Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nitro Gov PWM

Posted by jakeg1999 
Nitro Gov PWM
March 30, 2021 06:04PM
When viewing my Flightgraph's in the Cloud, my max PWM for all my nitro flights is 94%. Am I missing out on 6%? How do I get it to 100%? I feel confident in the setup and the performance is great. If I increase or decrease the head speed it doesn't change.

SAB Kraken 580 Nitro and I am able to get 100% travel on the carb/throttle servo on the bench.

Thank you!
RV
Re: Nitro Gov PWM
March 30, 2021 09:25PM
How is your throw limit for off/full trottle?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 30, 2021 10:46PM
I’ll have to double check what I set my endpoints too, but I set it to open and close the carburetor all the way until the Servo was binding and then backed it off until the binding stopped.

I have my idle set to “18” and throttle cut is at “0”. On the bench without the the motor running, I get full movement of the carburetor all the way open and closed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 10:46PM by jakeg1999.
March 31, 2021 10:54PM
I think I’m ok, and I did not dig too deep into why, but when I go to full throttle open on the bench (Servo mechanically opens carb to Max without binding) the throttle PWM reading is 94%. So I feel confident that I’m getting full throttle.
RV
April 01, 2021 06:30AM
thumbs up

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 06, 2021 04:14PM
I noticed the same thing, examples from my particular model:

In setup, a throttle servo endpoint of stop: 89, at minimum throttle (carb fully closed), translates to a reported 5% throttle/pwm, when one would expect 0% throttle as reported output.

In setup, a throttle servo endpoint of full: 87, at maximum throttle (carb fully opened), translates to a reported 93% throttle/pwm, when one would expect 100% throttle as reported output.

This suggests there might be a shift and/or scaling issue, somewhere in the internal throttle value (reporting) calculation. Could this be fixed? It might just be the reporting, but it also might also affect actual gov number handling, or?

------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/kjoer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2021 08:50AM by cure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login