Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tail rotor control Logo 700

Posted by recovery 
Tail rotor control Logo 700
November 30, 2018 12:35PM
Hi,

i have a little play on my Tail rotor control, i have less than 100 fly.

Is it acceptable or ok ?

https://youtu.be/7vp857kTHq8

Thx

Cyril
Re: Tail rotor control Logo 700
November 30, 2018 01:21PM
Hi Cyril,

I would disassemble the tail rotor and tighten the tail pitch control plate again until there is no play (but also no binding).

In case the thread does not hold properly any more, better replace it, or if you find it to be in perfect condition otherwise (no cracks/other visible damage), you can also try and add a small amount of glue to the thread.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2018 01:21PM by Eddi E. aus G..
November 30, 2018 06:20PM
Hi Eddy,

i was already disassembled it but no try to tight it before you answer.

The tail pitch control is like new, i use a flat spanner 9, tight it with out binding, just before i feel bearing and add a small amount of glue for stop it.
Good to know, the thread is reversed, for avoid damage of it.

- I have a 550 there's no play at this time, is the same system ? i need to check it regularly.
- Winter arrive, as all year i check assembly parts, grease trust bearing on tailrotor, rotorhead and One way hub, what's is your recommandation for maintenance checklist ?
- Can i use Dryfluid Gear for trust bearing on tail and mainrotor ?

Thx

Cyril

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2018 01:00AM by recovery.
December 03, 2018 08:56AM
Hi Cyril,

well, I have no real maintenance plan, for my helis, and never had. If you regularly check everything, wiggle, clean, you find slop or binding or wear usually long before something bad is about to happen. I also have an ear for my models, if the sound changes, I try and investigate.

The system is the same on all of our tail rotors, and it's tried and tested over years. Of course, the highe the load is (aggressive flying) the more likely it is that something wears or loosens. I mean, 100 flights of 4-5 minutes mean 6.5-8.5 operating hours, or 3-4 million revolutions on the tail ... rough numbers only.

I can not speak for Dry Fluid, and if it has any real benefit, or if it is only some sort of expensive 'hair growth'. I've only been using a drop of off-the-shelf silicone oil here and there (shafts, bearings) and grease (thrust bearings, dampening). And never on the main gear or the bevel gears of my 700 XX back in it's days.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 03, 2018 11:37PM
Hi Eddy,

Ok i need to check as i do smiling smiley

But why nothing on main gear and bevel gear ?

Cyril

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 01:46AM by recovery.
December 04, 2018 08:52AM
Hi Cyril,

first, I do not like grease everywhere. OK, on the 700 now, the bevel gears are fully covered, but the main gear isn't.

I found that there is hardly any wear on the main gear even without grease, so I went with the manual already years ago, and did only grease or oil where recommended. With my 700 XX (only one with bevel gears), I did also never grease them, and no issues either.

But I'm not the aggressive pilot, more like 2.5 D, could be that it helps here or there if you stress the gears considerably more.

Just my experience, which I relay smiling smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 12, 2019 12:11PM
Hi,

does this two parts of GLogo fit on Logo 700 ?

February 18, 2019 09:25AM
Hi,

since both have a 25 mm tail boom, it should—but never tried/yet.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login