Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBar Control does not update

Posted by Tohtori R 
VBar Control does not update
March 11, 2019 09:59PM
Hi,

I know that i have seen and probably asked this atleast once already but i cannot find the cure now.

Please check the attached picture. Seem that the VBC is somehow blocked from the USB or something and goes to a loop. Win7 in use here.

I tried the del sys\command and it did not help.

Just updated one VL NEO to PRO and there was no issue.

Many thanks for your help in advance smiling smiley

BR
-Toni

RV
Re: VBar Control does not update
March 11, 2019 11:46PM
Is there a antivirus scan etc. active? Probably disable it for a try.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 12, 2019 06:37PM
I only have the Windows Security Essentials and disabling it will not resolve the issue.

I will try with my other computers. However i would like to understand and resolve the issue with this pc if possible.

I'll start with other computer and post the results here in a while.

I can access the file structure of the radio well. I updated the user sceens also with no issues. The issue seem to be related to the VBar Control Manager somehow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 06:38PM by Tohtori R.
RV
March 12, 2019 07:11PM
Are there other USB devices connected which may disturb our transmission?

Starting the VBC Manager in a special Mode will give a result in a dos box:

- right click on the vbc Manager icon, properties
- at target there ist a " javaw " in the line. Just remove the " w ".
- retry, post screenshot of dos box.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 12, 2019 08:54PM
Actually i have tried to remove other USB devices and that did not help. I cannot remove all since i have BT dongle for the mouse and keyboard for example.

I also found that the VBar Control Manager version i had was 1.3 and loaded the 2.1. Unfortunately this did not help either.

I tried with my old XP Laptop and it worked right away.
March 12, 2019 08:59PM
here is the dos box content

March 13, 2019 08:53AM
Hi,

which version of Windows is it? There were issues with the so-called Creator Update, but this has long been resolved (by Microsoft), so if your Windows is up-to-date, there should be no issues with this regard.

But you could still try the workaround from back then, it's still available for download here, in the VBar Control Downloads section.

An other cause could b power management, if the USB bus is throttled if running on battery, but this is to my best knowledge also a thing of the past, it was more common with netbooks.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 13, 2019 09:39AM
I just checked the server. There was no attempt to connect the server with your serial. Since it worked with a NEO, i assume, that there is the relevant port blocked somewhere. Sometimes this is done by a firewall, or the ISP´s configuration. VControl Manager uses Port 20178 for classic VControls.

Usually Outgoing ports are not blocked by Firewalls. Sometimes this is done by company networks, but usually not on private networks by default.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
March 14, 2019 09:43PM
Eddie: I have a Win 7 not 10 so i dont think this is the issue. I may try to dig up the power management settings even that this is a table pc powered from the grid.

Ulrich: If the port is blocked it must be on this computer since this worked well with my really old computer thru the same network.

Thing is that i got this done with the old computer and it worked. I was just really curious what may cause this. Now i know where to look. I'm in a middle of a new TDR2 build so i will try these next time.

Thanks a lot of you great help and ideas once again. Much appreciated! smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login