Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V Control Governor settings

Posted by Mike14755 
V Control Governor settings
August 04, 2021 09:51PM
Hello
I have Hobbywing 130A opto esc. The Hobbywing is set to plane the governor function is provided by the Vbar. The "Gov Mode is VBar e-Governor" in Governor setup on V control one of the items is "RPM range" what is this setting is for. I have been looking at the settings as I have been unable to stop the Helicopter from kicking when the motor spools up even if I reduce the "Runup Limit to 1". In the "Esc Endpoints" after calibration I have further reduced the "Low Limit" by about 15 and this does seem to help.
RV
Re: V Control Governor settings
August 05, 2021 05:54AM
The RPM Range is made for small helis to get access over 4800 RPM. On a normal one set to 4800 max.

When does it exactly kick? at the initial turns?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 06, 2021 09:57AM
Hi Rainer
yes on the initial start with the heli on grass it kicks around 30deg. Last week the heli flipped over on the spool up I have discussed it with a much more experienced pilot and he thinks the tail or a skid got caught in the grass.
RV
August 06, 2021 08:35PM
Well - this ist the task of the ESC itself. The ESC takes over to VGov later at approx. 600 RPM and when passing the min throttle limit.

Are there soft start options in the ESC config?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 06, 2021 09:50PM
In setup articles I have read for the Hobbywing they say it should be in Fixed Wing mode. But it does say in the setup that in Fixed Wing mode there is no soft start. I have attached screen shot of the setup .

RV
August 06, 2021 11:24PM
Well .. this explains it.

So - time for HW to add a soft start here ...

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login