to learn (again ...) that disassembling and reassembling the transmitter seems not to be for everyone. You wouldn't believe how many damaged radios went across my table, because of a certain 'trendy' modification ...
There are always safety concerns ...

Lastly, the volume can be seen as the master gain, on an amplifier: depending on the sound (voice theme etc.), you can run a certain level, which must not necessarily be 100 % ... there's still some headroom.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 05, 2024 08:47PM
Hi Eddie,

Appreciate this. Do you mean you'll be able to make programing changes remotely after I submit a service ticket?

Also, if necessary. I'm plenty comfortable opening the transmitter if needed. Even replacing the speaker if it isn't too complicated.

With regard to the speaker, below 80% it sounds somewhat normal, but still a crackles some. Greater than 80% and it sounds terrible.

Thanks,
Raz
April 08, 2024 09:44AM
Hi Raz,

I can enable an App for you with which you can select the built-in speaker-type. This re-programs the audio subsystem somewhat, then it self-deletes.
Click and forget.

This would just be to ensure the proper settings are set, it can also be used a couple of times to check what setting sounds better to you.

For a test, if you haven't already done so, select the other voice (male/female), and there'll very likely be a difference in the maximum volume (gain) you can run. There's also a difference between the Englich and the German voices.
But it's of course also important that alerts are not already distorted.
It's somehow like adjusting tail gain ... you can only do so much until it starts to oscillate, then you have to back off a bit smiling smiley

But of course there's always the chance that there's some foreign particle inside, or even in the tiny gap between the speaker elements themselves.

Also, if a wire was touching the membrane inside, or if the speaker itself was somehow not bolted tightly, this could be a cause for distorted sound.

But one step after the other smiling smiley

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 18, 2024 09:01PM
Hi Eddi,

Thought I'd send a video for reference. Please let me know..

https://youtu.be/Cltyntgpkwg

Thanks,
Raz
April 19, 2024 09:43AM
Hi Raz,

this doesn't sound really odd to me, to be honest.

For once, it's not HiFi smiling smiley and then, the outputs must be clearly audible and discernible even with extraneous noise, which works quite well when it's more accentuated, maybe on the verge of being crackly (like, air controller radio, police radio).

Then, as being said, the different voices have different characteristics, so the maximum volume (gain) for one can be different than for the other.

I tried your settings here with my transmitter, and for instance, I can adjust a higher volume (gain) for the English Speaking (male) voice, than for Susan.
With Susan, it's pretty much similar to what I hear in your video.

So the challenge smiling smiley is, find the right ratios (in (Adjustment), your personal mixer console ^^) in a way so Click, System, Announces, Warnings sound good (maybe on the verge of being crackly, or slightly below), then use the General Volume to adjust during use, or the Home Zone App, or even assign a potentiometer in (Adjustment).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 19, 2024 02:29PM
Hi Eddi,

Well, I suppose my disappointment stems from comparing the sound output from a friends EVO to mine. Their speaker did not emit the distorted sound mine does at the same settings. Their sound remained clear. Do you mean, although I have a problem with my transmitter, it can be alleviated with adjustment but not extirpated without repair?

What would the Home Zone App provide? It emits distortion while at the field and at home. Also, did you mean I also have the option of assigning the general volume to a rotary knob to make it easier to alleviate distortion while at the field? A knob I would likely also need to be adjusting and readjusting? Not sure I like this idea.

Thanks,
Raz
April 19, 2024 02:53PM
Hi again,

for better advice, I'd need to know which is which. For example, if there are still EVO around with the original speaker, or if the proper setting is chosen (we didn't try changing it back and forth, yet), and if the respective speaker is maybe indeed inferior, or has foreign particles inside.

All things which can hardly be clarified from remote

Direct comparision is a thing, and if I knew both serial no.s, I could maybe tell more.
And we can try changing the speaker type setting via software, see if it makes a noticeable difference for the better, or not.

The home zone app detects when you are on your home WiFi, and automatically changes settings like the volume, to increase the WAF for example smiling smiley

Then, there was the repeated request to allow changing the overall volume using a knob on the radio. You can assign and use one, but you can also leave it as it is. Choice.

Lastly, I can not tell if a repair would make a difference, because if we can only replace same with same, ...

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 19, 2024 04:08PM
Hi Eddi,

The EVO I compared mine with was a from recent purchase, September or October of last year. Mine is from the first shipment that made it to the states. I could likely procure the serial number from my friend if you think that might help.

In way of speaker replacement, if the actual speaker itself is the problem. What would be needed on my part to replace the speaker myself?
April 19, 2024 06:06PM
Hi Raz,

if I set the genral volume to 100% like you, then all sounds sound similarly bad. It sounds like the hi-fi system from the 80s when it's turned all the way up. 100% is simply too much.
That's why I have the general volume at 60% in the field.

Gruß Jürgen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2024 06:07PM by JMalberg.
April 19, 2024 09:47PM
Appreciate it GruB.

I'll throw a couple comparison videos together as I have a handful of friends with EVO's. I'll try a general volume of 60% for now, but I fly at a noisy field and louder alerts can be needed without distortion. It seems some may have either faulty programing or faulty speakers as I'm rather sure my original comparison proved mine sounded faulty with identical settings. My friends EVO emitted distortion free audio, but it's possible I missed a volume control somewhere on his. However, it may just be my personal opinion, but a quality transmitter should never emit distorted alerts as well as needing to be loud enough to hear in noisy environments.

Thanks,
Raz
April 22, 2024 03:11PM
Hi Raz,

let‘s start with your serial no.
Please e-mail to service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de
I can enable the App for the speaker type selection, you can try both (one at a time, then I need to enable it again), and decide which works better for you.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 22, 2024 09:39PM
Hi Eddie,

Appreciate it. I'll be back to you in a few weeks. Imminent travel, etc.

Raz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login