Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nitro gov IDLE setting

Posted by Vinger 
Nitro gov IDLE setting
August 25, 2023 11:58AM
The nitro idle could always be adjusted via a poti as per attached screen grab from vstabi instructions. It is no no longer an option in the VBC with either a Neo or an Evo with nitro gov selected.

Is this setting available somewhere else or how can a poti be assigned permanently to a poti?

Thanks all.

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter

RV
Re: Nitro gov IDLE setting
August 25, 2023 08:01PM
This needed to be removed for "straightening" the throttle handling in general before VBC touch release.

So - just open the idle panel and rotate a poti, this assignes for the current flight.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 26, 2023 05:01AM
Thanks Rainer.

Maybe update of the information on the site should be considered as lots of people are following the setup guidance here.

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
October 24, 2023 06:06AM
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This needed to be removed for "straightening" the
> throttle handling in general before VBC touch
> release.
>
> So - just open the idle panel and rotate a poti,
> this assignes for the current flight.

Hi Rainer

It seems as if the pot adjustment is no longer available for the global idle adjustment as it would be for the VBCt/VBCe. Any possibility to get this function back or a how to do it with a Neo/Evo connected?

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
October 24, 2023 06:31AM
Pleas use the "Parameter Modify" App ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 24, 2023 03:37PM
RV Wrote:
> Pleas use the "Parameter Modify" App ;-)

Hi Rainer

I know this is on the VBCt/VBCe but cannot find it on the VBC. Looked at the shop but there are no app for the VBC with that name.

Hints on where to find it on the VBC please?

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
October 24, 2023 05:54PM
Sorry... thought it was VBCe or t.

Just open the Idee panel and Touch a knob.

Rainer Vetter

October 25, 2023 04:54AM
Hi Rainer

That is how it used to work but not anymore so somewhere things changed as it is currently not possible with a fully updated VBC and Neo or Evo. Can you please check your side maybe something changed in the software. thumbs up

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
October 27, 2023 04:38AM
Hi Rainer

Any update on this as the customers are asking about it?

Thanks

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
October 27, 2023 06:59PM
Hello Peter,

it works as it should.

Have a look at the screenshots - i touched one of the potis ...

Rainer Vetter

October 28, 2023 06:04AM
Hi Rainer
Thanks for the effort. With my own VBC and a Neo with VBar gov nitro selected it does not take the potis for the idle setting global. The VBC is fully updated to 1.1-1132 and the Neo is fully updated with a valid setup. The customer in the US have the same problem with it, also fully updated.

Maybe I am not understanding the setup. There are no place to activate the potis in the TX Setup so it seems as if the potis are not available for any function. The apps for Vbar N-governor and Pro functions are all loaded.

Is there any way to check if potis are working because even in other menus they do not activate to adjust the numbers, while it did work before?

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
October 28, 2023 08:15AM
[quote]Is there any way to check if potis are working because even in other menus they do not activate to adjust the numbers, while it did work before?/quote]

Connect a model, create a Macrocell "cannel" with Poti input on a unused output, connect a servo ...

Let them check for memory on the harddisk. They might have probably a lot of logs and screenshots stored.

Rainer Vetter

October 29, 2023 02:46PM
Hi Rainer

Thanks, we did check the space and there are no screenshots and only about 5 models and batteries, so ample space on the VBC.

Did check through macrocells that the potis work as they should, but the poti 1 or 2 cannot adjust idle global setting at all. Did check that macrocells were cleared and Neo or Evo were restarted.

This has me stumped for sure. As a last resort I formatted my own VBC to have nothing on it except the test Vbars, but still no poti adjustment possible of the idle.

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
October 29, 2023 07:02PM
Which serial number do those VBC's have?
Which System version is loaded and displayed?

Rainer Vetter

October 30, 2023 04:50AM
Hi Rainer

We can work with mine serial# 10001055 Version 1.1-1132. Will get the version from the customer in the US later for you.

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
October 30, 2023 08:42AM
Is this working e.g. with tail gain?

If not - have a look at the switches in TX setup - local sw. - the par lock sw must be "open". Set it to the value below or assign a switch for enabling and disabling ... but remember which one ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2023 08:46AM by RV.
October 31, 2023 02:50AM
Hi Rainer

Yes I have parameter lock active on my VBC but I do have it open when trying to select the IDLE setting. It does not work on the gains either.
PAR Lock switch and SAFETY switch is active for flying, but with MOTOR off I have it switch to SAFETY ON and PAR Lock off. So it should be working on the ground when you want to start the nitro motor with MOTOR OFF and PAR/SAFETY set to OFF and ON. Always have had my switches this way even on the VBCt and VBCe where the IDLE slider is set on the HOME screen.

Still a mystery why it would not engage the potis. sad smiley

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
October 31, 2023 08:05AM
please take a screenshot of all your switches and add it here. So i can try to set min up the same way.

Rainer Vetter

November 01, 2023 04:43AM
Hi Rainer

Attached are the switch assignment. Will format the my VBC again later today and revert back if anything changes.

Thanks again
Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter

RV
November 01, 2023 09:08AM
Ahhh .. someone with a security switch at the same one and in opposite direction! - Please set up in a useful combination ... with this one you can only alter by potis when the padlock sign (security, motor off with this switch) is there => NONSENSE!

Quote:
Will format the my VBC again later today and revert back if anything changes.

Do NOTHING except what i advise here! I makes it random for me to follow !!!!!!!

Rainer Vetter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2023 09:12AM by RV.
November 01, 2023 04:05PM
Hi Rainer padlock is open with safety switch on. I have used it like this since it came out and also on my VBCt and VBCe.

So my use is SAFETY ON and PAR LOCK OFF in then I can adjust parameters like nitro idle etc. Once ready to fly I switch SAFETY OFF which then locks the PAR LOCK so that no parameters can be adjusted while flying.

I have not formatted my VBC so we can continue with the fault finding.

Pic attached which shows PAR LOCK OPEN and SAFETY ON, so in this configuration I have always been able to adjust via POTI. Since the last update for VBar Evo use something changed and it took a customer from the USA to point this out to me so I hauled out my VBC to check and found the same.

Even if I set the PAR LOCK on another switch (used switch 3) it shows PAR LOCK OPEN but still no Poti for adjustment. The potis work as input in the macrocells no problem. It is just the adjustments that is not kicking in when you have a dialog box open.

Thanks again for your patience, this has me stumped as well because it worked perfectly before as well as with my other Vbar Controls.

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter

RV
November 01, 2023 05:22PM
Does it work when you set it to the values in my screenshots above? - so no switch is used.

Rainer Vetter

November 02, 2023 04:22AM
Hi Rainer

No it does not pick up the IDLE setting.

Just my observation on the VBC, the padlock is only for the safety switch and the PAR LOCK does not change the padlock. If I remember correctly from previous use of my VBC that has always been like that, the THROTTLE value on the home screen shows the padlock inside the bar until you go to safety OFF. The PAR LOCK switch does not change the padlock sign and it makes sense in that way to me. The talking switch voice works perfectly and announce PARAMETER LOCK ON when I switch it to ON for flying, so at least it works in that way.

Will take one of my test Neos and do a complete new setup and see if anything changes.

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
November 02, 2023 06:38AM
My point about those switch assignments have been - they are on the same physical switch and set up in a way which allows only to assign and modify values when the safety is in "of - padlock" position which makes no sense as you weren't able to assign and alter values when the padlock is not visible.

So this is why i asked to set it to fixed ones like in my screenshot to avoid any issue with the switch setup.

Did you do this now? - It is not clear to me as you come back to a switch discussion again which is definitely not needed with fixed ones. It confuses me.

Please set up as on my shots and reply with a screenshot of yours and if it is working. Nothing else.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2023 06:40AM by RV.
November 02, 2023 06:55AM
Hi Rainer

As previously mentioned, I did set the PAR LOCK on it's own switch (switch 3) and it does show in the switch assignment menu that it is working. Connect to Neo or Evo with nitro gov and still no idle adjustment possible.

Your screenshot shows exactly the same as mine, PAR LOCK OFF and SECURITY ON so no difference there.

I think we are on a discussion to nowhere or going in circles, the bottom line is that it worked perfectly before only change that I did as well as the customer in the US was to update the VBC to allow Evo support. Both he and myself have used this setup on many occasions to set IDLE and start a nitro setup.

Anyway, thanks for all the patience.

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
November 02, 2023 06:56AM
RV Wrote:
> This needed to be removed for "straightening" the
> throttle handling in general before VBC touch
> release.
>
> So - just open the idle panel and rotate a poti,
> this assignes for the current flight.

Is this comment still valid?

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
November 02, 2023 09:32AM
To sum it up here:

- there is no general poti assignment anyomore
- a poti can be assigned and used if you touch it while the regarding value panel is open
- therefore it must be "open" as result of your switch for ParLock or fixed value
- the assignment then is for one flight
- if you assign another value to the poti it is gone of course

And this works here on my test VBC - so please confirm that there is no misunderstanding. Your question in the last post confuses me again, so please anser here for all the points above. Do not confuse me again with other ideas or things you did. Ensure 100% that the customer does ecaxtly what stated here. Let him do screenshots, ask for a clear reply. I don't trust things going over 3rd hands here especially when you seem to have the "same" trouble.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2023 09:32AM by RV.
November 02, 2023 11:23AM
Hi Rainer

Success at last. smiling bouncing smiley

Did a brand new setup on the Neo for a nitro heli. With my original switch assignment the nitro idle can now be adjusted via any of the potis. (SAFETY and PAR LOCK on switch 1)

It still does not work with the Vbar Evo but will do a brand new setup on it as well and report back. US is sleeping now so will talk to the customer later today/evening our time.

Cheers and thanks again for the patience.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
November 03, 2023 05:00AM
Hi Rainer

All sorted now, doing a new setup here on a VBar Evo also fixed the poti use, same with the customer in the US.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login