Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

blue full Vbar + Vcontrol - having a hard time

Posted by ReadyToFly 
blue full Vbar + Vcontrol - having a hard time
March 21, 2021 06:08PM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get an old blue full vbar to work with Vcontrol.

I'm now at the point of updating the unit to version 6.0. I have to have firmware 6.0 on full Vbar to be able to fly it with Vcontrol, right?

The update failed and I'm getting the message attached.

I'm following the directions provided on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsFWLoqJ6vg&t=3s.

What am I missing, please?

Also, when they say nothing should be connected to Vbar during the update, what exactly they mean, please? What shouldn't be connected? Servos? Should the TX be powered on during the update?

I've just ran the recovery procedure, to no avail.

Thanks a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2021 06:26PM by ReadyToFly.

RV
Re: blue full Vbar + Vcontrol - having a hard time
March 21, 2021 07:44PM
Nothing except RC Power and sensor. Especially NOT a VBC sat!

Consider you will not have any USB Access after the update.

Original Videos:
https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/vbar-control-classic/video/vstabi-en

Recovery if Update failed:
https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/old-v5-vbars-archive-/video/recovery-en

Re-Enabling the Update - License Key Procedure:
https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/old-v5-vbars-archive-/video/vbar-online-update?catName=old-v5-vbars-archive-

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 22, 2021 09:32PM
Thanks, helped a lot.

One more question, please. Should the ESC esc wire be connected to the ESC port on full Vbar?

I did so, but the motor won't run.

Thanks again.
RV
March 22, 2021 09:37PM
Yes - it must be connected to the ESC output Socket as usual. In doubt connect a servo to check if it is moving when turning on the motor.

As best check this in the model setup, ESC endpoints where th collective is directly mapped to this port.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 22, 2021 10:17PM
hi,

connecting a servo do the esc port and flipping the switch to bank 2, whose output to the motor is 50%, won't cause any damage to the servo?

do you mean model setup > governor > governor endpoints? here I can only see the max and min end points, that are 100% and -100% now. what do you mean "collective is directly mapped to this port"?

thanks.
RV
March 22, 2021 10:19PM
Consider the red mark at the left border of the throttle panel ... scroll down - and read the help hints there too ;-)

Rainer Vetter

March 22, 2021 10:23PM
this is not a Vcontrol touch.
March 22, 2021 10:47PM
this is Vcontrol v1.

connecting a servo do the esc port and flipping the switch to bank 2, whose output to the motor is 50%, won't cause any damage to the servo?
RV
March 22, 2021 11:03PM
The servo doesn't care.

Model Setup - Governor - ESC Endpoints (Read the hints there before pressing Continue).

Rainer Vetter

March 23, 2021 01:26AM
Ok, the motor is finally running. In the end, it was only my dumbness the cause of the problem.

A minor question, please: when adjusting the collective endpoints to get 12 degrees of pitch, I had to increase the endpoints values to 115.

I had never needed to go that far to have 12 degrees of pitch before.

I can't find any reason for this, other than a particularity of the Align HV servos or the way full v-bar works with V-control.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
RV
March 23, 2021 06:28AM
Let me know:

- in trim - did you have 0 deg?
- did you measure the collective only in the collective screen and not in a "flyable" condition (Control loops must be disabled, this is what we do there)?
- how is the 8deg for cyclic?

Rainer Vetter

March 23, 2021 06:27PM
- in trim - did you have 0 deg?

yes.

- did you measure the collective only in the collective screen and not in a "flyable" condition (Control loops must be disabled, this is what we do there)?

yes, the collective is 12ged in the collective screen. I had to use endpoints values above 100% to get it. +106 and -117, to be precise.

- how is the 8deg for cyclic?

to get 8 degrees, I had to use a value of 110.

which port is the rpm sensor, please? is it the one with the wire connected or is it the adjacent one?

I am experiencing oscillations in the head speed. Any hint? I'm trying to run the cc edge 160a hv governor. Governor is set to "external" on vcontrol. I have gone through this procedure tenths of times before. What am I missing now? Could it be an issue with the full vbar and Vcontrol integration?
Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2021 07:53PM by ReadyToFly.
Attachments:
open | download - vbar.pdf (129.7 KB)
RV
March 23, 2021 08:39PM
Well - i would use one hole more on the servo horns. Just a geometry task ;-)

About oscillations ... which heli, headspeed, dampening, which frequency?

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login