Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plans to update VBAR Control Touch information?

Posted by Jdutsar 
Plans to update VBAR Control Touch information?
November 24, 2020 01:14PM
I have just completed my first flying season with my VBar Control Touch and Neo. I absolutely love them - I have never flown better or longer. However, I still suspect that I can further improve my setups to refine my flight characteristics and overall experience, especially with all of the new updates. To that end, I plan to reset and redo my setups from the ground up, where I plan to leverage and build upon what I've learned over the last year.

To help with my re-setups, I am wondering if there are plans to update the information posted to the vstabi website? I've noticed that the VBar Control information is more complete and better organized than both of the VBar Control Touch sections. (Why are there are two sections for VBar Control Touch anyway?) It would be helpful to have clear, complete, and well organized written information for the Touch that is all in one place. Are there plans to update the website?
Re: Plans to update VBAR Control Touch information?
December 07, 2020 05:56PM
Does anyone know of a way to download or extract the help files from the VBCt so they can be viewed while away from the radio?
RV
December 07, 2020 10:17PM
No - as they are encrypted inside all the apps - this is not possible.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2020 10:17PM by RV.
December 08, 2020 02:41PM
Thank you for your reply, Rainer.

I suppose I could take a picture of a help screen, import it to my computer, run OCR against it to convert to text, bring the text file into my word processor, cleanup any OCR mistakes and formatting issues then save it off. I'd repeat this for every help screen on the VBCt, merge all of the files, then I'd have written documentation.

I just have two questions, I use Microsoft word as my word processor, but not sure about OCR software - any recommendations? Second question - to help avoid all that work, do you know if there are any plans to publish written documentation to the VBCt, similar to that of the legacy VBC?

Best regards,
John
December 08, 2020 03:16PM
Hi John,

the help files are basically XML files (encrypted on the radio, but the sources are).
So 'if one had access to those files', it would be considerably simple to process them into one human-readable file with basic formatting.

I'm no longer current with OCR software I'm afraid, too long ago, but if I'd chose that way, I'd probably do screenshots on the radio for best clarity, and batch-process them.

I'm afraid we are _very_ reluctant with written or even printed documentation, basically with a second or third branch to take care of, with our small team.

I was always thinking about processing the help files into something, setting up an automatism which I could run any time, but I never found the time to look into it. A dream would be a common data base where the texts run into the radio as well as on the web site, where they can be augmented with screenshots, which you don't need on the radio because the screen is already there.
You could even semi-auto-process them using InDesign, creating a printable layout almost without interaction.
So many possibilities, so little time, and no clones grinning smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 08, 2020 06:43PM
Thanks, Eddi, I appreciate the reply. I am feeling very much like an outlier for wanting written documentation anyway.
December 09, 2020 09:45AM
Morning John,

no worries smiling smiley we don't want to make you feel that way smiling smiley it's just the way it is, or more like, what we can do or can not do, or if, only half-heartedly, in which case it's better not to do it ...

An other thing which can help, if you mainly want to read up on parameters or whatever: the online documentation here for the classic VBar Control covers almost all the topics anyway, if with a different user interface.

Even I read up on less common topics there, frequently, and use it for phone or written support grinning smiley kudos to Rainer, Uli and myself grinning smiley

Problem is the search function of the cms in use, but if I need to find something I get by with google: site:vstabi.info keywords does the trick winking smiley

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login