Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

MIK4566 Tail Rotor Shaft Size Problem

geschrieben von dannyh 
MIK4566 Tail Rotor Shaft Size Problem
11.08.2020 14:00:40
Hi

I am trying to replace the tail rotor shaft on my logo 700 xxtreme. The part number in the manual is MIK4566.
The new part I received does not fit within the tail case (its too wide). I checked the part number I received and this appears to be correct.

The black plastic sleeve running along the shaft is ~2mm longer on the new part versus the original.
I have attached a picture of the original part in place on the heli and the new one on the bench, both with caliper measurements.

I spoke to the shop I bought the part from and they checked dimensions of other MIK4566 parts they have in stock. The new parts in stock match with the part I was sent.

Please could you advise? I thought maybe this is a tail rotor shaft for the new 800 that may have a wider tail case? or perhaps there is a different part number for the older logo 700 xxtreme now?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Daniel

Re: MIK4566 Tail Rotor Shaft Size Problem
11.08.2020 14:55:13
Hi Daniel,

they should be different in size. If you can, you can mill down the plastic spacer molded onto the shaft so it fits between the bearings, with a little space to shim it out.
We could probably procure or MacGyver a couple of LOGO 700 XX shafts, but it will take some time, and I'd have to ask first anyway, I'm not 100 % sure.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login