Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does Vbc Transmit RF Signal when playing sim?

Posted by Kim Yang 
Does Vbc Transmit RF Signal when playing sim?
July 24, 2021 01:27AM
When pluging the Vbar Control to PC playing simulator, does it transimit RF Signal?
If it does, the RF signal power is liking normal flying or much less than that?
Because I play sim a lot, so i want to know about it.
Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2021 01:27AM by Kim Yang.
Re: Does Vbc Transmit RF Signal when playing sim?
July 26, 2021 11:26AM
Hello Kim Yang,

to the best of my knowledge:

If no model is bound yet, the radio afaik is not transmitting, or only 'pinging' at low power, to find ready models close by.
If you go to the Bind menu, the radio link is also weak, in bind band you only have a couple of feet range, so you can only bind what is ready and close by.

On the simulator, afaik the same. When using USB as well as when using VSim (dedicated simulator firmware, on the VSim unit, or on any legacy Mini VBar or VBar main unit with receiver satellite.

If you were using VBasic for wireless control, it would depend on the distance: as long as there's the (N) in the antenna status icon, it's (N)earfield, low power, if not, it's full range.

The radio transmits at full power when a model is bound and out of (N) range, and it will continue transmitting even if the connected VBar is switched off, for safety reasons, if there was only a loose contact for example, or if only the back link (telemetry) dropped.

Most convenient would be using Heli-X with WiFi / UDP control. No cable, no extra equipment required smiling smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login