Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBCT no longer connects to WiFi

Posted by johnahamelv 
VBCT no longer connects to WiFi
April 28, 2022 05:56AM
I have been connecting my VBC Touch radio to WiFi for years without any issues. Today, the radio shows as "connecting" to the home WiFi, but never actually connects. I also tried using my phone "hot spot", but the radio does not show my phone's hot spot on the WiFi options.

What can I do to connect my VBC Touch radio to WiFi?
Re: VBCT no longer connects to WiFi
May 02, 2022 09:18AM
Hi John,

if you try a personal hot spot on your phone, make sure it creates a 2.4 GHz WiFi. Current iDevices by default open a 5 GHz WiFi, only if you select "maximize compatibility", they do 2.4 GHz, for example.

For your home WiFi, also make sure it's 2.4 GHz and if in doubt, take Mesh or Thread routers out of the equation, try with the base station only.
I'm also not sure what happens, on different routers, if you hide your SSID for example.

As a last resort, please create a service request at vstabi.info/devices (My Devices) if you haven't already done so, and we will see to it.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 02, 2022 05:05PM
Thank you for the reply. I got similar answer replies on Facebook over the weekend. It is working now. I separated the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands in my router settings and give each band a different name (I just added 5 to the 5GHz band).

I moved to a new house with new internet. I was not aware of the VBCT radio being limited to the only the 2.4GHz WiFi band.
May 02, 2022 08:52PM
Eddi
just wondering , would the touch get a chip upgrade to handle 5GHz
I'm willing to ship mine to you guys if you would do that winking smiley
May 03, 2022 09:01AM
Hi again,

to be honest, I can not tell how far the changes go.

John, I'm glad it works for you now smiling smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login