Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Min Max change wrecks pitch curve

Posted by RichardV 
Min Max change wrecks pitch curve
May 19, 2022 08:38PM
I set up an F3C pitch curve a few weeks ago. I recently modified the min/max pitch endpoints and it messed the pitch curve up by resetting it with a bump.

I've attached an example of what happens.

It should either leave the curve alone, or include updating the middle point.

Thanks
Rich

RV
Re: Min Max change wrecks pitch curve
May 19, 2022 09:28PM
This is normal and intended.

If someone goes in the "edit Setup" we set all points linear according to the min/max he dialed in for all banks as for default setup of a model.

If later changes need to be done on each bank and point - this is the curve to edit. At this point - the "overall" shouldn't be touched anymore.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 20, 2022 01:18PM
No worries, but it's not making it linear (as per the bottom pic)
It should reset the mid point as well.

Rich
May 20, 2022 04:44PM
Rich, I've fought this for a long time. I thought the behavior was supposed to set the servo/swash position to define 100% at either end of the curve to a "known" number of degrees, thus allowing me to adjust the curve (using simple math) to suit my needs.

The first time this destroyed my F3C hover curve I was very upset and then I discovered the way this works and I can't for the life of me understand the thought process behind it but it is what it is.

The other thing I discovered was that the governor isn't looking at pitch curve to make decisions but, rather, looks at stick position. So if you're using an F3C pitch curve (hovering at mid stick) on a nitro with governor enabled, the governor never settles and is all over the place.

These details have been extremely frustrating but I don't know that anyone seems to think this is a problem.
May 20, 2022 10:16PM
RE: VBar Gov
I didn't know about the gov issue as I run ESC gov, but I've tested and you're right. It uses the stick output to set zero and apply collective add, which won't work on funky pitch curves. You'd think it would be simple to use the pitch output instead.

RE: Min Max
I can understand why the pitch endpoints work they way they do, as standard setups are quick and you can overdrive the endpoints in the banks where needed. I prefer it over the traditional range % method.

The real issue is how it handles changes to min/max in setup. It wrecks S curves, F3C curves, beginner limited negative curves, basically anything that isn't a full pitch straight line.

I would expect them to default to the overall min/max values, and any changes would only be applied to points that were outside the new values. But they went with resetting all curves except the centre, which is odd.

As Rainer says, in theory you should never go back and update min/max, but in reality anytime you change anything mechanical, you go back in there to redo the trims and pitch range.

Rich
May 20, 2022 10:33PM
Anyway, after that babble of mine, I think my suggestion of modifying min/max is overly complicated grinning smiley
and it comes down to this.

1) Can you include the collective centre point in the pitch curves reset?

and to Angel's concern.
2) Is it possible to use pitch output instead of stick output for the 0 degree set and VBar gov collective add?

Thanks
Rich
May 21, 2022 01:12AM
Thanks, Richard. It sounds like you understood what I was trying to convey. I've worked around it but it would be nice to "know" that at 100% I have 14 degrees of pitch so if I want 15, I just dial up 107% on the pitch curve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login