Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tribunus Throttle Calibration

Posted by kumoro 
Tribunus Throttle Calibration
July 24, 2021 05:07AM
Hi all,
Recently I bought Tribunus 06-80A for my Trex 470L. When I want to do throttle calibration following these steps :
1. Turn off esc & vBar vlink
2. Put throttle stick (collective) to the top/maximum position
3. Connect the battery to the ESC, wait for single beep and then move throttle all the way down to minimum.
4. You’re done
The problem is, on the step 3, I can’t find my single beep, so I don’t know when I should move my stick to minimum position. And when start/arm sequence ends, it beeps signaling that it can’t find minimum throttle.
How can I calibrate this ESC?
Thank you.
Regards,

Kumoro
RV
Re: Tribunus Throttle Calibration
July 24, 2021 07:07AM
Having a VBar NEO and VBC - just select the VGov mode with connected ESC and loaded Scorpion App in the Model Setup and all is done.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
July 25, 2021 05:02AM
Hi,
Thank you for your input. Do as you told me and it works like a charm..
I find that this esc is bogging when I do simple back flip and roll. How can I set it on vBc??
Thank you,
Regards,

Kumoro
RV
July 25, 2021 07:32AM
If it should be a VGOv setup issue - it could be too much/less cyclic add or too much gain. Please start with lowering the add 2 points (is banked) and see how it goes.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 23, 2021 04:19AM
hi,
Sorry just happened to try since I have no time fiddling with vBar.
About your last post, which one I should go first?lowering cyclic add by 2 points or lowering Gain?FYI, my gain is 40, since I thought it was gain issue, so I raised it incrementally so now I get 40 point and still unchanged and my cyclic add is standard, remain unchanged.
Cyclic add or Coll. add??
Everytime I do flip or roll, the motor always slower at inverted side, felt like it bogged. but when I do fast climb, there was no reduction in motor speed at all. Tried several time fast climb about 5 m nothing funny happened.
If I want to go inverted, once it got inverted, I have to add more negative collective than before using this ESC at the same headspeed, otherwise, I will loose my height fast.
This is weird...Can't even do rainbow sad smiley

Kumoro
RV
August 23, 2021 05:52AM
I would dial the gain down to 15 and start with the add curves. Here a bit more info:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2031

Rainer Vetter

August 23, 2021 12:29PM
Hi,
Thank you for your information and further detail about coll add.
Wanna test tomorrow, since have to take care of wife having covid-19.
I have question regarding the throttle vs collective graph. In traditional Tx, in order motor not bogging, we create V-shape throttle curve, let's say 3-point curve for Bank 1 is 85-80-85,with pitch curve linear, which means, on the lowest (minimum pitch) on bank 1, throttle is 85, zero pitch throttle is 85 and the highest (maximum pitch) throttle is 85.
Let's say 85 represents 2100 rpm and 80 represents 1800. hover is at 1900 rom. when I do flip (backward or forward), when I increase throttle to initiate flip, throttle should between 1900 and 2100, when I get to the middle of flip, zero pitch, throttle is around 1800, past middle throttle is between 1800 and 1900 and when inverted is around 1900rpm and if I continue to pulling elevator, I will add negative throttle so, again, throttle should between 1900 and 2100, when I get to the middle of flip, zero pitch, throttle is around 1800 and when upright is around 1900rpm (back to upright hover).
Is that correct??
If that's correct, when I test on the bench, that should give a same result??I mean when I add throttle (colective) and pull elevator then decrease throttle at mid flip add negative throttle on inverted should give the same result??Because when on the bench, everytime I simulate adding throttle while pulling the elevator it does give raise in rpm, but when I add negative throttle, the rpm is drop.

Kumoro
RV
August 23, 2021 04:04PM
About throtttle curve - yes it is correct. The curve is defined with basic throttle (0deg) and Collective ad (additional to endpoints pos and neg to basic)

If you have a issue like stated on yours on the bench - please check:

Is the fast RPM pulse signal there for our governor? - To check, pull telemetry off and see if it is showing RPM's. If not - check your wiring for RPM signal.

Rainer Vetter

August 23, 2021 05:14PM
Hi,
Okay, will do that tomorrow and back to you.
Thank you.

Kumoro
August 24, 2021 06:46AM
Hi,
Tried to fly this morning with your setting recommendations.
Pulled the telemetry from vBar, spool up and vbc still can read the rpm.
Before went flying, I lower my gov gain to 20, coll add to 15 and cycl. add to 5. Directly I could see the difference, but still when in inverted position, rpm decreased, even just a little, much better than before. Landed and lower my coll add and cycl add to 10 and 3, much better, but still I can hear rpm decreases, even less than 1st flight.
Should I continue lowering coll & cycl add and leave gov gain alone or inversely, I should check gov gain, while let coll & cycl add alone?
Still afraid to do rainbow…
Regards,

Kumoro
RV
August 24, 2021 10:17AM
Hmmm ... strange!

Could you please connect a servo instead the ESC to the ESC socket (as a pointer), dial in 50 as basic throttle and 50 as collective add and 30 as cyclic add?

Then "start" the motor at 0 collective, wait until it ramps up, then gve positive and negative, watch the servo, should move according a v-shaped curve.

How is your collective curve set?
Is the swash at 0 deg when you are in trim tab?
Is the stick calibration of the TX ok?

Rainer Vetter

August 24, 2021 12:34PM
Hi,
Before I try your recommendations, there're things to be clarified :
1. "..connect a servo instead the ESC to the ESC socket (as a pointer).." I plug a servo instead of esc lead. Can I plug "real" ESC lead to AUX1 just to power the vBar?

2. "...dial in 50 as basic throttle and 50 as collective add and 30 as cyclic add.." Clear, no question

3. "Then "start" the motor at 0 collective..". this means start at the lowest position?. 0 collective, not 0 pitch??

4. "..wait until it ramps up.." how do I know when it's ramped up??

5. "How is your collective curve set?" I don't set collective curve, just give bank 1 2000 rpm, bank 2 2300 rpm & bank 3 2500 rpm

6 "Is the swash at 0 deg when you are in trim tab?" Yes, sure..it's mandatory

7. "Is the stick calibration of the TX ok?", they're oke

FYI, I have another 470L, with HW 60A ext Gov. Everything goes fine, no rpm reduce when I do flip or roll. No change on coll add or cycl add or gov gain. they're all factory set. But when I go to vbar gov, this happens.

Thank you,

Kumoro
RV
August 24, 2021 01:24PM
0 collective = 0 deg position (stick center usually)

ramp up ... see servo horn, it moves from "Off" to "Basic throttle" in our example and then it stands still

collective curve - you have symmetric collective with 0deg in stick center or did you have other setup like scale helis?

Rainer Vetter

August 24, 2021 01:46PM
Hi,
Throttle/collective curve should be symmetric, while pitch curve is linear (I fly medium 3D).
Great, I will try tonight. Will come back to you after My trial.
Regards,

Kumoro
August 24, 2021 05:17PM
Hi,
Already done my trial..
Here is the video
https://youtube.com/shorts/Fkm1wik6d4I?feature=share
Hope you can view it.

The weird thing is, when I raise the stick (positive), the servo goes up significantly, but when i lower the stick (negative), it only moves a little then back to near/around neutral (zero).

Kumoro
RV
August 24, 2021 07:13PM
Okay - this is really strange.

Could you please have a look at the collective stick calibration in TX menue? Does it reach +-100% and stay at approx. 0 in center?

If this is okay - please attach the current setup file, i'll check it.

Rainer Vetter

August 25, 2021 01:06AM
Hi Rainer,
Thank you for prompt reply.
> Could you please have a look at the collective stick calibration in TX menue? Does it reach +-100% and stay at approx. 0 in center?

Yes, it reaches +- 100% on top and bottom and approx 0 at the center. You can see it here

> If this is okay - please attach the current setup file, i'll check it.

I've downloaded this vbar files directly from vBar, not from VBC, because my heli doesn't exist on the VBC, weird..I attach my VBC model screen and from computer when VBC connect to my Laptop. You can see that my model (Chase 360) doesn't exist on vbar folder but it does exist on logs folder.
Is this normal??

Kumoro

RV
August 25, 2021 06:24AM
Yes - the setup is only stored to vbc/VBCt if you did this while model is connected, see Model Setup Menues. The setup is in the NEO ;-)

Rainer Vetter

August 25, 2021 07:24AM
Hi,
When I said vBar on my last post, I mean NEO.
So this mean that the files that I sent you are correct??

Kumoro
RV
August 25, 2021 07:58AM
No, they aren't.

You need the PC Software, license key and NO Boot plug for this with the NEO.

Better save on the VBC and then grab with USB there.

Attach as zip files ;-)

Rainer Vetter

August 25, 2021 09:12AM
Hi,
Just figure out, I have to save the model first..stupid I am..how can I miss this step.
Attached is the setting file, hope you can analyze it so you can give me recommendation and solve my problem.
Thank you very much,

Kumoro
Attachments:
open | download - Chase_360.zip (584 bytes)
August 27, 2021 12:02AM
Hi Rainer,
Just checking in…
Are that file the correct file that you need to analyze my issue??
If that’s the correct files, how’s my issue going??have you got recommendations for me about my settings??
Please let me know.
Thank you.

Kumoro
RV
August 27, 2021 07:51PM
On Setup, Swashplate Exoert (long Press) - someone selected -64 as 0deg pos of the collective stick ...

Rainer Vetter

August 28, 2021 12:27AM
Hi Dainer,
Thank you for your reply.
I try to follow your instruction, but I can’t find swashplate expert on my Model Setup on my VBC. The closest option on Model Setup is Model Setup - Mainrotor - expert. Or go straight to Mainrotor - expert - swash expert. In this menu no -64 value.
Which one??

Kumoro
RV
August 28, 2021 08:48AM
Sorry - was on a VBCt.

On a VBC it is in Tail:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1677

Set the Zero Collective to 0 having zero in stich center ;-)

Rainer Vetter

August 28, 2021 12:43PM
Hi..
Oooh, I see...got it..
Change it to 0 by moving collective to zero pitch, then click Set Zero Coll.
Simulated it with servo, and it moved exactly as it should, V Curve.
Thank you so much for your assistance...and your patience...
Regards,

Kumoro
RV
August 28, 2021 07:45PM
smileys with beerthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login