Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

The agility parameter doesn't work given my situation

geschrieben von GeneG 
The agility parameter doesn't work given my situation
08.07.2021 15:54:05
With the excellent help from RV, I had set up my NEO VBasic Vlink for use with my pattern aircraft
control functions.

This set up included implementing, using the Buddy Box 3-position spring loaded switch,
a "Snaproll" function, a rudder to pitch coupling compensation function, and a rudder to
pitch AND roll coupling compensation function.

The steps to set this up were explained in some other threads in this forum section.

These functions work well on my VCT with the exception of this 1 strange issue.

Before, I could use the "Agility" settings to vary the amount of control surface
deflection between the banks 1, 2, and 3.

This issue is that now the Agility settings cannot be changed between banks 1, 2, and 3.

In setting up the control surface throws, I used to be able to change the control surface deflection
amounts between banks 1 thru 3. Such as in bank 1, I would have +/- 15 degrees on the elevator,
in bank 2...+/- 12 degrees, and in bank 3....+/-10 degrees.

After the above implementation using the Buddy Box switch, I cannot vary the control surface deflection
amount using the Agility values as I once was able to do.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks for your help.
RV
Re: The agility parameter doesn't work given my situation
08.07.2021 20:03:35
Could you add your current setup and MC files so i can load them?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
08.07.2021 20:06:42
Hi, RV

Can you see them from my Cloud?

Thanks
RV
08.07.2021 20:07:33
I could - how are they named?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
08.07.2021 21:06:14
Hi, RV

Correction.....the Agility(banks 1 thru3) works with the ailerons but not with the elevators.

Just wanted to be perfectly clear.

Thanks
RV
08.07.2021 23:06:49
Please use FC Elev on MC37 as Input instead of Elevator (Raw Stick);-)

FC= Flight Control.

Rainer Vetter

09.07.2021 00:15:42
Thanks, RV

Will do and report back.

As my OCD kicked in, I am generating a detailed manual for this Nuance G2 pattern aircraft....lol
09.07.2021 14:55:49
Hi, RV

I made the change to use "FC Elev" on MC37 as input instead of "Elevator" as you suggested.

Am leaving the VCT system on so the data can be uploaded to the "cloud".

Please let me know what else I need to do to have the "Elevator Agility" parameter values
to work.

Thanks very much.
RV
09.07.2021 19:08:03
IMHO nothing else to do, did you check?

Rainer Vetter

13.07.2021 00:13:50
Hi, RV

Thanks for your help. Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, but I am dealing
with a roof leak and also had to replace the brake pads on my vehicle.

I did check....so I guess I will have to increase/decrease elevator throw via
the control throw menu...as needed.

One other question.....

The elevator, aileron, and rudder "trim wheels" don't work any more. They used to work before
the snap roll, pitch compensation, and pitch/roll compensation mixing was set up using the macrocells.

I had them set such that they acted like legacy "trim wheels" on other types
of TXs.

I prefer this type of trimming over the "auto trim" function.

Old habits die hard....lol

Thanks
13.07.2021 06:24:48
Hi, RV

Something odd about this VCT...or something I have done incorrectly.

Other than the last change you recommended, I have changed nothing.

I wrote down test results using the 3 bank positions, each bank having
slightly different agility settings.....with bank 1 being the most "agile"
and bank 3 being the least agile.

a) Snap Roll(On Buddy Box 1 position switch against the spring)
Bank 1 - Left Aileron
Up Elevator
Left Rudder

Correct Movement

Bank 2 - Right Aileron
Down Elevator
Right Rudder

Incorrect Movement - Opposite way from desired movement

Bank 3 - No Snap Roll movement at all

Not good.

b) Knife Edge Rudder to Pitch Compensation(Buddy Box Low position)
Bank 1, Bank 2, and Bank 3 all the same:

Left Rudder > Up Elevator
Right Rudder > Down Elevator

Would like to be able to change Up/Down Elevator(via the bank) depending on Rudder input
to trim these various issues on my pattern aircraft.

c) Knife Edge Rudder to Roll AND Pitch Compensation(Buddy Box Mid Position)
Bank 1, Bank 2, and Bank 3 all the same:

Left Rudder > Left Aileron and Up Elevator
Right Rudder > Right Aileron and Down Elevator

Would like to be able to change Up/Down Elevator depending on Rudder input
AND to change Right/Left Aileron depending on Rudder input(via the bank)
to trim these various issues on my pattern aircraft.

d) Agility
Bank 1, Bank 2, Bank3....in both Up/Down Elevator
and Left/Right Aileron directions....Agility vs Bank varies as it should.

I saved the VCT settings and the VCT macrocell setup for this NEO
Vbasic Vlink RX.

Can you see anything that is incorrect, RV?

Thanks for your help on this and the legacy trim issue.

Cheers
RV
13.07.2021 22:20:32
I love flying helicopters - it is way easier than this complicated planks ... ;-)

Sorry - this ends up in beeing to complicated for me. I can't understand some intentions here, i do not fly planes and have no idea why this must be so complicated. I guess the plane guys fly with flipping switches instead of moving the sticks ;-)

But - i will do one last round here, if it helps okay - if not - i am out.

Could you please store the setup and macros in current version new to VBCt/Cloud - so i can have a look later this week what i can see w/o plane here, just watching the cells.

Rainer Vetter

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.07.2021 22:21 von RV.
14.07.2021 01:12:41
No, we do use the sticks....I just use 2 different switches....not really that complicated compared
to some of the other plane setups I see questions on.

I was just trying to provide concise info to as specific as I could to provide any necessary info.....lol

"Could you please store the setup and macros in current version new to VBCt/Cloud - so i can have a look later this week what i can see w/o plane here, just watching the cells."

How do I store my latest setup to the "cloud"?

Be just turning the VCT and NEO on and let it "sit" for several minutes?

If so, I will do that now.

Thanks
RV
15.07.2021 19:26:32
Just connect the model, save the VPLane Setup and the MC Setup to VBC. Then disconnect the model, wait a few minutes (keep VBCt on) and the files should appear in the cloud.

Rainer Vetter

24.07.2021 08:19:11
Thanks for your help, RV

smileys with beer
26.07.2021 02:35:00
I finally got the agility parameter function correctly, but I am not completely sure how
I corrected it. For one thing, I "spaced" the agility values so that they weren't "tightly" spaced together
between Banks 1, 2 and 3.

Also, to get the trim wheels to work like legacy radio systems, one must have the "Par Lock" setting
set to "off"....or it won't work.

The "Snap-Roll", "Knife Edge Pitch Mix", and the "Knife Edge Pitch AND Roll Mix" now function correctly
along with the "trim".

I had some settings, such as directions backwards.

There is only one issue left that I can't seem to solve....and that is...

For instance, when I use the rudder.....and I want to correct for the aircraft pitching to its "belly"
with the application of both right and left rudder...by adding a slight amount of "up" elevator....it
works for say "right rudder", but when I apply "left rudder"....the pitch compensation performs
"down elevator".....and not also "up" elevator.

And try as I have, I cannot get the pitch to go in the "up" elevator direction in both directions of
rudder input.

I almost think it is impossible to do so.

I again wonder what I am doing wrong....lol

Thanks for the help.

I'm almost there....lol
RV
26.07.2021 20:28:02
Quote:
And try as I have, I cannot get the pitch to go in the "up" elevator direction in both directions of
rudder input.

There must be a "V"_shaped curve in between the chain before feeding the rudder to elevator.

Rainer Vetter

29.07.2021 06:43:40
I don't know what you mean.

I know what a "V Curve" is.

"in between the chain before feeding the rudder to elevator." .....I don't understand what that means.

My rudder to pitch coupling is:

Section 3)

This procedure describes how to setup the VCT Switch 1(Buddy Switch) to compensate for knife edge flight pitch coupling. This coupling can cause the aircraft to pitch to the aircraft’s belly and/or to the aircraft’s canopy when rudder is applied.

A) Edit macro-cell MC37/NN and make it a Mixer cell and assign FC Tail to Input 1. Using the slider, adjust the value to the amount of pitch compensation desired. A value of + or - is used to add compensation for either pitch up or pitch down when left rudder or right rudder is applied.

Then assign FC Elev to Input 2 and assign its value 100 using the slider.

When the VCT Switch 1(Buddy Switch) is in the lower position only the pitch coupling compensation is enabled.

Note:
When rudder is applied in one direction, the pitch compensation is either up or down depending upon the + or – value assigned, but when rudder is applied in the other direction, the pitch compensation occurs in the opposite direction.

How can you make a Mixer a VCurve?

Thanks for your help?
03.08.2021 01:52:04
Thanks, RV

I made the Mixer cells into Curve cells.

And then adjusted the curves to add pitch coupling on MC37 and to add both pitch and roll coupling
on MC39.

Works great.

And also, by making such changes and making either curve "flat" at "0", I can eliminate either pitch coupling
or roll coupling...or both....depending upon the flight characteristics of my particular aircraft....with the
position of the "Buddy Switch".

So now I have just the "Buddy Switch" for flight characteristics....the "Bank Switch" for amount of throws...and the "Motor Switch" to ensure the motor is off(besides the just throttle stick for safety).
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login