Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V Bar Touch improvements

Posted by Jock_rst 
V Bar Touch improvements
January 18, 2022 11:09PM
Hi,

I've using my VBCt about 6 months and it's really cool next gen radio. But here is some things would be great to get improved version.

1) Move charging port from back side of radio to the bottom side. Currently is possible to charge radio only in standing position. Twice my radio falling to front - really bad thing. Best solution just put radio on the table at flat position and charge, but is not possible because charging port at the back side.

2) Add Foldable grip. When i carry my radio in the bag - fixed grip really take a much space in the bag.

It's will require to redesign back half of radio case and connect charging port inside of radio motherboard with new one connector on the bottom side of new back half by simple cable. Any customer can purchase new back side half and do it by himself.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2022 11:13PM by Jock_rst.

Re: V Bar Touch improvements
January 20, 2022 06:31PM
One more idea:

Winterstick. Fingers are frozen from stick temperature, because aluminum cooled very fast on cold winter environment.
Many people do winter flying and i think it's really cool feature that unfortunately not implemented yet in any brand of radio even premium level.

Solution #1:
Made non metal sticks cap, plastic or composite

Solution #2
True heating sticks. Here are many released solutions like winter heating gloves with 5.0v power. Customer can enable or disable winter function. Ofcourse it will discharge radio battery if enabled much faster.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2022 06:59PM by Jock_rst.
January 21, 2022 09:14AM
Apologies for jumping on your thread, but it's worth discussing.

1) Charge point: I agree it's an issue, however the position would be fine if Mikado used a 90 degree connector instead of the straight one. I've replaced mine and it's a non-issue now.

2) Foldable grip: I've not seen this anywhere else, and it seems very user specific. Perhaps you could completely remove it?

3) Plastic/heated sticks: I don't think sticks are the issue when it's cold. I often fly in winter around freezing and you're better off getting a mitt. I find the old Turnigy transmitter gloves are roomy and don't constrict.
I tried tyre warmers and a battery inside the mitt as well, but it was too much faff for very little benefit.
You could try plasti-dip the sticks or print some plastic ones?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2022 09:41AM by RichardV.
January 21, 2022 12:17PM
RichardV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apologies for jumping on your thread, but it's
> worth discussing.
>
> 1) Charge point: I agree it's an issue, however
> the position would be fine if Mikado used a 90
> degree connector instead of the straight one. I've
> replaced mine and it's a non-issue now.

Cool. Thanks for idea, i will replace my connector with 90 degree version. Would be great if new version will be with 90 degree from the factory.

>
> 2) Foldable grip: I've not seen this anywhere
> else, and it seems very user specific. Perhaps you
> could completely remove it?

May be, who knows. Futaba 16IZ has foldable mini racks. Why not create full foldable grip?

>
> 3) Plastic/heated sticks: I don't think sticks are
> the issue when it's cold. I often fly in winter
> around freezing and you're better off getting a
> mitt. I find the old Turnigy transmitter gloves
> are roomy and don't constrict.
> I tried tyre warmers and a battery inside the mitt
> as well, but it was too much faff for very little
> benefit.
> You could try plasti-dip the sticks or print some
> plastic ones?

Will try print plastic stick caps. Already ordered bicycle heating gloves with battery inside. But form me - main problem that precision if hands in the mitt it not so good for flying, like about 70% of expo winking smiley Heated sticks will be ideal solution.
January 30, 2022 07:32PM
I agree the charging port is not is the best position.
But after 1,5 hours of printing now the VBC-T can stand normal and not fall on the front.

January 30, 2022 10:21PM
Bart_Geldof Wrote:
> I agree the charging port is not is the best
> position.
> But after 1,5 hours of printing now the VBC-T can
> stand normal and not fall on the front.
>
>
>
>
>

Nice idea!
January 31, 2022 08:41PM
And for the folding grip you can go to your local metal shop ore maybe better jewellery shop and let them make you this.
Ore 3D print it if you trust your strength of prints.

I will make one on my 3D printer tomorrow for testing.

February 01, 2022 06:21PM
Bart_Geldof Wrote:

> I will make one on my 3D printer tomorrow for
> testing.
>
>

Exactly what i looking for. Thanks mate!
February 02, 2022 04:47PM
using this , used it with my old DX7

Edit :
tried to upload a picture but to big

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2022 04:57PM by ragge1.
February 02, 2022 06:37PM
my stand

February 05, 2022 09:27AM
Just found foldable grip on Radiomaster 16. Really cool solution. Do you still think that is overwhelmed? $220 radio

Common Mikado, we are now not in 2016 year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2022 09:33AM by Jock_rst.

February 07, 2022 09:06AM
Hi,

let‘s put it this way, every manufacturer find‘s it‘s niche grinning smiley and distinguishes himself, and if it‘s with a foldable carrying handle …

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 16, 2022 02:37AM
Some additional ideas:

Improve woman voice quality. English woman voice no very clear and hard to recognized her "bububu". English man voice is much clear and understandable. Would be great more woman style and less robotic voice.

True type fonts. I don't know why fonts looking like on PC from or radio from early 2000, but true type fonts will be better for looking.

Add Battery alarm range. In most cases is not required to hear 90,80....50% of battery capacity. 20-10 and 0% more than enough.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2022 10:22AM by Jock_rst.
February 17, 2022 10:22AM
Add RC Packet lost warining via voice / sound / vibro!. If we are lost radio signal during flight we must know about issue and land model immediately, but not investigate log when crash is happend. Here is too many factors that interference to radio signal. Modern world is overwhelmed with wifi / cell towers / etc. It's just our safety.
February 24, 2022 08:58PM
Next one:

Bind (Add) battery to current model feature and hide all others for current model.

Currently i have three packs (and 4 pack will be soon CNHL 3000):

OMP 3s 650 mah -> Uses with Logo 200
Gens 3s 700 mah -> Uses with Logo 200
HRB 12S 3300 mah -> Uses with Kraken 580

When model is connected i need to select battery from all batteries list.
But would great and be much useful to add battery into each model and don't display all other unused for current model batteries.

In others word - add battery per model filter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2022 11:38PM by Jock_rst.
February 28, 2022 09:09AM
Hi Jock_rst and all,

first, please don't be upset that I or we don't reply to every suggestion here. Rest assured we will discuss them.

But I'd like to leave a note here, regarding the battery filter: maybe it would be possible to flag a NEO/model with a cell-count information, helping for a pre-selection. Say, for 3s helis, only 3s batteries are being shown, and such. Maybe that filter can even be toggled in the selection, like in e-mail, show only
(x) new (short list)
or ( ) show full list.

Would be easier imo than assigning batteries to models, with all the added complexity.

For LOGO 200, I would probably only create one battery, and select that (or use fixed battery ID) for all of them, even if I had 650 and 700 mAh batteries.
But I'm not into having exact logs for each batter, my main thing is mAh counting / knowing when it's time to land.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 28, 2022 12:24PM
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for replay, it's ok if here no answers, just hoping that some ideas will helps to improve VBCt.

The main problem - different mAh of batteries and manufacturer.
So different mAh = different flight time (e.g. between 3300 and 3000 mAh) and also want to track cycles per battery type (manufacturer).
March 05, 2022 11:11AM
One Ring to rule them all .. uh eh, I mean : One screen to show all of the data transfer.

As a "dummy" user I like to see if the data transfer is in progress and successful. By now I just wait a while to hope it is succesfull.

1. A screen that shows the progress of the transfer of all files uploaded to the vCloud.

2. In the update screen an extended screen that shows the connection (speed, losses, etc).

Gruß Jürgen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2022 11:13AM by JMalberg.
April 08, 2022 12:19AM
While VBCt is connected by usb to PC (in most cases for simulator) - automatically reducing screen brightness to minimum. That will prevent screen from burnout and less power consumption.
April 30, 2022 09:33PM
The charging the radio while laying flat has a pretty easy solution. Just purchase a short extension with a 90° angle connector. The 90° connector will sit flush with the radio, so you can lay the radio on its back.

May 09, 2022 05:17PM
One more idea:

Option - Don't automatically turn off radio while VBCt uploading logs to the cloud.
Add upload logs progress bar on the main screen.

For example:

Auto turn off time - 131 seconds on my VBCt.
If there was many flights, for example 15 or 18, 131 seconds is too low time for uploading all logs to the vstabi cloud and radio will turned off before all logs is completly uploaded. I need wake up radio manually and waiting while all logs are completely uploaded.
May 31, 2022 03:33PM
Option - Economy mode.

Economy mode will disable light sensor and reduce screen brightness to constant user specified value in the radio settings. Option will provide better economy for battery usage during flight and also can be used while training in the simulator (when screen brigthness is not important).

Economy mode button can be placed on the screen and user can enable / disable mode from the screen by one tap.

Or alternative way:

Lighting sensor can increase screen brigthness to value specified in the radio screen brightness as maximum.
For example:
If set screen brightness to 10%, then LS can't increase more than 10%.
If set 100% of screen brightness, LS can adjust full range.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2022 05:21PM by Jock_rst.
June 08, 2022 04:04PM
Shortened version of grip. I'll design for 3d printing a plastic part with free space for fingers. More compact and harmonious solution on my eyes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2022 04:05PM by Jock_rst.

June 14, 2022 05:34PM
One more:
Add button as Antenna level icon. By tapping to icon we can examine current signal level, instead Menu->Model Status->Scroll down to Antenna Status.
June 20, 2022 02:46AM
Option - disable gyro while is USB mode (simulator).
Currently charging works only if radio in vertical orientation. If radio in horizontal orientation charging is not works. At some cases gyro initialized not a correctly and charging not works in vertical orientation.
June 24, 2022 10:32AM
Helidirect make a new grip design:

https://www.helidirect.com/products/v-control-radio-handle-with-stand

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2022 11:36AM by Jock_rst.

July 04, 2022 11:15AM
Idea for Neo update. (Taken from RotorFlight project):

Advanced gyro filtering for helicopters:
- Dynamic RPM based notch filter banks
- Advanced dynamic LPF
July 26, 2022 11:05PM
One more for VBCt:

If Battery Fixed Id is set, don't display battery list. Just display Fixed Id banner and that's all. Is not need to display batteries list for improving UX experience.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login