Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New V-control Evo Hotspost connectivity issue

Posted by David Heath 
New V-control Evo Hotspost connectivity issue
April 16, 2023 01:50PM
Hello,

I have just bought a brand new V-control Evo but I'm having major issues with it.

My problem being Hotspot connectivity. I have manage to connect it to my iPhone twice within several hundred attempts. This might be a slight exaggeration but we are talking lots of attempts.

Firstly let me explain I only have iPhone Hotspot internet at home, no conventional Wi-Fi.

I only have a MacBook for a computer which I access the internet from my iPhone's hotspot without issue.

I was using Vbar Neo's with a Futaba TX setup with the Mikado program without issue right up to the point where the program was no longer supporting MAC IOS. I then had a dabble with the Futaba 760 which I found a little to complicated to set up to my liking.

As I don't intend to buy a pc or change how I access the internet at home I had virtually given up trying to sort them out. I sold the Neo's due to this. They were the first generation ones without antennas. I want to try and gain success with my heli flying again and took the plunge and bought the new Vcontrol Evo and a couple of bar Neo's.

I did hope to find the same success as I originally had with the Neo's.

No let me explain I'm not the most computer literate person in the world.

So after buying it I managed to connect it with my iPhones hotspot long enough to register it and load some apps. The next week the Evo's arrived and I installed one and started to learn how to use it.

I managed once last night to connect the Vcontrol to my iPhone hotspot and I think register the Evo. I say I think because the connection dropped out while I was trying to sort this next problem out....

I had it all working but my cyclic servos are Futaba HC700's. After a couple of mins one failed. They had not had much use really and were not a problem with the Futaba 760. I of course unplugged all 3 and started to investigate. I read somewhere that the Eve needed Pro rescue on it to give you the ability to be able to set the bandwidth of the Cyclic servos.

Pro Rescue I purchased using my Vstabi account while the Evo was connected to the Vcontrol. I had just I think registered it. When I was trying to find a way to update the Evo software to Pro rescue the hotspot signal dropped out and I have not been able to connect it since!

I have even driven to an area with 5g, I only get a strong 4g signal at home but this made no difference.

I then went to park outside a cafe which has free wifi and no password and tried again. This is where I discovered the Vcontrol won't connect to a wifi network without a password. My iPhone connected to this network with ease without need for a password and without the need to log in on a webpage.

Is this a problem with the Vcontrol that it won't connect well with a iPhone hotspot? If not is there a way I can sort this out without Wi-Fi or a pc? And Is it the case that the Evo killed my HC-700 do to bandwidth? And how do I get pro rescue onto my Evo without being able to connect to my hotspot?

I note the bandwidth of the HC 700 is 1520, the tail servo is a BLS276SV at 760 which I was of course able to set using the program in the radio.

While I have typed this message I have had the V-control sat next to me on with the Wi-Page open and although my iPhone was at the top of the list, It never once went green and connected. It doe seem to find my neighbours TV and goes green to that and green to a couple of other wi-fi's in the area, but I have of course never tried to connect to anything else. I have also tried to long press these and delete them from the list but this does nothing.

Help needed :-)
Re: New V-control Evo Hotspost connectivity issue
April 16, 2023 02:28PM
We did test on Iphone Hotspots, but not had problems with this. So in general it shall work. I hope some other Appleists can confirm this, or what possibly may be the cause here.
Can you please describe what is shown in the WiFI Dialog (The -xx db Value and the channel).
Does the connection just disappear without notice (Icon in Display changes) or how does the connection break happen? Which Phone do you use exactly?

It may be the case, that the Iphone Hotspot tries to band steer the device to 5Ghz which is not available on the EVO, but that just a guess...

The WiFi will not connect to passwordless acesspoints, because there usually only comes up a login page where you log in to the Network. The evo is not able to handle these logins, so its worthless.

BTW: You dont need to set the Pulsewith of your servos to anything else than default, unless you really want to max out the performance. See https://www.vstabi.info/en/framerates

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
April 16, 2023 04:30PM
Hi,

Its an iPhone 14 pro max, -41db, ch 6 DA:2C:3A:AF:56:5B

I have just got it to connect again and it seems to be staying connected. For now.....

I googled the band steer of the iPhones hotspot and if you go onto the personal hotspot screen in settings there is a selection to maximise Compatibility.

This was already selected so I'm lost as to why it was not working, but if its not selected the hotspot will be working at 5Ghz and if its selected it will, or should I say Should work at both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz.

It was already green so should have been able to work both. Its been very unpredictable in connection though.

Just going back to the servos, I read the settings are for centre pulse and frame rate. I cant find any information for the centre pulse only the frame rate of the servos. How do I get that information?

Futaba HC700 and Futaba BLS276SV?
April 16, 2023 04:47PM
David Heath Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
>
> Just going back to the servos, I read the settings
> are for centre pulse and frame rate. I cant find
> any information for the centre pulse only the
> frame rate of the servos. How do I get that
> information?
>
> Futaba HC700 and Futaba BLS276SV?

If you used this with a CGY 760 before it might be that the HC700 servos are set to 760micro second centre pulse as they are programmable. The tail servo is natively a 760ms and 333Hz update rate.

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
April 16, 2023 11:02PM
iPhone 12 works here, but only if it is in max compatibility (german "Kompatibilität maximieren"winking smiley mode for the hotspot.

Gruß Jürgen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login