Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sensor data checksum error on gasser 700

Posted by andypaddlerking 
sensor data checksum error on gasser 700
August 03, 2020 03:41PM
hi

im getting a lot of sensor data checksum errors on my gasser 700 heli. ive tried putting a different sensor on it and it didnt seem to improve. ive tried putting a different vbar main unit on it that did not help either. The heli is un flyable like this as it causes the servos to suddenly jump randomly in flight on when spooled up.

From what i can tell from the logs it doesn't seem to happen when the heli is just ideling on the ground but when spooled up. This gasser is a torqe tube drive so im not expecting its a grounding issue.

What do you think i should look at doing to fix this issue?

thanks

Andy
RV
Re: sensor data checksum error on gasser 700
August 03, 2020 05:56PM
Which Vbar is iit? - I think a old Fullsize.

there might the ignition disturb the signals from external sensor to the main unit.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 03, 2020 08:40PM
hi

Yes i have tested with a full size silver line and blue line vbars.

What would be the solution here. i already have the sensor mounted at the rear of the air frame and spark plug lead is at the front, the main unit is also mounted at the front. Would a ferrite ring or two help at all?

Thanks
RV
August 03, 2020 09:04PM
The soultion is ... check the ignition with its spark plug, resisitor in the spark plug or connector, shielding of connector and cable, connection to GND and Batt- etc.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 09:05PM by RV.
August 03, 2020 10:56PM
what exactly should i be checking for?
RV
August 04, 2020 08:37AM
Hmmm ... if you don't know how to check this ingnition please ask the motor/ignition manufacturer. I am sorry, but never had trouble with my vario gasser, but heared of many changing ignition cables, spark plug (has usually a resistor) or swapping the connectors to shielded ones.

Rainer Vetter

August 06, 2020 02:58PM
Hi

So still no improvement in the situation. i have changed the ignition module including lead and cap, new spark plug and still no change can you please provide guidence please as im still grounded until this is resolved.
RV
August 06, 2020 10:40PM
Hmmm ... i don't own a gasser anymore ... so my tips will be limited.

is there a connection between the motor and RC power minius cable? Like a ground connection for belt driven helis?

Rainer Vetter

August 07, 2020 06:13PM
hi no there is no connection there would you suggest putting one in?

thanks
RV
August 07, 2020 08:07PM
Yes - would be good for a try.

Rainer Vetter

August 08, 2020 09:54PM
so just a cable from the negative part of the ignition to the negative battery terminal?
RV
August 08, 2020 10:28PM
Yes, i would do this for a check. Connect Motor housing and battery minus.

Rainer Vetter

August 09, 2020 01:49PM
Hi

I've tried the cable as you have suggested on no change in the logs still plenty of checksum errors!
August 09, 2020 02:15PM
im getting the warning all the time now when the engine is running even in idle on the ground

i feel it may be a vbar issue and both of my units
RV
August 09, 2020 06:51PM
Okay - but then both sensors / or main units must be affected.

One thing - trying to wiggle at the cables (sensor outlet and plug) does this also cause errors?

Rainer Vetter

August 09, 2020 11:02PM
ive tried this and it seems ok no warnings
RV
August 10, 2020 06:26AM
I still stuck with motor/ignition - but - if you think your VBar and sensors might be causing this - just create a service request for each one (click on the service icon at this device in your list) and lets check them in our shop.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2020 06:27AM by RV.
August 10, 2020 11:33AM
ive opened a service request for both units
August 11, 2020 06:01PM
i may have found and solved the issue!

ive changed the power leads from the rx battery to the vbar and im not getting warning anymore.
ill test over the next couple of flying days and let you know if i have any further issues.

out of interest a friend asked me if there is anything wrong with using hot glue to glue down the vbar?

cheers
RV
August 11, 2020 11:05PM
Nope - nothing wrong with hot glue here.

Hmmm ... the power leads ... did you route them exactly the same way?

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login