Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kontonik ESC integration?

Posted by johnahamelv 
Kontonik ESC integration?
August 30, 2020 06:00AM
Are there plans to add parameter adjustment integration with Kontronik ESCs like you currently do with other ESCs (Scorpion, YGE, perhaps others)? I really dislike having to connect my Kontronik ESCs to the computer just for minor parameter adjustments.
RV
Re: Kontonik ESC integration?
August 30, 2020 11:01AM
I have discussed this with Kontronik multiple times. I have been personally at their factory to talk with the developers.

The result is ... all 3 times when i have been there were other people in charge, much words talked, all agreed "would be a good idea" - and nothing happened. Just wasted my time at all.

So - it seems to be as it is, using VGov and fully integrated telemetry is possible only with YGE and Scrorpion.

If Kontronik comes up once to implement it, they will be welcome of course, all required documents are in their hands.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2020 11:03AM by RV.
May 16, 2021 12:45PM
Any update on this topic?
What does this mean and what would you seein the VBCt?
Telemetry protocole for Futaba, Jeti, Multiplex, Mikado, Graupner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2021 12:52PM by Debruhl42.
RV
May 16, 2021 02:45PM
Denny, there is something in progress but due the still ongoing development nothing to talk about and no timeline to publish.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 16, 2021 02:52PM
Thank you have a great day
May 16, 2021 03:26PM
I personally did not want to wait. 3 months after I started this thread, I switched my whole fleet from Kontronik to YGE "T" series.
May 16, 2021 03:45PM
johnahamelv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I switched my whole fleet
> from Kontronik to YGE "T" series.

So did i some time ago ... the only way to go ... YGE is also great, perhaps in the meantime already better than the red one ...
Geri
May 16, 2021 04:20PM
My experience now with YGE "T" series is overall more favorable compared to the Kontronik Kosmik's and Jive Pro's the YGE's replaced. The internal governor performance is pretty much the same between the latest Kontronik's and latest YGE's. I like how YGE gives you the option to use the FBL governor if you so desire. Being able to make ESC adjustments wirelessly with the VBC Touch radio at the field without needing a computer is a welcomed feature. I like how YGE has a current limiter feature, so instead of the ESC shutting off in mid-flight (to protect itself), YGE will limit the current instead of shutting off. YGE will also not get "bricked" if you interrupt the firmware update process. YGE also service the ESC's (solder new wires or new capacitors) which is not an option for Jive Pro's. I do miss the design of the Kosmiks where one can connect motor wires directly to the ESC without soldering and without excess wiring. I also miss the Kontronik internal mah consumption limiter where the Kontronik ESC would limit power over 30 seconds before fully shutting down. I am a bit disappointed that YGE does not have a reverse motor rotation feature which seems to me to be a basic function. I really dislike having to reconnect the motor motor wires to reverse the motor rotation when using YGE ESC's.

But yes, I am overall happier with YGE.
May 16, 2021 04:40PM
johnahamelv Wrote:
> My experience now with YGE "T" series is overall
> more favorable compared to the Kontronik Kosmik's
> and Jive Pro's the YGE's replaced. The internal
> governor performance is pretty much the same
> between the latest Kontronik's and latest YGE's.
> I like how YGE gives you the option to use the FBL
> governor if you so desire. Being able to make ESC
> adjustments wirelessly with the VBC Touch radio at
> the field without needing a computer is a welcomed
> feature. I like how YGE has a current limiter
> feature, so instead of the ESC shutting off in
> mid-flight (to protect itself), YGE will limit the
> current instead of shutting off. YGE will also
> not get "bricked" if you interrupt the firmware
> update process. YGE also service the ESC's
> (solder new wires or new capacitors) which is not
> an option for Jive Pro's. I do miss the design of
> the Kosmiks where one can connect motor wires
> directly to the ESC without soldering and without
> excess wiring. I also miss the Kontronik internal
> mah consumption limiter where the Kontronik ESC
> would limit power over 30 seconds before fully
> shutting down. I am a bit disappointed that YGE
> does not have a reverse motor rotation feature
> which seems to me to be a basic function. I
> really dislike having to reconnect the motor motor
> wires to reverse the motor rotation when using YGE
> ESC's.
>
> But yes, I am overall happier with YGE.

Thanks for your input on this,I have been thinking about YGE for a while now,
I like the options that YGE offer over the Kontronik esc!
You have made me make up my mind now cool thanks!
May 16, 2021 04:46PM
Can all of the programming be done in the radio?
YGE 205
RV
May 16, 2021 08:27PM
Yes it can. It is fully integrated into VBCt ;-) It also auto-detects VBCt telemetry, sets endpoints then etc.

Rainer Vetter

May 16, 2021 08:34PM
Rainer
Thanks that is awesome!
May 17, 2021 02:44AM
Correct. The VBC Touch will detect the YGE ESC and calibrate the end points automatically (similar to Scorpion Tribunus). This mean that you do not have to perform the high stick and low stick calibration like with most other ESCs.

The only ESC programming (for YGE "T" series) you need to do is choose the BEC voltage and the governor (gov, gov store, FBL gov, etc.). You can also adjust the P and I gov gains via the VBCT radio, but the stock numbers are pretty spot on. However, I recommend you also purchase the YGE USB adapter so you can perform firmware updates as well as to access a few other parameters not accessible via the VBCT radio.
May 22, 2021 01:45AM
Just updated... I see a WHOLE lot more stuff with Kontronik available. Is this for real or just a teaser?
May 22, 2021 08:25AM
Not final implemented. Will come later.

Stephan
RV
May 22, 2021 10:36AM
Hello,

just re-update and it is gone - will be back in future with the right ESC firmware as soon as both are finished.

Rainer Vetter

May 22, 2021 03:22PM
I'll cry myself to sleep now...

I'm on the Kontronik team so if you want me to beta test, please feel free to reach out.

RV Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just re-update and it is gone - will be back in
> future with the right ESC firmware as soon as both
> are finished.
May 25, 2021 10:07AM
Hi,

can't resist to tease: would be Kontronik's job to use their assets winking smiley
I'm sure we'd be the last to stall grinning smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
July 17, 2021 10:41AM
any news ?
July 17, 2021 03:38PM
We are at the final steps.

Stephan
July 18, 2021 05:11PM
This is great news to hear Stephan!

I have a Kolibri 140 HV-I and Kosmik 170 HV-I, so I’m really looking forward to seeing the complete integration with my VBC-T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2021 05:12PM by 3D Dave.
November 11, 2021 09:11PM
hows going on with the engagement , when is the wedding taking place
RV
November 12, 2021 12:15AM
With the latest VBC / VBCt Updates from a few weeks ago - your radio is ready to go. Consider you need the right ESC with the right firmware on the other side which isn't published by Kontronik until yet.

Rainer Vetter

November 12, 2021 12:24AM
nice thumbs upsmileys with beer , Thanks Rainer
November 15, 2021 10:00AM
Hi,

so the bride (or is it the groom?) is playing hard to get grinning smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login