Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scorpion / VBar Neo VLiink telemetry intermittent

Posted by darkoroje 
Scorpion / VBar Neo VLiink telemetry intermittent
October 04, 2020 05:25PM
Hello,

I have a Scorpion Tribunus 06/120 ESC connected to the Vbar Neo VLink. The connection is using a "SCORPION TRIBUNUS ESC CABLE VBAR CONTROL" standard Mikado part. When I power the helicopter I can see the Scorpion ESC on the VBar Control transmitter for a 20-30 seconds, but after that it disappears. It then comes back on and off intermittently, every time the telemetry connects the "Battery Selector" window comes up.

Any idea why this would be happening? Both the Scorpion and the VBar Neo Vlink are updated to the latest version of the software.

Many thanks,

Darko
Re: Scorpion / VBar Neo VLiink telemetry intermittent
October 04, 2020 06:08PM
Just to add, I am seeing "Scorpion ESC connected" messages in the log every 20-30 seconds. It will stop after a while with the ESC telemetry in either connected or disconnected state.

The ESC works fine in all other respects and is powering the motor fine.
RV
October 04, 2020 06:45PM
Okay - where is the ESC connected? TELE1 or TELE2? - If TELE1 - try TELE2.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 04, 2020 06:50PM
Thank you. I have tried both ports, the problem is present on both.
RV
October 04, 2020 07:08PM
Hmmm ... is there another Mikado telemetry Item or VBar available to check whether its the NEO or the ESC?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 04, 2020 07:48PM
Unfortunately not. Is there a way to figure something out from the logs?
RV
October 04, 2020 07:50PM
Hmmm - i am afraid not, but worth a try. Just attach the NEO Log from the VBCt here (copy/paste from cloud or VBC text log file)

Rainer Vetter

October 04, 2020 08:15PM
Here is an example log, at the very end there are four "Scorpion ESC Detected" messages. I have also noticed that when telemetry is connected, the "Scorpion ESC Application" is unable to change ESC settings (such as Governor mode). When I press on "Apply" the ESC is supposed to restart but nothing happens.

Thanks,

Darko
Attachments:
open | download - VC-11002772_VB-0020031765_FL-1601829997_vbar.zip (524 bytes)
RV
October 04, 2020 11:50PM
One last thing ... could you do a range check (10m, Heli on a table, some different positions around) and post screenshots of the antenna status screen?

Rainer Vetter

October 05, 2020 08:47AM
Here are the screenshots of the range test. The signal is going through two walls since I did the test in my house, but seems OK.

Thanks,

Darko
Attachments:
open | download - 00005_quick.zip (7.4 KB)
open | download - 00004_quick.zip (7.6 KB)
open | download - 00003_quick.zip (7.6 KB)
RV
October 05, 2020 04:12PM
Okay - this is pretty well.

So at the end - we have tow options: Either check the NEO or the ESC (probably check the cable too).

Could you ask a friend to connect the ESC to his NEO for a check?

Otherwise - we can check the NEO in the shop, but might be possible that the ESC is the reason, just 50/50 ;-(

Rainer Vetter

October 06, 2020 05:17PM
I have tried another Scorpion ESC and the problem has gone away. So it looks like something is wrong with the ESC. Thank you for your help Rainer.
RV
October 06, 2020 07:55PM
Okay - thanks a log to figure it out!

Rainer Vetter

January 31, 2021 12:08AM
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay - where is the ESC connected? TELE1 or TELE2?
> - If TELE1 - try TELE2.

Sorry but can you have it in both?
When I try TELE2 I get the temp symbol instead for the Scorpion symbol.
RV
January 31, 2021 12:13PM
Okay ...

TELE1 tries to detect a digital signal from telemetry sensors. If there is no digital signal within a defined time but a voltage between 0 and 3.3V - it assumes that it is a temperature sensor from Mikado.

So - this makes it clear, the Telemetry adapter or ESC you use does not respond on our "call for telemetry items" or send digital signal itself within the defined time. Try another cable, diode adapter (if must be used) or ESC.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login