Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Need some help setting up Vbar Neo Express with Trex 450L Dominator

geschrieben von eubkd 
Need some help setting up Vbar Neo Express with Trex 450L Dominator
16.07.2021 12:33:42
Hello,
Sorry for writing English although I know most people here are German... I'm from France and I'm currently trying to set up a second hang Align 450L heli.
It was equipped with a Vbar Neo instead of the original 3GX flb module.
I'm quite a beginner (flew already some flybarred small helis and practice in simulator), and I miss some basis with FBL heli, especially how to program flight modes.
According to all what I already read on that theme, I assumed I could get a "beginner" normal flight mode where the throttle is mixed with pitch on the THR stick.
The problem is that I can't fing a way to get this in the Vbar configuration wizard. I only can get a constant motor speed (Idle-up mode) which obviously can be different for each bank, but I can't find a way to get a proportional throttle control (that I could set with curve and mixing in my radio)...

Could someone please help me to understand how this can be achieved with Vbar Neo?
Re: Need some help setting up Vbar Neo Express with Trex 450L Dominator
16.07.2021 13:46:21
Hi,

no worries about language smiling smiley

As long as we understand each other, it's OK. And if something is unclear, please ask!

Now, on today's helicopters, with collective pitch control, you use either the governor of the ESC itself, or a governor like the VBar Governor.
Manual spoolup, or a combined collective/throttle stick, is a thing of the past (or for nitros, which are also a thing soon to become a thing of the past grinning smiley).

With both governor options, you have a soft spool up, then a governed head speed. You can concentrate on your flying, you do not have to mess with throttle curves. In my opinion a big improvement, particularly for beginners.
You also have no throttle or rpm changes when you climb or descend, or land, it's just constant.

Of course you can harness a horse to your Tesla, but in 2021 I'd let bygones be bygones winking smiley and move with the times.

Speaking of horses, connect your ESC to AUX3 on your VBar NEO, assign the throttle channel from your radio there, and you have direct throttle control, without the VBar NEO interfering.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 16.07.2021 13:47 von Eddi E. aus G..
16.07.2021 18:28:26
Okay thank you Eddi for this information smiling smiley
I am a bit confused as I read many topics and watched some Youtube videos / tutos where it was stated that a "normal" mode would be programmed with mixed throttle / pitch curves... I admit it was quite assuring to me to have full throttle range control with the stick in order to "feel" better the behavior of the heli. But I might mistaken. Especially as I also know that higher head speed implies greater stability. It seems there are 2 schools...

So this changes all my mind about the way to program flight modes eye rolling smiley

It also leads me to a second interrogation: What is the "ideal" way to program my radio switches for controlling motor and flight modes?
According to the VBar programming software, I understand we have one 3 pos. switch for "Motor" with states Stop/Idle/Run and another one for Bank switching.
I assume the Stop position is for motor cut (no power). What is then expected for "Idle" and "Run"? And is there any relation between these and the Bank 1-3?

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 16.07.2021 22:07 von eubkd.
19.07.2021 10:09:22
Hi,

no worries. This internet thing can confuse you easily grinning smiley especially since it doesn't forget, and since it can be hard to tell right from wrong, good from not-so-good, or one school from the other ^^

But back to topic: ideal way:

We have implemented a logic with a motor switch (OFF/IDLE/ON) where OFF means off, IDLE means a low throttle (like nitro idle, during autorotations), and ON means an rpm preset or a throttle value (like horizontal throttle line).
The rpm presets / throttle values are programmed per Bank (flight condition, so the other tool in the logic is a bank or flight mode switch.

The relation is, in ON, we use the throttle preset from either Bank, 1-2-3.

Basically, you'd select your type of radio/receiver, assign the control channels (aileron/elevator/tail/collective) as well as two separate (!) switching channels to address motor (OFF/IDLE/ON) and bank (1-2-3), and maybe a third separate switching channel, to address Rescue (Beginner-OFF-Rescue).

The switching channels can be your original gyro channel and flap or gear channel, where you can program positions per flight mode in your radio (to synchronize with banks in the VBar).

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
23.07.2021 00:38:18
OK thank you Eddi,
Things get much clearer like this smiling smiley
I have to connect to the Vbar again to see for the throttle levels then.
I probably will have to come back for some precisions about autorotation... winking smiley

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 23.07.2021 00:38 von eubkd.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login