Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VSim interface (Item# 04928) not binding to VBar Control - help needed

Posted by Flipper 76 
VSim interface (Item# 04928) not binding to VBar Control - help needed
January 29, 2018 07:33PM
Hello Zusammen,

I need some help here:

've updated my VBar Control Online with the latest software and Vsim App. I've connected VSim as indicated, but it does not appear in my bind screen on VBar Control. PLs see images attached. I've also tried to erase and reinstall both the VSIM and the Basic apps multiple times, with no results. I've also tried to reboot the VBar Control multiples times, with no results.

I appreciate any direction here I'm really lost and stuck! What should I do next?

I've also tried with the AccuRC USB dongle connected and everything connected to the game, and it did not work, I would still not be able to see the VSIM to be able to bind to it.

Thanks for your help!

I contacted Ron at MikadoUSa and here's what he told me:

"Hello Felipe, I tried to replicate what you had going and all connections are correct. Please go to vstabi.info and sign into the forum and post your issue there. I may be missing something that they (the developers) will see....Ron"

Thanks for any help and guidance here once again, I'm excited to try this out!

Vielen Danke,

Felipe

RV
Re: VSim interface (Item# 04928) not binding to VBar Control - help needed
January 29, 2018 07:41PM
Hello,

please lets check the VSim for correctly loaded firmware first.

Use a V5 PC Software and the recovery procedure to get the s/n and post it here.

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1475 (video 04)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 30, 2018 06:34PM
Hello RV,

thanks for the reply. I followed your instructions but was not able to install the recovery firmware update. I received a message that said "The software was not loaded correctly. The Unit is not operational.".

One thing to note is that I seem to have no recognition by the computer that anything is connected to it. In the recovery update video, in the V5 software, the USB is highlighted green and the NoConnection is highlighted red.

On mine the USB has no color behind it, and the No Connection is red...

Thus, I am not able to get the serial number or even get the computer to recognize that anything is connected to it.

I had the USB connected to the VSim, and also had the USB power cable connected to a port on the VSIm that was not A or B for power...

What should I do next?

Thanks,

Felipe
RV
January 30, 2018 08:43PM
Was the satellite connected? - It should be not during USB Updates.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 31, 2018 07:01PM
The satellites was not connected.

Thanks!
RV
January 31, 2018 08:11PM
Hmmm .... as the satellite is the same as for other devices ... do you have any other mini or fullsize Vbar with V6 for VBC loaded? - If yes please try the sat there.

Rainer Vetter

February 01, 2018 07:52AM
Hello RV,

I tried the satellite in a different mini Vbar that I have and it worked fine there. Using the satellite that does not connect to Vsim with the mini VBar that I have working, it binds fine to my VBar control. Just for clarification, the VSim was not part of this, and it worked fine with the satellite that is not working in conjunction with the VSim.

Thanks for your help and pls let me know what next steps are.

Best Regards,

Felipe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 07:54AM by Flipper 76.
February 01, 2018 08:48AM
Hi Felipe,

for the recovery procedure, it's necessary to connect the device to the computer _without powering it up_ (it should show in the Device Manager, the USB chip is powered by the computer). If it doesn't, there's probably something wrong with the USB/communication circuit. If it does, but as an unknown device with a yellow triangle, the driver is probably not/properly installed.

Open the PC Software, the USB indicator should light up green, then go File/Firmware Upload, select the recovery file, click OK, only then power up the VSim Mini VBar. Even if it's in an undefined state, the boot loader will now enable the USB connection and the PC Software can push the recovery file to the device, rendering it accessible again.

Mind that a proper power supply must be used, like a receiver pack or the USB power wire we provide. We had customers use a 1s LiPo which may or may not work, if it'f fully charged it would, if not the voltage would just not be sufficient to start up the unit.

If this doesn't work, I'm afraid we would have to check the unit at our service shop and repair/replace it. For that, please create a service request at www.vstabi.info/rma (select other items since you have no serial no.).
If it's been newly purchased, you can also go to your dealer and ask for a replacement, and have him settle things with us.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login