Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Question about nitro gov

geschrieben von guiwee 
Question about nitro gov
31.08.2023 00:37:14
Trying to get the hang of this nitro tuning:I’m getting a lot of gov at low and high throttle in log
Doing just fast climb outs and descents.
Should I just redo my setup completely
Vbct and neo on a raw700n /os105hzr
1700…1900…2100.
Think my coll add on 1st bank is like 30 or so bank 2 is 35

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 31.08.2023 00:38 von guiwee.
RV
Re: Question about nitro gov
31.08.2023 05:43:51
High Throttle means that the motor can't keep the headspeed. So - decrease collective, have a look at Motor / Muffler / Fuel etc. - no VBar setup issue here.

Low Throttle means that the Gov wants to slow down more as allowed. This might be normal on nitros in descents. The value for this limit should be set to have enough "punch" after a descent and will probably allow overspeed then. If too low - the motor will be closer to idle in a descent. When does it occour exactly?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
07.09.2023 06:57:23
When doing fast ascents and descents.......but another issue has arisen!!!
when doing said tests i noticed the heli seemed to shake so i brought to a hover tail in
and it kept wanting to pull to the right w/o additional input so i landed and looked at the log
file and had an aileron sensor out of range...but servos worked fine on the ground!!
Also a lot of extreme vibraations in log..engine isnt fully tuned so its running rich!!
Noticed when moving my wires at he back of heli i was able to affect it....like moving them
caused the tail to chatter....think the boards loose inside the case??
07.09.2023 09:08:43
Hi,

well, full throttle and low throttle mean the governor can not open the carb any more to maintain the head speed under high/prolonged high load, or close it any more (main rotor and magnets overspeeding in the descent).

It's a matter of the overall setup, requested head speed, max. collective, engine tuning (for full load situations), for unloaded situations it can be considered OK, because you probably want the engine to remain at increased idle so it doesn't bog when you request power again, and quickly.

Sensor out of range is—vibration wise—the next level after Extreme/Dangerous vibration.

Vibration is a killer, for gyroscopic sensors as well as for accelerometers. Things you can do: check that the main board is fixated properly inside the case (replace case if in doubt), mount the NEO as far away from the engine/gearbox as possible (behind the mast has proven to be best practice over the years), make sure wires are not taut but fixated after half an inch to an inch, try a different mounting tape, double tape, or sandwich with a metal plate, all the things which you'd also have tried if you had experienced drift with legacy tail gyros after all.
Check that the NEO is standing free, not squeezed in between wires or touching frames or anything but the tape.

Please also make sure everything's running true, and that the gear mesh is OK. I recall a video (some years ago) on youtube where a pilot (Matt Botos? Could be wrong ...) discussed the necessity to make sure everything is running as true, is balanced as good as possible, because it's not only affecting the electronics, but also at some point can shake everything else apart ...

From Kyle Dahl I recall he said that the muffler and how it's attached to the engine also plays a major role, or can play, if it's resonance frequencies are adverse.

Of course, if you move the wires, and if the NEO is not fixated properly, it will also move ever so slightly on it's pad, so the sensors and as a result the servos will react.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login