Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Macrocell

Posted by Medic 
Macrocell
March 13, 2024 08:43PM
I must admit, getting breathing problems when coming to macro cell setup????.
My goal is to assign one switch to control the retract servos. Meaning of those 3 positions on that switch, 2 of them are +100/-100 and the third is 0. The 3 servos are individually adjusted via one multi servo adjuster.
When opening macrocell setup, you have a lot of options. I want to use aux2 for this. Macrocell #7 is defined as “aux2” - good to go?
Then you need to choose channel (?) and input option1 (?) that is my switch #4 (here you have 200 options….)

Another question. I programmed a macrocell to control my heli lights - works great, but it is dedicated to another Heli. It is saved on tx. Can I load that setting to another Heli (duplicate it)?
RV
Re: Macrocell
March 13, 2024 10:06PM
So - if you only need a switch which gives the right signal w/o delay etc - i'd use a 3-Level.
Set up AUX2 as 3-Level, assign the used Switch in the list as input and assign a % Value for each of the 3 Switch positions.

If you would like some delay and/or a defined failsafe - we need to chain 2 cells. First add the config above to a cell w/o a aoutput (e.g. Cell 30). Then in AUX2 set up a channel cell, use cell 30 as input, set delay (5 or less) and failsafe positions.

Macrocells are stored in a file when saving them to the radio - there is a meneue entry. They can be loaded back into any model then of course.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 14, 2024 01:39PM
Thanks.
I was trying this, but unfortunately blew 2 servos due to too high power input. My fault ????.
I am using 3 low profile analog servos, max 6V input. 6 v I can manage, but is analog servos suitable for this use (controlled by the neo) ?

Do I set the endpoint in setup to +100 / - 100 ? That will not damage something?

Do I have to reset tx to have the programming to be active?

What function has failsafe in the programming and what value to use?
March 14, 2024 02:32PM
Hi,

well, there's power (so for 6 V servos, only use a 6 V power supply), and then there's analog servos.

VBar is designed consequently for use with digital servos. Means, the refresh rates are by default 144 Hz on the swash plate, and whatever you set at the tail. Analog servos usually use 50 Hz/70 Hz, Hertz, Hearts winking smiley and go into 'cardiac arrest' if driven with the high frequencies ... sudden death, often accompanied by smoke and olfactory inconvenience.

Still, analog servos can be used when operated through macrocells, where you can adjust the refresh rate.
But for quick functions like the swash plate and the tail, swash plate particularly if not supported by a vintage flybar, they are unsuitable anyway.

End points won't damage anything if the servo uses the non-standard standard in the r/c industry, and if it does not bind or block mechanically of course.

Reset TX, I don't understand? With VBar (any), there's usually no need to power-cycle anything, for changes to take effect. Only exception, when you bind Spektrum Sats with legacy VBars ... VBar NEO.

Failsafe, you can set an individual (servo) position (percentage) here, which shall be taken in case of a loss of radio control.
The value depends winking smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2024 03:36PM by Eddi E. aus G..
March 14, 2024 03:06PM
Thanks. I did set up macrocells for this retracts. Using a 3 level switch and a channel cell. Where do I change refresh rate?
RV
March 14, 2024 03:27PM
Macrocell outputs are running 72 hz defaultz which is not changeable.

The rate for tail and swash servos (swash with VBar EVO) can be changed in teh model setup on the VBCt/e (VBar EVO App needed for VBar EVO rates) .

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 14, 2024 03:37PM
Hi again,

I was on the wrong track, but just a bit, and not in an unsafe way for the topic:

Macrocells always use 72 Hz which is analog-friendly.
What you can change is the refresh rate for single line outputs via AUX 1, from 5...25 ms or 200 Hz...40 Hz.

Hmph, Rainer again grinning smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2024 03:38PM by Eddi E. aus G..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login