Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V1 to V2 EVO cut off serial number?

Posted by johnahamelv 
V1 to V2 EVO cut off serial number?
December 30, 2023 08:00PM
I am trying to determine the EVO serial number when the EVO units transitioned to the new sensor not requiring the hot glue modification. Knowing this serial number will be helpful to know what EVO unit(s) one owns with confidence without needing to disassemble the EVO case and risking breaking retaining tabs.

Mikado published serial number 27001270 as the cut off between the original EVO units (delivered without hot glue) and the EVO units modified with hot glue before delivery. However, I have not seen any mention of the cut off serial number for the new EVO units with the new sensors not requiring hot glue.

What is the cut off serial number for the new EVO units not requiring hot glue?
Re: V1 to V2 EVO cut off serial number?
January 02, 2024 09:01AM
Hi,

this was a smooth transition, so there is no exact number I'm afraid.

If in doubt, please ask here, or better, send an e-mail to service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de.
With the serial no., we can tell if a particular unit is this or that.

In general, if you have a serial no. > 27001270 there is no need to worry.
Either they are glued from the factory, or not, both are OK.
And in case you need to or want to replace the case, you'll remove it anyway, and you see if there's glue (then carefully pry it loose, re-glue in the same way, plenty of hot fluid glue so the glue engulfs the sensors all around), or if there's no glue, no need.
This transition was already in June 2023, so you only need to 'worry' if your unit was bought earlier.

If serial no. < 27001270, and if uncertain, you can hold a unit against a bright background and peek through it, through the closures: front, you'll see light shining through, rear, not so much if it's properly glued, or also light, if not. See second video here.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 03, 2024 04:21AM
Thank you for the response. I guess I did not explain my question fully. I will do my best to rephrase the question. Yes, I understand there is a serial number 27001270 cutoff when Mikado began shipping EVO units back in June 2023 with the hot glue already pre applied to the EVO units, so the end user would not have to worry about applying hot glue. Those are NOT the EVO units of interest for which I started this thread.

The EVO FBL units of interest are the EVO units with the new sensors; the newer more rectangular sensors than older more square sensors of the original EVO FBL unit. I believe these EVO FBL units with the newer rectangular sensors were released in the September to October 2023 time frame.

In the VBar Control Facebook group, we have figured out that EVO serial number 27001566 is an EVO with the older square sensor with preinstalled hot glue and EVO serial number 27002041 is an EVO with the newer rectangular sensor released in the Sept/Oct 2023 time frame not requiring hot glue at all. So we have a spread between serial numbers 27001566 and 27002041 so far, so there are 475 serial numbers in between that are possible cutoff serial numbers. We are trying to narrow this down further to determine the serial number cutoff when the older EVO units with the square sensors (hot glue sensors) ended and the current newer EVO units with rectangular sensors (not needing hot glue) began.

Do you know the cutoff serial number between 27001566 and 27002041 when the newer EVO units with rectangular sensors (not needing hot glue) released in the September/October 2023 time frame first began.
January 03, 2024 09:28AM
Hi,

sounds kind of you nailed it: there‘s a considerable range of serial no.s which could be this or that, that‘s why we can not tell a cutoff no. exactly.
But again, feel free to ask about a particular serial no., and we can look it up.

I can only guess, but farther beyond 27002041 which you mentioned (which already has the different sensor), it‘s quite likely they also have it.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 03, 2024 11:43AM
Hi Eddi,

i think johnahamelv is looking for the final cut of serial number after wich only Evos with the new sensor were sold.

we know so far:

< 27001270 No hot-glue, old Sensor

> 27001270 hot-glue already applied or new sensor

In another thread you stated: Units with this sensors have been sold exclusively since October 2023 already.

We know there is a range of serial numbers where there is a mix of Evos with hot glue and Evos with the new Sensor, but there should be a serial number after wich only Evos with the new Sensor were sold:

> 27001270 <2700XXXX hot-glue already applied or new sensor
(Yes this may be considerable range, but there should be a serial number after which it was only Evos with the new sensor)

> 2700XXXX no hot-glue, new Sensor (Should be Evos /serial numbers wich were sold in or after October 2023)

i think that's what johnahamelv wants to know
January 03, 2024 06:46PM
Hi,

I wish I could tell for sure. With the hot glue fix, there was only one hardware, the shelves were empty, a new batch arrived which was programmed with consecutive serial no.s, there we could tell exactly. It was deemed important to mark that serial no., to inform, because action could be required, either DIY or by sending units back to us for rework.

Here, there was a time of mixed production/programming, and it was not deemed necessary to draw a line, because in the test results, both yielded equally good results. When the question was asked the first time, we tried to at least give a time estimate when the change was completed.
But if we gave an exact number, and there’s only one possibly yet unregistered unit we missed, and if that unit not only suffered from tail kicks but maybe caught the pilot on the wrong foot, causing a mishap, it wouldn’t have helped.

And if we just pick a number today, or one from a month or two back, it’s also imprecise.

I guess with the range of numbers above the hive mind already narrowed it down quite well, but if in doubt, let us know the serial no. of your unit after registration, and we will check it for you. You get an individual information on which you can rely.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 06, 2024 01:36AM
Hi Eddi,

You can tell what is the maximum serial number released for today.
We will know 100% - everything above this serial number has a new sensor.

Regards
Yuriy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login