Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Agility lower than 40 possible?

geschrieben von Alf Otterstad 
Agility lower than 40 possible?
19.12.2023 07:56:32
Hi,

For the F3C hovering program, I am using a dual rate setting of 20-40% of full range with agility set at the minimum (40). Is it possible and if so recommended, to set agility lower say, between 15 and 20, to use a fuller range of aileron and elevator in the transmitter? Or should I stay with heavy dual rate use? Please note that I am using a Jeti transmitter and hence the PC setup program for configuration if this makes a difference.

Best regards,

Alf
RV
Re: Agility lower than 40 possible?
19.12.2023 14:28:18
Throw a coin - the result will be the same - if ever such a low agility could be set up (don't know at this point ...).

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
19.12.2023 20:58:13
Thanks, I will throw a coin smiling smiley

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 19.12.2023 21:01 von Alf Otterstad.
20.12.2023 09:31:37
Hi,

I'm actually not sure when you manually enter values lower than 40, hit enter, if the VBar will accept it or override to 40 again (safety precaution, no agility, no control, ...).

But Dual Rate does the same job: you set your maximum desired agility in the VBar (as you would adjust mechanically, back in the day), then adjust the input with D/R, or shape the input with Expo.

With a third party radio/external receiver, I'd probably opt for that anyway, or set up three banks in VBar and use flight conditions in the radio additionally, to have more possible combinations, depending on what you want, your style of flying.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
21.12.2023 09:11:12
Hi and thanks for the input Eddi!

I will do as suggested. And yes, I am using different banks as the F3C hover maneuvers are very different from the acrobatics maneuvers. The first requires low RPM, very high gains and very limited agility to make the heli move smoothly in slow hover while the acrobatics part of the program has a more "normal" FBL setup like used for sports or soft 3D.

I need to tune and test more, but the Evo seems good for F3C use based on my experience so far. Will compare it in more detail to the Futaba CGY760R/CGY755 that I have in all my F3C helis.

Alf
21.12.2023 10:18:08
Hi Alf,

I guess with the adjustable servo frequencies as well as with the higher possible overall gains, the EVO will be even better for F3C than the NEO.

But still, any VBar has some tricks up it's sleeves, to make even more out of it.

We just don't publish that widely, because the margin between making a veritable hovering monster and catastrophic self-destruction can be very narrow, if you don't really know what you're doing winking smiley

I'd compare that to what could happen if you just max out the servo refresh rates, up the gain to the max, lift off, up rpm, and the model suddenly starts to oscillate until it eventually self-destructs. You need to take careful steps, evaluate, have a plan B, because no heli is like the other.

If you're interested, e-mail me at service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de
But please mind that the Christmas break is ahead, could be that I can only answer when I'm back at the office next year.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login