Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nitro Safe Switch no longer working?

Posted by Goody63 
Nitro Safe Switch no longer working?
February 25, 2024 10:04AM
Hi All
Have been running a Nitro 700 heli with a Neo and VBCt (original version) for some time without any issues.

I had the Safe Switch assigned (Switch 4) so that when it was activated it completely closed the throttle servo (and de activates throttle for the electric helis)

However for some reason, this week it seems to have randomly changed for no apparent reason (ie I hadn't changed any settings as far as I was aware)?

Yesterday the heli wasnt starting and I eventually worked out that the throttle servo was locked in its full OFF posn even though the safe switch had been switched to allow operating as normal

However when randomly flicking some other switches the throttle suddenly began operating normally with switch posn 3! Further investigation showed that this switch was assigned to Option 1?

The original assigned Safety Switch still looked like it was working normally through both the switch assignment menu and the VControl Display (Motor Switch Motor Off / Throttle Safe) but now isnt actually doing anything to the throttle servo or the little throttle bar on the display.

It was only switch 3 assigned to Option 1 that physically un locked the throttle servo and released it to the idle posn (like the Safety Switch use to do) and allowed the heli to start and fly normally etc. However this Switch 3 / Option 1 combo DOESNT change most the VBCt display settings (Motor Switch Motor Off / Throttle Safe) BUT does activate the normal changes in the little throttle posn bar only (regardless of the real Safety Switch position). This means also that the throttle bar display will move up and down normally (with the servo / throttle posn) even though it still has "Throttle Safe" displayed next to it!

I believe this is actually a generic radio setting so assume it may also effect my other electric helis as well (I havent checked yet).

Obviously I can just asign this Option 1 to the original Safety Switch posn but I would really like to solve what has caused this random change in my radios programming?

I am also running the macrocell for a nitro startup throttle curve in Normal mode etc but hadnt previously created any issues that I was aware of.

Hopefully this all makes some sense to someone and would appreciate and advice or opinions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2024 10:15AM by Goody63.
RV
Re: Nitro Safe Switch no longer working?
February 25, 2024 01:24PM
Hello,

please have a look at the switch assignment panel first. Watch if there is some changes even w/o a model connected.

Also - please have a look at the Harddrive (PC and UScool smiley - how much memory does it have and how much used?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login