Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modify Parameters App — Anomalies and Bugs

Posted by hstaniloff 
Modify Parameters App — Anomalies and Bugs
June 12, 2020 10:59PM
Hello All;
I'm a big tuning guy and was glad to see Mikado deliver the Modify Parameters app to the VControl Touch. I was out at the field for the first time with my new radio and wish to report the following 3 anomalies and bugs with this app. If I find any more, then I will append this forum conversation.
I believe these are EASY fixes that will go a long way to improve the app. Please implement these fixes!

Thanks very much!
/Hal

---
VControl Touch set up in Dark Mode

app: Modify Parameters

anomaly/bug: Tail Agility label and slider inconsistent

Description: When adding the Tail Agility parameter to an available pot or trimmer, the label of the feature doesn't match that of the Neo, namely Tail Rate. Furthermore, the pop-up value slider for this parameter, when being accessed through the app, only goes up to 120. The slider for Tail Rate in the Neo extends beyond 120 allowing you to overdrive this parameter.

Fix: Please change the word "Agility" to "Rate" in order to match the VBar Neo parameter Tail Rate. Please fix the slider for this parameter to allow selections beyond 120 like the native VBar Neo parameter.

---

anomaly/bug: When adjusting a parameter, the text in the pop alert cannot be read easily.

Description: When attempting to adjust a parameter using a pot or a trimmer, the alert containing the parameter name and value has a color of white text against a yellow background. These colors offer little to no contrast and make it nearly impossible to read the parameter name and value — especially in the sunlight.

Fix: Please change the color of the text for pop-up alerts in the app to red (possibly bolded) in order to offer contrast between the text and the background. Red is a good choice signaling to the user that the parameter is "hot" or "alive".

---

anomaly/bug: VBar eGov Parameters Missing

Description: When attempting to tune my VBar Neo eGov parameters as per the VSTabi.info website, the three basic parameters are not available for selection. Please add a new category selection called NEO eGOV containing BASIC THROTTLE, COLLECTIVE AD, and eGOV GAIN. This will allow the user to assign these values to pots and trimmers in order to easily tune the VBar Neo eGOV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2020 11:55PM by hstaniloff.
RV
Re: Modify Parameters App — Anomalies and Bugs
June 13, 2020 12:12PM
Quote:
anomaly/bug: Tail Agility label and slider inconsistent

This is a limit to keep the values into "safe ones". There is some maths behind to shift over 120 for rate which can't be done on the modifys general loop. So it is as it is.

Quote:
anomaly/bug: VBar eGov Parameters Missing

See my statement in the other thread where Vinger was asking for you.

Quote:
anomaly/bug: When adjusting a parameter, the text in the pop alert cannot be read easily.

Are you using the Dark Screen?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2020 12:12PM by RV.
June 13, 2020 01:01PM
Yes, using Dark Screen Mode. Can't read the parameters when they pop up due to the white letters.
RV
June 13, 2020 07:09PM
Okay - i have also checked at a clubmates one.

We will seed if we can change this colours.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 13, 2020 09:17PM
AWESOME! Thanks! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up
RV
June 13, 2020 10:58PM
Okay - this is already solved with the next Update.

Rainer Vetter

June 14, 2020 01:27AM
smiling bouncing smiley My hero.

Thank you very much!
/Hal
July 26, 2020 10:58PM
I haven't checked it as our field is closed but did the next update go out to fix the white letters on yellow background issue when in dark mode? And was this a VControl-t update?
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login