Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

VBar Neo August firmware download

geschrieben von williambarnett 
VBar Neo August firmware download
10.08.2020 21:43:36
Hello All,
Just upgraded two of my Neo's this morning.
The Anti gravity lightening seems to be working on the heli's now.
However, the lightening setting is not showing on my computer software program
program version 6.3.1 2010 2016
VControl version 6.3.53
Is there a version of the graphic with a slider to set from the pc?

Thanks,
William in south africa
RV
Re: VBar Neo August firmware download
10.08.2020 23:01:30
Hello William,

the 2 new parameters can only be accessed with a VBar Control or VBar Control touch.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
11.08.2020 09:56:27
Hello Rainer,
Thanks for the quick reply.
What should I do now with my helicopters that have changed their flight characteristics?
I found yesterday that there was way too much upward input when flying inverted.
I use an old Spektrum dx7 transmitter.

Are there other users who have found this an issue?

Regards,

William
MGU
11.08.2020 10:49:36
After an update of the NEO both values should be disabled by default. At least in my cause both values were set to 0 and there was no change in flight characteristics.
11.08.2020 11:27:13
Hi William,

on a non VLink, you might have to create a new setup to disable those values, or set defaults, in case the values are now off (lightness/Anti Gravity affect collective, so I'd guess there are off values in the parameters, for whatever reason.

Save your current setup first, so you can check and copy values you have already tuned (trim values, auto trim values, values for collective and cyclic, tail limits, things that didn't change mechanically).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
11.08.2020 12:56:00
Hello Eddi,

does that mean that finally all non-VLink-users will be locked out of all new developments on the NEO or does it only mean that the new PC/Mac software is not yet ready?

Ciao
Michael
11.08.2020 15:00:45
Hi Michael,

as of now, these new parameters can only be set with VBar Control, I'm afraid.

I'm not current with the status or development of the computer software, but I can try and find out more.

What I did just find out is that what I suggested will probably not work :-/ could be that right now, someone with a VBar Control and a Receiver Satellite has to dial those false/erratic values out, which should not be there in the first place anyway.

I already told my colleague who's also working with the computer software.

Sorry for that inconvenience :-/ we're on it. It's a rare thing I guess, else the uproar would have been tremendous already.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
11.08.2020 19:19:45
Hi Eddi,

thx for your kind reply... but in the end: i can not update my bunch of (almost brand new, less than 1 yr old) Neos w/ Pro Rescue to newest firmware 6.4... just because i might risk to get one of the newest features activated and i will not be able to deactivate it myself. because now i DO need a VBC(T) to use it and no one warned about this before. this is not what was advertised in all of Mikados documents... i would have NEVER bought them with that information in my hands.

i am sorry, but this is unacceptable... ready for update as they become available, easy setup using either VBar Control or a Windows/Macintosh computer... not true anymore?

Ciao
Michael

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 11.08.2020 19:20 von R@VBar.
12.08.2020 09:24:38
Hi Michael,

for the time being, please do not update any more units.

In most cases, there seem to be no issues (else my ears would be ringing already, after almost two weeks), but there's a latent risk.

I'm on it, and I am sure we will get this sorted out, one way or another. Of course we'd like you to switch to VBar Control, but there's no conspiracy behind it where we make it worse than before ... it's just a bug which must be weeded out, and then it's at least as good as before, even though—now or in the future—it may happen some developments/features will be limited to VBar Control.

On the other hand, even with the state of 6.3, there's nothing wrong to continue using your NEOs smiling smiley
Same as with 5.3 units, or even older ones. Still as good as they were, at their time.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
15.08.2020 22:03:39
16.08.2020 14:54:09
thx a lot, Uli... great to read this!

Michael
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login