Advanced

Cyclic overdrive app for NEO?

Posted by KevinB 
Cyclic overdrive app for NEO?
August 21, 2015 05:06PM
Quote:
KevinB
August 09, 2015 06:36AM

I'm surprised I am the only one asking for an overdrive app for the cyclics as well. When you move from the silverline to the internal sensors of the NEO, the tail isn't the only thing that slows down. The cyclics do as well. On a silverline, 120 on both the tail and the main rotor is where I liked it. Moving to the Neo, I can use the tail overdrive to get the tail response back, but as of now, there is no app to allow overdriving the cyclics or even relaxing the 120 agility limit in the main agility setting. Until then, I'm forced to run an external sensor if I want my previous silverline agility on the cyclics.

Quote:
Eddi E. aus G.
August 11, 2015 12:21PM

Hi Kevin,

we have done some tests at IRCHA, and I guess there will be something coming, and maybe soon. The 'issue' is that the usable range of the NEO's sensors is much larger than on the previous ones, so if you had set up for extreme rates on a legacy VBar, the sensors would have been kind of overdriven (faster, but also no longer properly controlling the rate).

Interestingly our team pilots did not complain about it, obviously they run 'normal' rates.
I have flown helis of two of our team pilots at IRCHA and 106 was the highest I found in their setups.
Flying OPP is so easy with model sharing of VBar Control

Hi Eddi.

I thought I'd start a dedicated topic for this since it started in another thread about piro speed which already has been addressed with the tail overdrive app.

Any update on when a cyclic overdrive app may be available for the NEO to get silverline agility without having to use the external sensor?

Thanks again,

KevinB
Re: Cyclic overdrive app for NEO?
August 24, 2015 09:11AM
Hi Kevin,

honestly, no idea. Maybe Uli wants to share his plans.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
August 29, 2015 02:46AM
Uli? Anything? smiling smiley

Thanks,

KevinB
August 30, 2015 03:26PM
We will integrate the overdrives (tail and cyclic) in the next firmware update, so no special apps are needed. Takes a bit time, but will be in for sure.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
August 31, 2015 06:11AM
Awesome! Thanks so much guys.

KevinB
November 23, 2015 11:12PM
When this new firmware is released? I just moved to NEO and found cyclic too slow even with 120 agility. This is a small heli and there is no place for silver sensor.
December 19, 2015 11:58PM
Any eta on this next major firmware release ? By March? It would be great to have for the next flying season.

Any info would be welcomed. Thanks,

KevinB
December 20, 2015 11:10AM
Maybe christmas update. ..
December 20, 2015 05:00PM
Fingolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe christmas update. ..

smileys with beer

December 25, 2015 11:38PM
Uli?

KevinB
RV
December 26, 2015 12:18PM
Well guys,

there is something in the pipeline - and it was our intention to release on X-mas. but - as life sucks sometimes - there are several things which came up due finalizing and need to be solved first. So it will take some more time here.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 29, 2015 05:52AM
RV Wrote:
> Well guys,
>
> there is something in the pipeline - and it was
> our intention to release on X-mas. but - as life
> sucks sometimes - there are several things which
> came up due finalizing and need to be solved
> first. So it will take some more time here.

No problem. I think we all would prefer a well tested release than one rushed to make some (artificial) deadline.
RV
December 29, 2015 09:43AM
smileys with beer

Thanks! - This is what we think too. No rush needed because this are "add ons" and no basic issues.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 29, 2015 06:24PM
If you need someone for testing....I know a guy ;-)

Kyle
December 29, 2015 06:47PM
Kyle Stacy Wrote:
> If you need someone for testing....I know a guy
> ;-)
>
> Kyle

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley
December 30, 2015 02:50AM
Thanks for the update Rainer. No worries.

Happy New Year!

KevinB
January 05, 2016 12:30AM
A New Years gift !!! Thanks guys. I can't wait for it to warm up enough to try it now. smiling smiley

KevinB
January 25, 2016 11:52AM
Does the overdrive app require update of Neo as well as VControl. I updated only VControl so far. I installed the overdrive app when it was announced but I didn't get round to testing it until this Saturday just gone. What I mean is I left my cyclic agility at the previous maximum of 120. The heli (Logo 600SX) flew the same as it did before I updated VControl. On Saturday I tried increasing cyclic agility from 120 to 130 but the actual agility was reduced so much that it was nearly impossible to fly the heli. After disabling the overdrive app and setting agility back to 120 it flew as before. Do I need to update Neo or should I have just increased agility a lot more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2016 11:54AM by mahbouni.
January 25, 2016 11:54AM
You have to update the Neo!

Stephan
January 25, 2016 04:15PM
After updating my Neo, will I need to set it up again from scratch or can I continue using existing settings?
January 25, 2016 04:48PM
No need to setup again, just for safety, check everything for correct function.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
January 25, 2016 05:32PM
OK, thanks. I'll update my Neo and test again when I'm next able to get out flying.
April 19, 2016 02:30PM
I just wanted to follow up since I started this thread......

I'd like to send a big thank you to Uli for implementing the cyclic overdrive. Now that the weather here has turned nicer, I've been able to get out a few times to fly and try out this new app.

It's awesome smiling smiley . I can now get the nimble feel I had with the silverline sensor on the heli with only the NEO installed. Thanks VERY much for taking the time to give us this ability on the NEO. It is truly appreciated.

KevinB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login