Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

swapping out a switch

Posted by spencerkey 
swapping out a switch
March 22, 2023 07:00PM
I want to swap out the factory momentary switch to a Jeti momentary push button for my Rescue. The Jeti push button do not come with cables.

Does anyone know what correct pinout and plug I would need for the Jeti push button to the VBCT? Or if you have done this personally can you tell me what I need?

Thanks,
Spencer
Re: swapping out a switch
March 23, 2023 09:15AM
Hi Spencer,

the original switches are ON-OFF-ON types, for position A-0-B, or back-center-forward.
They only create an electrical connection between the center pin and one of the outer pins at a time, or no connection if at center.

When using a push button, it must be OFF-ON, means, released there is no continuity between the pins (0, center, normal flying), and pushed, it must connect. Then, it depends which two wires you connect, to the radio, if pushed means A or B. But this doesn't really matter, since you can reverse the switch (button) direction, so it either actuates something (Rescue) or not.

In other words, remove the original three position switch, see which two wires connect when actuating the momentary position, de-solder, and solder those two wire ends to the pins of the push button ... assuming it has only two pins. If it has three, it possibly connects both at the same time if pushed, or just one, another thing to check.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 23, 2023 12:42PM
There is one more thing:
These mechanical switches are XOR-gates. if you separate the 2 positions you have to use a 2-pol switch and a 2-pol button. Both are quite rare and hard to get in these dimension.

Something like this but it is to big

Gruß Jürgen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2023 12:47PM by JMalberg.

March 23, 2023 06:15PM
I do like the idea of a push button for rescue for certain, be nice one day if Mikado could source an option what would require no modification and simple swap out of the existing long tall switch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2023 06:16PM by OICU812.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login