Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

I would like to use Switch 4(Opt 1) and Switch 5(Opt 2) for mixing

geschrieben von GeneG 
I would like to use Switch 4(Opt 1) and Switch 5(Opt 2) for mixing
09.08.2021 04:10:31
I would like to use Switch 4(Option 1) to mix pitch coupling compensation
on my pattern aerobatic aircraft.

Pitch coupling being when I have this function enabled...and I input rudder, a slight
amount of either positive or negative elevator is coupled to the rudder input....
(perhaps using a v-curve) depending upon my aircraft.

I would also like to use Switch 5(Option 2) to mix roll coupling compensation.

Roll coupling being when I have this separate function enabled....and I input rudder, a
slight amount of either left or right aileron is coupled to the rudder input(perhaps
also using a v-curve), depending upon the characteristics of my aircraft.

I would like these functions to be on separate switches so that these two functions can
be switched on/off independent of each other.....depending on the flight characteristics
of my aircraft.

After using the Buddy Switch to implement a "snap roll" function(MC27 - 36), I only have macrocells
MC37, 38, 39, and 40 left to work with.

Can these 2 functions be implemented as described?

And could the settings of these 4 macrocells be displayed in order to accomplish this,
for ease of my setting this up?

Thanks very much for any help.
Re: I would like to use Switch 4(Opt 1) and Switch 5(Opt 2) for mixing
09.08.2021 10:50:06
Hi Gene,

can't tell what other macrocells you might have available for use, e.g E1/xxx or E2/xxx can also be used, for calculations, if no servos are connected to the physical outputs on an existing Extender 1 or 2.

In general, I'd try it this way:

. make the servo output where mixing should happen a Multiplexer cell, assign the switch in question, and select the original function w/ magic (e.g. Elevator, FC Elev) for the switch positions where it should apply.

. For the switch position where the coupling should happen, I would select a yet unused cell, make it a mixer cell, and mix what I want to be mixed, e.g. FC Elev w/ FC Tail (so also the magic will interact), or with Tail (so only the stick will interact).

. To bring it one step further, you could mix with another yet free cell, and tweak that input w/ a curve.

Theoretically, two extra cells each would do, one mix and one curve.

Practically, I can not tell what other programming there is already, and how to thread in that extra mixing there.
I can also not tell if this will work for both ailerons, or for two elevator servos, if, or if you would need one such daisy chain of cells each, or even a channel cell at the actual servo output to adjust it precisely.
If these four cells have no settings yet, whatever you do in there will not yet interfere with your current programming.
But if you include them into your physical outputs (CH1 for default elevator, CH2/CH3 for default ailerons), and if there is programming already in these cells ... you'd have to re-think.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
09.08.2021 18:43:51
Hi, Eddi

I forgot to add that I am using 2 elevator servos(channel 1 and channel 4)....and 2
aileron servos(channel 2 and channel 3).

At present, only macrocells MC27 through MC36 are used(for implementing a snap-roll function using the "Buddy Switch"winking smiley.

So, MC37 through MC40 are available.

I didn't know I could use the extender channels 1 & 2, since those ports are not connected to anything.

But, I would like to use separate switches to keep these two additional functions separate because
that would simplify the trimming of my aircraft if the aircraft either rolls with rudder input..... or pitches with
rudder input...or both.

I wish I could understand how macrocells work better than I do.....lol
10.08.2021 10:05:00
Hi Gene,

Quote:
GeneG
I wish I could understand how macrocells work better than I do.....lol

Wax on, wax off smiling smiley knowledge comes with practice.

The things you are already doing are pretty sophisticated, and weaving in yet another extra (particularly: separately switchable, and modifiable with a curve) there can make it even more gordian knot-like smiling smiley

If you just want to mix Rudder to Elevator, or Rudder to Aileron, with a percentage value, it's in the Setup / wing mixer (right click/long tap).
But ... more bells and whistles require more ropes, more pulleys ^^
I'd be curious how these mixers would look like, in a Red Bull aerobatic plane, with mechanical mixing grinning smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
10.08.2021 21:04:33
If you just want to mix Rudder to Elevator, or Rudder to Aileron, with a percentage value, it's in the Setup / wing mixer (right click/long tap).
But ... more bells and whistles require more ropes, more pulleys ^^
I'd be curious how these mixers would look like, in a Red Bull aerobatic plane, with mechanical mixing grinning smiley

I don't understand what you mean by "it's in the Setup / wing mixer (right click/long tap).

The purpose of all this is to:

1)Implement a "snap-roll" function which is not present on the VCT system....on conventional aircraft TX's there is a snap-roll switch for this function.

2)Also, an RC acrobatic aircraft might have the flight characteristic such that it pitches to the aircraft's belly and/or canopy depending on which direction rudder input is applied. So, to eliminate this effect, a rudder to elevator mixing switch is used to compensate for this effect, as is present on a conventional aircraft TX.

3) In addition, an RC acrobatic aircraft might also have the flight characteristic such that when rudder is applied the aircraft might roll with (Proverse Roll) or against(Adverse Roll) the rudder input. So, to eliminate this effect, another switch is used to mix rudder with ailerons to compensate for this effect, as is present on a conventional aircraft TX.

4) If these issues are not present, then one would not enable the switch/switches during the aerobatic flight.

So, I am trying to make my VCT TX act like a conventional airplane TX, if possible.

Thanks for your understanding of these issues.
11.08.2021 11:38:13
Hi Gene,

Quote:
GeneG
I don't understand what you mean by "it's in the Setup / wing mixer (right click/long tap).

Some statements make me wonder ... no offense, it's just like I'm ... oh ... OK?

See attachments.

I understand the physics, and I understand that you have to compensate for all kinds of effects, during flight, and I understand that it's easier to have ratios / mixers dialled in, instead of doing it all manually. That's not the point smiling smiley

Aircraft radios have umpteen years of experience and development in their software.
We have quite some experience with rotary aircraft, I dare say smiling smiley

But even in our Aircraft programming, the most basic mixing needs are already covered in VPlane and VBasic (fixed ratios per control function/control surface).
And if you want to have it switchable, or adjustable (e.g. with a curve), there are Macrocells.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 11.08.2021 11:40 von Eddi E. aus G..

Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login