Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

vcontrol classic custom user screen blank

Posted by cudaboy_71 
vcontrol classic custom user screen blank
March 25, 2024 02:49AM
I just got the mikado temp sensor and wanted to put the value on my custom user screen. the function of the temp sensor is working fine. but, when i try to load a new custom userscreen the whole screen goes blank.

i did turn off "disabled" the user screen by switch. I just want to assign a new screen showing the temperature now. luckily the default.usr still works as before--which strangely is a custom screen; not the one that came on the vcontrol new.

but, if i choose any other user screen they display blank.

any advice on what i'm doing wrong? it has been some years since i made a modification to user screen.

edit: i have added the file i'm trying to load. maybe you can see some error in it??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2024 02:51AM by cudaboy_71.
Attachments:
open | download - largename-temp_usr.zip (739 bytes)
Re: vcontrol classic custom user screen blank
March 25, 2024 09:04AM
Hi,

I have just downloaded your file, copied it to my classic VBar Control, bound a random VBar, enabled User defined screen (I don't use it usually, but it's there, waiting), the error message pops up (missing file), then I selected your file, and voilà, it works.

A possible catch: when on a Mac, you'll see two files on the transmitter after copying your screen to it, file.usr and ._file.usr
The latter are meta data, describing the first, so you need to select the one without the preceding ._ (which marks a hidden system file, Apple Double, in Mac speech).

Another possible catch: if the file was corrupted accidentally, say you disconnected USB while your computer was still writing out cached data, such a thing could happen.

I'd try and start over, empty the folder, empty the trash, copy the file(s) anew.
You might want to copy the files you want to keep to your computer first, to a temporary directory, as a backup.

Please make also sure that your transmitter has sufficient free memory: on older and more heavily used transmitters, it may happen that logs, screenshots, other leftovers fill the memory to a degree where the next update or log to be written causes errors.
Delete what you no longer need, empty the trash, and for good measure, do a file system check and repair.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 26, 2024 12:49PM
Thank you Eddi-

I think maybe the capacity of the Vcontrol was close to full. Even though the file is only 74kb, there was only 3mb free on the VControl. I emptied off nearly 10 years of log files and screen shots, copied the same file, and now it works.

You verifying it worked on another Vcontrol was a good sign and definitely helped the troubleshooting.

Have a great week! Cheers!
March 26, 2024 01:02PM
Brilliant!

Have a great one, too!

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login