Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vcontrol GPS

Posted by robertvizzo 
Vcontrol GPS
April 23, 2018 03:36AM
Finally got a GPS module and I have a few questions/suggestions. Running vplane on a neo and a pretty fast edf doing 148mph.

1 There seems to be quite a bit of delay at least 5-10 seconds on the speed readouts? Both in talking telemetry and the big display screen. Is this normal? What I mean is that way after my high speed pass isd done the display tells me my speed in MPH. For example I am about ready for the 2nd pass and it finally shows up via the screen and talking telem. Is it not capable of real time speed readouts?

2 I cannot see anywhere to add Altitude in either talking telem or anywhere else. It would be awesome to have the system let me know how high I am as well as speed without having to look at the GPS status page.

3 The last thing is can you give me a rundown or point me to how the "Speak Settings" of the GPS Settings actually work.

Thank you!!
Re: Vcontrol GPS
April 23, 2018 06:30AM
The delay is intentional so that it does not interfere with your speed pass.

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1738

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
April 23, 2018 09:21AM
Wish I would have read that link before I posted!

How about giving us an option to turn off the delay for the larger screen at least or set the amount of time for the delay? Basically just give us some more tools on the gps.

Also what about adding "Talking Altitude" or at least adding it to the large speed display screen.

It would also be nice to be able to Zero out the current altitude for example I fly at 67feet above sea level. So when my plane is on the ground the gps knows its 67feet. But if we could zero that out I would know how high I was above the ground. Also it would be awesome to set a voice warning to a preset altitude letting me know I am above the 400 feet legal limit in the USA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2018 10:29AM by robertvizzo.
RV
April 23, 2018 10:31AM
The speed is not directly comoíng from GPS - it must be calculated in the VBC with the waypoints and timestamps. So - to give a nearly accurate speed - it is needed to collect and calculate some data before. And thenwe'll have to wait and calculate if the speed won't increase anymore before announcing the top speed.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login