Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vcontrol update

Posted by rcflyerheli 
Vcontrol update
September 14, 2020 11:30PM
I did an update on my transmitter last night, and ran into a slight problem. When connected to the vbar control manager, the update went as usual where it checked the file integrity and said OK. It then updated the clock, and began updating the apps. It updated all the apps except the macrocell one, and it came back and reported an error on that app.

Then it began cycling through a restart of the transmitter, checking file integrity, updating the clock and trying to update the macrocell app, but getting an error and restarting the cycle. I have not used macrocells, but have the app installed. At present I have no plan to use the app, but it bothers me that I am getting an error message from my Vcontrol when the manager program attempts to update that app.
RV
Re: Vcontrol update
September 15, 2020 06:21AM
Okay - could you please do 3 things:

- unload MC App in web Interface so it won't be loaded at next update
- connect VBC to PC w/o manager and check for filespace / unneeded logs / Screenshots and remove them. If lots screenshots please check switch assignment in App.
- redo the update (MC App will be removed)

And then post the result.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2020 06:22AM by RV.
September 16, 2020 12:57AM
Thanks for the info. I had screenshots disabled on my Vcontrol, but there were a ton of old log files. I deleted them, and then reloaded the macrocell app, and it loaded and updated normally. Thanks again.
RV
September 16, 2020 09:14AM
Well done.

Probably we should think about a more strict "automatic cleanup" as we currently have.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login