Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Mini Avanti S Macrocell setup

geschrieben von Igor Nack 
Mini Avanti S Macrocell setup
02.09.2015 17:53:23
Hello,

Just finished to build Mini Avanti S EDF Jet from Sebart with two NEO's on the board. It was interesting to understand how Macrocell works, setups on concrete example. So, I will try to explain my setup.
First, some photos outside and inside of a plane. I changed a bit some parts already included in the kit, because I prefer to have excellent setup for every models.
Now about setup.
1. Some words about Mini Avanti S configuration:
We have following needed channels:
- 2 channels for Right and Left Ailerons
- 2 channels for Right and Left Elevator
- 2 channels for Right and Left Flaps
- 1 channel for Rudder
- 1 channel for ESC
- 1 channel for LG retracts
- 1 channel for front LG doors (connected via Y-cable)
I decided to uninstall Door sequencer box, which was inside Avanti S kit, and realize all functions for retracts and front LG doors via NEO Macrocell mode too. Therefore, we have totally 10 needed channels. That is why I used two NEO’s with Interbus connections.

www.mikado-heli.ru

Re: Mini Avanti S Macrocell setup
02.09.2015 18:13:37
1. Elevator
- We have one servo on every part of Elevator. I decided to use 2 Extender channels because I would like to have separate setup for Right and Left Elevator parts (0 and end points). Input on both channels is FC Elev because we need Gyro Banked setup for Elevator.

www.mikado-heli.ru

02.09.2015 18:14:14
2. Rudder
- Here all clear. I have basic Tail channel for Rudder

www.mikado-heli.ru

02.09.2015 18:14:46
3. Ailerons
- The same basic setup as for Rudder – default channels Ch 2 and Ch 3. According with Mini Avanti S manual, I added 10% differential setup for Ailerons.

www.mikado-heli.ru

02.09.2015 18:15:52
4. Flaps
- I have CH 1 and CH 4 for Right and Left Flaps. Both channels have an Input from Cell 27 and Cell 35 accordingly. Cell 27 and 35 have Threelevel setup which controls via Sw Op 2. Therefore, we have 3 flight modes for Flaps (Flight, Takeoff and Landing). Flaps angle changes according with 3 levels on both Cell 27 and Cell 35.

www.mikado-heli.ru

02.09.2015 18:18:05
5. LG retracts and door sequencer
- It was really interesting for me. When I began to setup this plane, I was not sure I could generate Door sequencer function. However, I have done it.
- First and important part is front LG doors, because we need following function for front LG and doors open and close:
Doors closed (Normal position)  Doors open and delayed  front LG opens after delay, needed for Doors opening  Doors closed.
- So, let we go. Doors connected to E1 ESC Extender channel, which have Input from Cell 30. Cell 30 is a Curve cell where we define how Doors will open/close when input signal for Cell 30 changed. Next, we need to setup Cell 29 as input signal for Cell 30. We need to add delay for Channel 29 for slow Cell 30 Input signal movement to receive slow outside signal for Doors open/close. However, if we will control Cell 29 by some Switch as Input we will not have enough input signal range for Cell 30. That is why I added Cell 28 which setup as a Trigger Cell and have an Input from Sw Op1. Now it works fine.

www.mikado-heli.ru

02.09.2015 18:19:45
- Now Front LG. It connected to E1 CH3 Extender channel. We need a delay for open/close LG for correct Doors open/close procedure. E1 CH3 channel has an Input from Cell 31 which setup as Trigger (Input from Sw Op 1) and has delay more than delay, which we setup in Doors channel.

www.mikado-heli.ru

02.09.2015 18:20:56
6. Steering for front LG.
- I made the same setup as described Rainer, but added different steering range for Takeoff/Landing and movement on the runaway. To do it I added two additional Cell 36 and Cell 37 where I define steering level from Tail signal, next I added Multiplexer Cell 38 (Input from Sw Op 2, the same as for Flaps) and Mixed this Signal together with FC Tail signal in Cell 32.
That is all. It was interesting project. First test flights on this weekend.

www.mikado-heli.ru

RV
02.09.2015 20:38:07
WOhooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Igor - you got it!

i am curious about the tests ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
RV
02.09.2015 20:41:32
One note on the Flaps:

In your solution you use 2 others as 3-Level for the switch. This can also be done by one 3-Level - used on both Outputs as Input. Center and endpoints are set in the output channel cell then to equalize both sides.

You can also use a channel cell for this as output directly - and select a switch as input. The center and endpoints are your 3 positions for each flap with a VBC switch. So at the end - both 3-levels were obsolete ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 02.09.2015 20:45 von RV.
RV
02.09.2015 20:48:50
And Igor - i am very curious to see this working here on my bench! - Can you please share the Vplane and Makrocells setup file as zip here?

(my neighbour gets the servos tomorrow for me ...)

Rainer Vetter

02.09.2015 22:16:30
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One note on the Flaps:
>
> In your solution you use 2 others as 3-Level for
> the switch. This can also be done by one 3-Level -
> used on both Outputs as Input. Center and
> endpoints are set in the output channel cell then
> to equalize both sides.

I decided to use 2 Cells as 3-Level because I would like to have separate setup for Right and Left Flap. It is habit from a plane :-)

www.mikado-heli.ru
02.09.2015 22:17:25
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Igor - i am very curious to see this working
> here on my bench! - Can you please share the
> Vplane and Makrocells setup file as zip here?
>
> (my neighbour gets the servos tomorrow for me ...)

Will do it tomorrow.

www.mikado-heli.ru
03.09.2015 12:16:12
My setup files for Macrocell and Mini Avanti S model

www.mikado-heli.ru
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - NEO Macrocell Mini AvantiS setup.zip (859 bytes)
RV
03.09.2015 21:15:29
+1 - got it and shot a small video - will upload here first.

Rainer Vetter

RV
03.09.2015 23:37:05
German:
https://youtu.be/atVg1Rp2q8E

English:
https://youtu.be/dVUeKEbYkxw

Rainer Vetter

04.09.2015 08:36:28
_Very_ impressive!

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
04.09.2015 12:49:46
I made a shot videos how it works on real plane:

LG and Door sequencer:

https://youtu.be/O1BIaSzp-oY

Flaps:

https://youtu.be/4jI3z6rUm5g

www.mikado-heli.ru

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 04.09.2015 17:07 von Igor Nack.
05.09.2015 09:39:28
Hi Igor,

cool...hope to get the mini Avanti at Jetpower faire in about two weeks.

Would be awesome when you got your Setup Numbers for Gain and so on, when you have flown it.

When I got time, I will see how your Setup works on my bigger Avanti S smiling smiley

Bye René
05.09.2015 12:41:36
Hi René,

I will do it, not a problem. But we have so rainy weather at the moment, so my plans for maiden flight on this weekend under big question ;-(

www.mikado-heli.ru
03.10.2015 16:58:41
So, maiden flight done. It was first flight on EDF Jet plane for me. But it was cool. A am absolutely happy how NEO works on this plane.
Mini Avanti S maiden flight

www.mikado-heli.ru

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 03.10.2015 16:59 von Igor Nack.
RV
04.10.2015 12:40:03
Well done!!!

Rainer Vetter

20.07.2016 18:54:57
Any changes to you setup? My mini Avanti gets here Monday and I want to use your setup.

PS what fan and motor?

Whats are your gains?

Thank you Igor
15.08.2018 15:37:53
How do youo copy and use the setup files onto a Vbar Control?
15.08.2018 15:39:46
Hi,

VBar Control creates folder for setup files, e.g. /vbar for heli files, /vplane for airplane files.
Save from an existing VBar and you will see.

You can copy the files from there to your computer, to share, or you can copy files there, and load them again into a VBar.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
19.08.2018 12:31:19
Hi Eddi,

One more and hopefully the last question. I downloaded the setup and Macrocell files, and when I installed the setup file on my Touch I lost the drive type, Just got a '?' and the select button didn't change it so I coudnt choose electric plane ec. Without the Avanti set up file, ie just doing it normally, there was no problem. How do I rescue the drive type and use this setup file?
20.08.2018 09:02:15
Hi,

can you please elaborate, and attach the file? I take it you loaded foreign files, not files you did save on the same VBar/radio? Can you tell from which version NEO / VBar Control it was?

I'm not sure if there could be something, but maybe, in some configurations, parameters are different and do not copy properly from older versions to newer ones (would be a first!).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
20.08.2018 10:27:08
Hi,

The files are Igor’s from this thread. I downloaded onto a Touch then on to a brand new up to date Neo.
20.08.2018 13:57:09
Hi again,

did you do a setup before, just click through and confirm? Without that, maybe it's only some factory parameters missing.

Always do a dummy setup first before loading a previously saved setup.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
20.08.2018 15:59:36
Well, I did a factory set up, chose the drive, etc, and with a native setup, everything was fine. It’s only with Igor’s file that this happ3ns
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login