Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Explain Hover Offset

Posted by vstabinewbie 
September 17, 2020 02:55PM
I had a few questions about "Beginner Mode (self leveling/hovering aid)"

Can this be activated the whole time of flight for a trainer. Like Take off, then hover, then landing. Some put rescue mode on a spring loaded switch that snaps back after you take your finger off it. Can Beginner mode be assigned to a simple off on switch? Besides hover offset, what other setting can a person ratchet down to teach kids how to hover?
RV
September 17, 2020 08:43PM
Please no threadnapping. I have split it. One pilot, one heli, one thread.

The rescue switch assigned has 3 Positions:

Beginner - Off - Rescue

The Rescue is a trigger - so this side is the spring loaded one. The Beginner is a usual switch.

I use them this way:

- Set up the Buddybox switch on a spring loaded, use the fixed (! not spring !) side for Buddy position.
- Set up Option 1 to the same switch, but revert it
- Set up OP1 in rescue as resue switch

now:

- Center is normal flying and Master
- Fixed End is Buddy with Beginner mode
- Spring is master with Rescue trigger

So - in case of emergency - just pull fully, release and its rescued and at the masters control ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 17, 2020 11:59PM
Apprecaite it, anyone know if folks can take off and land in beginner mode? OR is it just for in the air.

Second, Do i understand right that once momentum is going in the beginner mode the heli wont stop it. Only a GPS unit like skookum for example would stop momentum. The tilt against crosswinds in beginner mode made me curious if the momentum on a horizontal plane would keep going or the vbar would compensate for it? One a side note, Does it have the feel of a Coax heli for those of you that have tried it out? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2020 12:34AM by vstabinewbie.
RV
September 18, 2020 06:24AM
This mode was made as a kind of "angle/acceleration" limitation. But as we want to keep the natural feeling somewhere around center (otherwise you can't take off and land safely) there is a value howthe limits will take effect.

I started with 80...70 and lowered it down from flight to flight when doing buddyboxing.

It is not a self levelling etc. - we don't want to give the pilot a unnatural feeling when he is in the limits.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login